• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Olympic child singing star was a fake

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The little girl who starred at the Olympic opening ceremony was miming and only put on stage because the real singer was not considered attractive enough, the show's musical director said.

Pigtailed Lin Miaoke was selected to appear because of her cute appearance and had not sung a note, Chen Qigang, the general music designer of the ceremony, said in an interview with a state broadcaster.

r they saying u may have the telent but wothout the look u r nothing......:confused:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The little girl who starred at the Olympic opening ceremony was miming and only put on stage because the real singer was not considered attractive enough, the show's musical director said.

Tells you something about Chinese culture doesn't it. :rolleyes:

The whole nation is a fake.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pigtailed Lin Miaoke was selected to appear because of her cute appearance and had not sung a note, Chen Qigang, the general music designer of the ceremony, said in an interview with a state broadcaster.

r they saying u may have the telent but wothout the look u r nothing......:confused:

Very sad huh? Instead of promoting the virtue of inner beauty, and looks and exterior aren't everything, the contrary message was conveyed.

That's reality in this cruel world. The beautiful are favoured. The beautiful without talent are favoured, unfairly.

wudi

Alfrescian
Loyal
it was being reported that the real singer has got uneven teeth and deemed as not suitable to be on stage. they surely know how to kill a young heart.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what if she has uneven teeth.....shez still a child.....who knows she may grow up very beautiful.....they shld let her sing on stage coz of her talent......

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is something that LKY would have done the same in the past ... but if he does it now, there will be a hoo ha ofcoz ...

all 9 year old girls are cute what ... i wasnt surprised to learn that the decision was made by an old communist guy - with his repressive confucianist mindset & obsession with face/mian zi ... LKY has the same mindset ...

if they're adults, then its ok ... i sing well & i look like pavarotti (ok, stay backstage) ... ur tone-deaf & u look like kiera knightly (ok, go upfront) ... we're paid for our respective talents ...

but a kid will feel puzzled & hurt ...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
this is something that LKY would have done the same in the past ... but if he does it now, there will be a hoo ha ofcoz ...

I wish somebody would front for Pinky Loong. Pinky can be the real brains behind the PM's office but someone else should be the front man for the position. The guy is a national embarrassment.

He could get his son to do the job. He seems to be a lot better looking.

_39986798_lee203ap.jpg

ishongyi.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did the singer complain about it?
If not, why are you complaining about it?

The little girl is probably too caught between pride and fright to complain. Pride of being chosen as the best voice, and fright of the consequence of complaining not being chosen as the best face.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wish somebody would front for Pinky Loong. Pinky can be the real brains behind the PM's office but someone else should be the front man for the position. The guy is a national embarrassment.

I thought L.H.L. is fronting for L.K.Y. now, no?

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal

pinky - no looks & no brains ... have to use colorful shirts to get attention ...