• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Silly rumours and myths

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Taking this out from the main page and reposting here as too many people have been misled or confused. I just went to a friends place over the weekend and until now, his dad still was told that they cannot buy a MY car in Malaysia(incidentally i drove up to their house in one of my new MY cars).

Someone even said to them they cannot get a loan/insurance for cars. Yet other wise people told them they cannot buy a house in Johore. This is after they already have two houses here.

Like me, the best thing to do is to smile in this type of situation, they OBVIOUSLY know better and since they are adamant that they know the truth despite being shown and informed otherwise, best is not to argue as clearly they are better experienced than you at being an ass.

Guys, please do me a favour, next time someone says the following to you, please smile to their face:

You cannot drive a Malaysian car in Malaysia, you cannot owe and buy one, you cannot get a loan, neither can you get insurance and road tax.
You cannot own a shophouse or house, condo in Malaysia
You cannot have a bank account or current account or Fixed Deposit in Malaysia
You cannot buy pork or eat pork in Malaysia (Lots of bak kut teh, wanton me and roast meat places last i looked)
You cannot start a business in Malaysia without a Malaysian director, etc
You cannot hire Malaysians or have maids in Malaysia
You cannot stay in Malaysia more than a week
You must pay for parking even at your own terrace house

I would personally take a cold cod fish (or any dead fish) and slap some of these people the next time they mention this to me again.
I know because, cars, maids, staff, houses, business i have here. Those who say you can't, please ask them their source.

I even got humbled by my learned friend recently as he used his Maybank account to help me settle a fine (closed during CNY period so used online)
His account is linke to like 600 plus various government and private instituitions. Basically you can pay just about all your bills without going to any
POS office.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taking this out from the main page and reposting here as too many people have been misled or confused. I just went to a friends place over the weekend and until now, his dad still was told that they cannot buy a MY car in Malaysia(incidentally i drove up to their house in one of my new MY cars).

Someone even said to them they cannot get a loan/insurance for cars. Yet other wise people told them they cannot buy a house in Johore. This is after they already have two houses here.

Like me, the best thing to do is to smile in this type of situation, they OBVIOUSLY know better and since they are adamant that they know the truth despite being shown and informed otherwise, best is not to argue as clearly they are better experienced than you at being an ass.

Guys, please do me a favour, next time someone says the following to you, please smile to their face:

You cannot drive a Malaysian car in Malaysia, you cannot owe and buy one, you cannot get a loan, neither can you get insurance and road tax.
You cannot own a shophouse or house, condo in Malaysia
You cannot have a bank account or current account or Fixed Deposit in Malaysia
You cannot buy pork or eat pork in Malaysia (Lots of bak kut teh, wanton me and roast meat places last i looked)
You cannot start a business in Malaysia without a Malaysian director, etc
You cannot hire Malaysians or have maids in Malaysia
You cannot stay in Malaysia more than a week

I would personally take a cold cod fish (or any dead fish) and slap some of these people the next time they mention this to me again.
I know because, cars, maids, staff, houses, business i have here. Those who say you can't, please ask them their source.

I even got humbled by my learned friend recently as he used his Maybank account to help me settle a fine (closed during CNY period so used online)
His account is linke to like 600 plus various government and private instituitions. Basically you can pay just about all your bills without going to any
POS office.

Boss I need another maid, can u help me to get one in MY?

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahahaha lol :biggrin:..... Goodddddd oneeeeee!

Thanks.

But don't know who is the bobo shooter. Your up point kanna negated, not that I mind and I hope you don't mind too...hehe :smile:

Repu Pts.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Already given to you before so must wait some time before i can give to you again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Newbie2012 again.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

lol. I think that is singapore not malaysia. everything must pay and pay

magical

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro u forgot to add....

The next time someone say you cannot be a datuk in Malaysia, smile at them.

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must admit I was one of the silly ones before, about buying a car in MY.

I was just wondering at how someone not working in MY/not in MM2H, can get a car loan approved.

Last edited:

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also if someone says Msia got alot of Malays, smile at them too. Better still bring them to Bt Indah.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already given to you before so must wait some time before i can give to you again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Newbie2012 again.

Your power will certainly help me stay here a long way like it did before. Sorry, forgot to thank you for the first dose of power as I was still fumbling with the bolts and nuts of this forum then. My belated thanks here. :smile:

But do not be too concerned about giving me the second dose. Don't want to have you spreading points to others just to empower me.

By the way, just need to know if my points drop to zero or negative, is it the day when I will RIP here? :p

P.S.: The FAQ for this forum is really too brief. Search through all and still guessing the inner working of reputation point systems. Maybe someone who has figure it all out, can enlighten for the benefit of all. It is best for rules to be clearly laid out so that it can achieve its intended effect.

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your power will certainly help me stay here a long way like it did before. Sorry, forgot to thank you for the first dose of power as I was still fumbling with the bolts and nuts of this forum then. My belated thanks here. :smile:

But do not be too concerned about giving me the second dose. Don't want to have you spreading points to others just to empower me.

By the way, just need to know if my points drop to zero or negative, is it the day when I will RIP here? :p

P.S.: The FAQ for this forum is really too brief. Search through all and still guessing the inner working of reputation point systems. Maybe someone who has figure it all out, can enlighten for the benefit of all. It is best for rules to be clearly laid out so that it can achieve its intended effect.

Maybe someone think you r a clone that's why minus yr points!

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

No lah, I would think he sincerely wants to up my point because he said so in the comment but he might have "fat fingers" like some of those wall street traders and click on the "Disagree" instead of the "Agree" button, especially if he using small mobile devices.

I would have gotten +2 points from him instead of a -1 one points; I read somewhere that when someone with a Power value disagree with you, you will get deducted points of half his power. I don't blame him/her; it is the heart that counts. :smile:

Just hope that when those with very high Power agrees with me, he/she does not have fat fingers or else I would get "RIP" instantly; the reverse would be very heavenly sweet, of course. Haha :p

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

That someone will never stoop so low i think. As for myself, i have only infracted a couple plus minus points off only 1-2 persons all this while.
I have up newbies when they join in whether they ask positive or negative questions.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No lah, I would think he sincerely wants to up my point because he said so in the comment but he might have "fat fingers" like some of those wall street traders and click on the "Disagree" instead of the "Agree" button, especially if he using small mobile devices.

I would have gotten +2 points from him instead of a -1 one points; I read somewhere that when someone with a Power value disagree with you, you will get deducted points of half his power. I don't blame him/her; it is the heart that counts. :smile:

Just hope that when those with very high Power agrees with me, he/she does not have fat fingers or else I would get "RIP" instantly; the reverse would be very heavenly sweet, of course. Haha :p

Yes, i think so once you get under 0 you will be under moderation but should still be able to post as i have seen people posting before with -ve reputation.