• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grace Fu under heavy fire in Facebook for wage comments

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.facebook.com/gracefu.hy

Grace Fu
When I made the decision to join politics in 2006, pay was not a key factor. Loss of privacy, public scrutiny on myself and my family and loss of personal time were. The disruption to my career was also an important consideration. I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office.

- Genee Yan Utterly disappointed to hear from our so called talented politican.
about an hour ago · Like · 2

- James Yap Pay 'WAS NOT' a key factor. Now it is, isn't it? Because you live in the highlights.

Have you ever wondered common people like us other than you all politicians are earning way much lesser than you are? For example, the standard pay now for us Singaporeans is ranging from S$1600 - 2500/MTH. Whereas you all, per say we take the lowest $935,000/YEAR for Jr. Ministers. That is S$77,916.67 a month. Seriously don't compare. What is our pay of S$1000 - $2000 a month compared to yours? Peanuts. I bet you squander that amount within seconds.

If you wanna make noise about a slight cut. Think about us, which I can say you all don't.
about an hour ago · Like · 5

- Toh Yan Yang Loss of dignity? No more top cooking courses in France? Oh wait, this is probably posted by your administrator...
about an hour ago · Like · 4

- Ld Ryan When you decide to serve in the public service, it should about WHAT You Can Do for The Country; everything in your statement is about Your Privacy, Your Time, the Drop in Your Million Dollar Salary Package.

Ms Fu, I'm really afraid you are really have the Wrong Mentality and Most Likely not suited for this job. Learn from Mr Chen Show Mao, he gave up his Millions just to serve the people. This is how a true politician should think and act. Disappointed with your statements and definitely very insensitive.
about an hour ago · Like · 16

- Kenny Tan Bin Kay If you are not happy kindly get out. i am sure there are many much more capable people dying to take your place.
about an hour ago · Like · 5

- Suhendar Gunawan Don't get us wrong, not all of us voted for opposition candidates during GE 2011, but I think we are having a common feeling "dissappointed with your view".
about an hour ago · Like · 7

- Chung Feng Ren How much do you want? Do you want three meals in a hawker centre,food court or restaurant?
about an hour ago · Like · 6

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Fu#Business_career

Business career

Ms Fu began her career with the Overseas Union Bank as an auditor. Between 1991 and 1995, she worked in corporate planning, financial control and business development positions in several entities of the Haw Par Group.

In October 1995, Ms Fu joined PSA Corporation as an Assistant Director (Finance). She took on additional responsibilities as Vice-President (Marketing) and assumed the position of Financial Controller of PSA Corporation in October 1998. She was promoted to the position of Executive Vice-President (Finance) in January 1999. In April 2003, Ms Fu was appointed the Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Terminals. Before she left the PSA Group, Ms Fu was holding the appointment of Chief Executive Officer, PSA South East Asia and Japan, where she was responsible for the business performance of PSA’s flagship terminals in Singapore, Thailand, Brunei and Japan.

She really got screwed. If she had stayed on in public sector, then she would have been really happy.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted on her FB & my comments were deleted! Same old same old post like low echelon, low moral, low upbringing, politicians are tax payer's fed dogs etc etc!

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a reflection of Sinkie society. The opprobrium that she's getting is nothing more than expediency from well-to-do middle class Sinkies who simply want a larger share of the cake. All this talk of "sparing a thought for the poor" rings hollow considering their own inaction towards poverty in Sinkieland. :smile:

If that is so, then it is time to change the perception that public office should not entail sacrifices. I believe the reality is that many will use the opportunity to make as much money as possible but there must be a reasonable limit and a minimum code of honour. There comes a time when there are no answers to some problems no matter how much you pay your leaders to solve them. The other issue is the necessary connection with the ground in order to set policies. This connection cannot be maintained when their salaries are so out of proportion with the rest of the population.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
So foolish of her to express her thoughts in the public Facebook wall. What will it change? Now people will always remember her as the dud who threatens the people about the implications of further wage cuts.

legal_bastard

Alfrescian
Loyal
whats the big deal about being in public eye?
got scandal? like FMH? state press will just not publish loh so your pubic image still like a saint