• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Compassion has no place in this evil Leegime

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=_atssh541 title="AddThis utility frame" height=1 src="//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/sh64.html#iit=1320070180681&cb=0&ab=-&dh=www.sammyboy.com&dr=&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sammyboy.com%2Fnewthread.php%3Fdo%3Dpostthread%26f%3D2&dt=Rich%20text%20editor%2C%20vB_Editor_001_editor%2C%20press%20ALT%200%20for%20help.&md=0&inst=1&jsl=0&lng=en-us&ogt=&pc=wpp&pub=wp-4eaea947500ea894&ssl=0&sid=4eaeac2344637350&srd=1&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srx=0.5&ver=250&xck=0&og=%5Bobject%20Object%5D&rev=105808&ct=1&xld=1&xd=1" width=1 name=_atssh541 frameborder="0"></IFRAME>
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=_atssh877 title="AddThis utility frame" height=1 src="//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/sh64.html#iit=1320070123124&cb=0&ab=-&dh=www.sammyboy.com&dr=&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sammyboy.com%2Fnewthread.php%3Fdo%3Dpostthread%26f%3D2&dt=Rich text editor%2C vB_Editor_001_editor%2C press ALT 0 for help.&md=0&inst=1&jsl=0&lng=en-us&ogt=&pc=wpp&pub=wp-4eaea947500ea894&ssl=0&sid=4eaeabeaf81bc89f&srd=1&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srx=0.5&ver=250&xck=0&og=[object Object]&rev=105808&ct=1&xld=1&xd=1" frameBorder=0 width=1 name=_atssh877></IFRAME>
[h=2]70-year-old summoned to court for owing SP Services $230[/h]Posted by theonlinecitizen on October 31, 2011 <DD_belatedPNG:shape style="Z-INDEX: 0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 99px; HEIGHT: 17px; TOP: 223px; LEFT: 538px" stroked="f" coordsize="99,17" path=" m0,0 l99,0,99,17,0,17 xe" filled="f"><DD_belatedPNG:fill></DD_belatedPNG:fill></DD_belatedPNG:shape><DD_belatedPNG:shape style="CLIP: rect(1px 100px 17px 84px); Z-INDEX: 0; WIDTH: 100px; HEIGHT: 18px; TOP: 223px; LEFT: 538px" stroked="f" fillcolor="none" coordsize="100,18" coordorigin="1,1" path=" m0,0 l100,0,100,18,0,18 xe" filled="t"><DD_belatedPNG:fill type="tile" src="http://theonlinecitizen.com/wp-content/themes/newstube/images/comment.png" position="55050f,3640f"></DD_belatedPNG:fill></DD_belatedPNG:shape>33 Comments
<!--end: postmeta-->
<!-- AddThis Button Begin --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var addthis_product = 'wpp-256';var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};</SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=wp-4eaea947500ea894"></SCRIPT><IFRAME style="BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 90px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; HEIGHT: 25px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; scrollbars: no; scrolling: no" src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Ftheonlinecitizen.com%2F2011%2F10%2F70-year-old-summoned-to-court-for-owing-sp-services-230%2F&layout=button_count&show_faces=false&width=100&action=like&font=arial&layout=button_count" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no scrollbars="no"></IFRAME><IFRAME style="WIDTH: 110px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter For Websites: Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html#_=1320069858155&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Ftheonlinecitizen.com%2F2011%2F10%2F70-year-old-summoned-to-court-for-owing-sp-services-230%2F&id=twitter_tweet_button_0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Ftheonlinecitizen.com%2F2011%2F10%2F70-year-old-summoned-to-court-for-owing-sp-services-230%2F&related=&text=70-year-old summoned to court for owing SP Services %24230&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftheonlinecitizen.com%2F2011%2F10%2F70-year-old-summoned-to-court-for-owing-sp-services-230%2F%23.Tq6q13QvH7I.twitter&via=AddThis" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>?

~by: Amanda Lee~
A couple of days ago, my 49-year-old mother made a phone call to SP Services as my sick grandfather received a court of summon.
Here is the story.
About three months ago, my grandfather lost unconscious and suffered a brain hemorrhage. Everyone, including the doctors thought he would not make it. He however pulled through with his sheer will power.
The hemorrhage in his brain nonetheless affected his body condition. He has mild Alzheimer’s and now has to undergo physiotherapy to regain his body’s movements.
It may sound like a typical sad old man’s story, but I am sure there are many people in Singapore who share the same fate as him.
Before my grandfather fell ill, he was just a fishmonger, at Toa Payoh wet market. After he fell ill, he could not ply his business but he still had to pay his electricity bills.
As everyone in my family was in an emotional state and was visiting him every day at Changi General Hospital, no one returned to my grandfather’s house to check his letterbox.
But when they did, when his condition improved considerably and he had moved in with my aunt, a shock waited for us in his letter-box.
My ailing 70-odd-year-old grandfather is being charged in court for owing $230 to SP Services.
Shocked and worried, my mother called SP Services the following day and asked if she can pay the amount in installments.
The customer service officer however refused demanding that my grandfather attend court, this despite my mother explaining to her about my grandfather’s medical and physical condition.
Why was not more sympathy extended towards an older man

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buddha cries, Jesus weeps and Allah wails but the scums in white laughing all the way to the bank.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have ever owe SP a much larger amount and longer period and have never receive any summon. They only cut of the electricity but water supply still available. Yes, in order to reactivate the power supply, you have to wait one day after full payment.

The only time I received a summon was for the radio and tv license or tax. Cannot remember the name of the department but confirm not IRAS. The office is located near United Square.

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry, nothing to do with the regime, SP sold to foreigner. Sporeans can go to die.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. you die your biz.
3. this is the sop of any sheep organisation.
3. all those crying, apology and sorry are so fake.
4. one old man down matters nothing to the sheep.
5. what matters most is the dollar & cent!

Last edited:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have ever owe SP a much larger amount and longer period and have never receive any summon. They only cut of the electricity but water supply still available. Yes, in order to reactivate the power supply, you have to wait one day after full payment.

The only time I received a summon was for the radio and tv license or tax. Cannot remember the name of the department but confirm not IRAS. The office is located near United Square.

Right, bro. Never heard of anyone summoned to court for failing to pay SP charges. So this poor chap is the first to be charged for non payment and others will soon follow suit.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right, bro. Never heard of anyone summoned to court for failing to pay SP charges. So this poor chap is the first to be charged for non payment and others will soon follow suit.
Sorry, side track a little. Brings back bad memories. The most Jialat' case I ever kena was late in paying CPF contributions of my employees to CPF during the SARS outbreak. When the SARS outbreak happened, many of my customers could not made payments as most want to hold on to their cash flow. Most or all of my suppliers are also very understanding and supportive and extended my credit terms until things get better. My employees are also OK as I have explained to them I do not have enought cash flow as clients could not pay me now. I only pay CPF payment for 1 employee as he need the CPF funds for his flat. The rest of the employees are OK as they sit in office whole day doing nothing and wait for 6pm and also, they have enough in the CPF ordinary account for their HDB needs.

The most hypocritical thing that happened was the government's call to all companies not to retrench any employees during the SARS. I was stupid enough to believe this crab and instead did not listen to a wise old friend's advice of letting all staff go.

Ended up, when the SARS crisis was over, CPF started to haunt me for all outstanding employee CPF contributions and demanded immediate full payment. During the SARS period, they never chase me at all. Spoke to my employees and they are OK if I pay the outstanding CPF owing to them later but CPF not OK. They also called my home while I was not in, and when my mother answered the phone, they talk like lawyers saying your son, owe CPF X amount of money and will take legal action if I do not respond. That's the final straw. Over the next 6 months after SARS, I managed to recover all the debts and paid everything owing to CPF and my employees' salaries and shut down the company after another 1 months.

Thanks, but no thanks, CPF. I learnt a lot during that time and became stronger but CPF won't be getting a single cent from me.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chonburifc said:
Thanks, but no thanks, CPF. I learnt a lot during that time and became stronger but CPF won't be getting a single cent from me.

Don't play a fool with the govt. If there is a delay in payment, CPF will send letters to all your staff and you can have a run on your company. If you owe IRAS taxes, they will not only summon you to court but also have the power to freeze all your bank accounts and order the banks to deduct your tax from there. They are the worst creditor you can owe money to. Even Ah Long can only pour black paint on your door. IRAS freezes your bank accounts which can potentially stops all your business transactions. The money owed could be just a small amount.