• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK is invaded by Alien Jelly or Star Blobs - Yucks! Scum Ball!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.google.com/news/more?hl...sult&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CC4QqgIwAA

The real-life Blob: Is mysterious translucent jelly found in Cumbrian Fells ...

Daily Mail - ‎Oct 22, 2011‎
The Lake District fells have been invaded by 'The Blob', a translucent jelly which is said in folklore to be from outer space. Within the past week the mysterious translucent jelly has materialised in and around the fells of Patterdale ...
Weird News: Lake District invaded by 'alien' jelly last seen in Scotland
Scottish Daily Record - ‎Oct 22, 2011‎
Walkers have been left baffled by the quivering, translucent mass, nicknamed Star Jelly because it reputedly fell to Earth from meteors. Four cops in Philadelphia first came across a huge blob in 1950 and their discovery led to the 1958 sci-fi film. ...
Return of The Blob as slimey substance which inspired film invades Lake District
Mirror.co.uk - ‎Oct 21, 2011‎
Walkers have been left baffled by the quivering, translucent mass, nicknamed Star Jelly because it reputedly fell to Earth from meteors. Four cops in Philadelphia first came across a huge blob in 1950 and ...
Lake District is hit by The Blob
The Sun - ‎Oct 21, 2011‎
HIKERS in the Lake District have been left baffled after the famous fells were invaded by THE BLOB. Strange piles of translucent jelly measuring a foot wide have been spotted near Patterdale, just south of Ullswater. ...
Mysterious jelly found in Cumbria - could it be from outer space?
AOL Travel UK - ‎Oct 23, 2011‎
Walkers in the Lake District fells have spotted mysterious blobs of translucent jelly which, according to folklore, comes from outer space. The 'blobs' have appeared in the last week in and around the fells of Patterdale, ...
Alien talk as The Blob lands in Lake District
The Westmorland Gazette - ‎Oct 22, 2011‎
THE Lake District has become the international focus for a fascinating 'sci-fi phenomenon' - like the one that inspired the alien horror movie The Blob. Mysterious deposits of a translucent jelly have suddenly appeared in the ...
LAKE DISTRICT BEAUTY SPOT INVADED BY BLOB FROM OUTER SPACE
Express.co.uk - ‎Oct 21, 2011‎
Nobody is sure what it is. But over the past week The Blob (some say it is from outer space) has materialised in and around the fells of Patterdale, Cumbria. A similar incident inspired a cult B-movie, The Blob – Steve McQueen's ...
All 7 related articles »

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...slucent-jelly-Cambrian-fells-outer-space.html

The real-life Blob: Is mysterious translucent jelly found in Cumbrian Fells from outer space?

By Lucy Buckland

Last updated at 5:35 PM on 22nd October 2011

Comments (66)
Add to My Stories

The Lake District fells have been invaded by 'The Blob', a translucent jelly which is said in folklore to be from outer space.

Within the past week the mysterious translucent jelly has materialised in and around the fells of Patterdale, Cumbria.

While some put the mysterious goo down to meteor showers, others say the strange substance appears during rutting season.
Invasion of 'The Blob': A mysterious white substance, known as star jelly, has appeared around the fells of Patterdale, Cumbria

Invasion of 'The Blob': A mysterious white substance, known as star jelly, has appeared around the fells of Patterdale, Cumbria

A similar incident inspired the film 'The Blob' when in 1950 four policemen in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, came across a huge disk of quivering jelly which measured six feet in diameter.

More...

Flourescent dog food and a brolly for your book! Bonkers? Yes, but these inventions are heading for the High Street
Scientists find star with temperature 'like a summer day on Earth'

But unlike the hit 1958 horror film starring Steve McQueen these blobs don't terrorise the community and there have been no reports of any other supernatural behaviour.

The substance is known as 'Star Jelly' and some say is left over from meteor showers but its sporadic appearance around the world has continually dumb-founded scientists.

The last reported sighting came in 2009 when it was discovered in the hills of Scotland.

It had been suggested that the blob, which can be tracked back to the 14th Century, could be the remains of frogs, toads or worms, though tests have been inconclusive.

Baffling: As the substance, which can be dated back to the 14th Century evaporates so quickly scientists say they are dumbfounded as to its origins

Baffling: As the substance, which can be dated back to the 14th Century evaporates so quickly scientists say they are dumbfounded as to its origins
The fictional blob: Unlike the 1958 film blob (pictured) the Cumbrian blobs are much smaller

The fictional blob: Unlike the 1958 film blob (pictured) the Cumbrian blobs are much smaller
Discovery: Scientists are dumbfounded by the white substance on the Cumbrian Fells

Discovery: Scientists are dumbfounded by the white substance on the Cumbrian Fells

Rob Shephard, a holiday-cottage owner, of Patterdale, was one of the first to encounter the slime which has invaded the area.

Mr Shephard, 43, said: 'I first found out about the jelly from some friends on Monday and the next day I went out into the fells looking for it as I was intrigued.

'They said they had looked it up and it could be 'star jelly' - caused by a meteor shower.
Beware...The 1958 sci-horror film was inspired by the true four policemen in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, came across a huge disk of quivering jelly which measured six feet in diameter and evaporated when touched

Beware...The 1958 sci-horror film was inspired by a true story

'I know of at least five other people who have come across it in the past week,but as far as I know it has never been seen in these parts before.

'Within twenty minutes of the walk I came across the jelly myself. There were about nine or ten blobs of it floating on top of some puddles. They were the size of my foot.

'I didn't touch the jelly as it was pretty horrible weather up in the fells so I just took some snaps and made my way down.

'But I will definitely be going up again, and might try and put some in a container, although from everything I have read this stuff evaporates pretty quickly.

'I am not sure why this jelly has materialised but at first I thought it could have something to do with the rutting season.

'There are lots of stags in Scotland where the jelly has occurred before. But I would like to think meteor showers are involved.'

Tom Driscoll, 53, the owner of Patterdale Village Store, has also been left baffled by the appearance of the mysterious gelatinous blobs.

He said: 'I was walking at the weekend with my partner when we came across six or eight piles of the stuff.

'My initial thought was that it could be frog spawn, but when I had a closer look I realised this was not the case.
THE THEORIES BEHIND THE BLOB

Frogs: Some say toxic frogs that have been eaten by other animals and then spat out are behind the substance

Stags: When rutting season occurs the white substance seems to be more present on the hillsides

Algae: The Blue-green algae variety forms colonies made up of cells in a gelatinous sheath. When on the ground, it is ordinarily not seen; but after rainfall it swells up into a conspicuous jellylike mass

Meteor shower: On August 11 1979 a Texan woman reported the discovery of several purple blobs of goo on her front yard following a Perseid meteor shower, giving weight to the Star Jelly theory

'I touched it and it had the consistency of frog spawn but some of the pieces were as big as a person's foot as I didn't think it was anything that a human or animal could make.

'I have lived here for six years, and I go walking in the fells three to four times a week, but never before have I seen such a thing.

'It has left me totally flummoxed.'

His partner, Gillian Beggs, 60, added: 'There was talk that the jelly could be related to the rutting season, which sees stags round up female deer for mating. But if this was the case we would have noticed it before.

'I have no idea what it could be, and I am baffled by it. I will be going out into the fells again today to try and collect some.'

Dr Hans Sluiman, an algae expert at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, was involved in the 2009 investigations into the appearance of the blobs in Scotland.

He said: 'At the time I put some of the material under the microscope. I was trying to determine if it contained algae. I discovered a few very small algae cells, but came to the conclusion these had entered the jelly via contamination with plant matter.

'I did discover that the jelly is made up almost entirely of water, but was not able to find out exactly what it was.

'The trouble is that the jelly does not appear very often, and once it has been brought down from the hills it is not very fresh.

'It is possible that it is down to toxic frogs that have been eaten by other animals and then spat out, but nobody knows for sure.'

article-2052189-0E78671500000578-368_468x467.jpg

article-2052189-0E78672200000578-406_468x338.jpg

article-2052189-0E7BA45100000578-756_468x286.jpg

article-2052189-0E7BA56500000578-298_468x286.jpg

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/w...n-jelly-last-seen-in-scotland-86908-23506580/

Lake District invaded by 'alien' jelly last seen in Scotland

Oct 22 2011 mirror.co.uk
blob Image 2
blob-image-2-185312252.jpg

blob Image 2

ITS mysterious appearance in America inspired the alien horror movie The Blob.

And now the strange gooey substance has invaded the Lake District.

Walkers have been left baffled by the quivering, translucent mass, nicknamed Star Jelly because it reputedly fell to Earth from meteors.

Four cops in Philadelphia first came across a huge blob in 1950 and their discovery led to the 1958 sci-fi film.

Investigations since have failed to reveal what causes the slime, although it has been likened to the remains of frogs, toads or worms.

The latest bizarre sightings were on hills and pastures in Patterdale, Cumbria, where holiday cottage owner Rob Shephard said: "I came across about 10 blobs floating on top of some puddles.

They were the size of my foot. I didn't touch the jelly, I just took some snaps."

Village store owner Tom Driscoll, 53, has also been left perplexed, saying: "I was walking with my partner when we came across six or eight piles of the stuff.

"My initial thought was that it could be frog spawn, but when I had a closer look I realised this was not the case.

"I touched it and it had the consistency of frog spawn but some of the pieces were as big as a person's foot and I didn't think it was anything that a human or animal could make."

Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh algae expert Dr Hans Sluiman investigated a 2009 sighting in Scotland, which was linked to stags' rutting season.

He said: "I did discover the jelly is made up almost entirely of water but was not able to find out exactly what it was. It may be toxic frogs that have been eaten by other animals and then spat out. But nobody knows for sure."

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/loca...veal-more-strange-jelly-finds-86081-29680882/

Mystery deepens as Huddersfield folk reveal more ‘strange jelly’ finds

by Nick Lavigueur, Huddersfield Daily Examiner
Oct 29 2011

MYSTERY jelly has been found at more sites around Huddersfield.

Seven-year-old Ketan Jalota found a strange jelly-like substance at Buckstones on Marsden Moor.

The Golcar boy is one of dozens of people across the UK to find a puddle of the weird gloop – but no-one knows what it is.
Jelly

The jelly has experts baffled and has been featured by a host of newspapers and TV shows.

It was thought it could be star jelly, the alleged remnants of a meteorite shower, but so far scientists have failed to establish exactly what it is.

Explanations have ranged from it being a fungus to an algae with some believing it could even be alien goo.

Until last week reports of the jelly were mainly in the Lake District and Scotland but now more Examiner readers have come forward with sightings across the region.

Holme man Arthur Quarmby said he had spotted the greyish white substance a few times on walks on the moors above Holmfirth.

Rebecca Robinson said the jelly first appeared on land at her farm three years ago and said it came back when the weather turned grim.

The Slaithwaite woman said she had picked some up and said she backed another theory that it was something to do with frogs.

Rebecca, who has lived in the area for more than 30 years, said the jelly only appeared when it was really damp.

She said: “I’ve picked up a big handful of it and it does smell of frogs.

“We do get a lot of frogs up here but I’ve never seen any near the jelly.

“It’s not sticky, it doesn’t mark or burn the skin. It never happens in the summer and it’s always on marshy boggy fields.

“It looks like frog spawn except without the dots.

“It is weird, I think it’s something natural; I don’t think it’s anything dodgy.”

Honley couple Colin and Joy Bray found some of the mysterious gloop near their frog pond.

But Joy said they were baffled by the find as the frogs were hibernating at the time.

She said: “We have a small frog pond and discovered quite a large blob of this solid opaque jelly plus smaller deposits, scattered around the edge of the pond last January.

“We were totally mystified at the time and put it down to being deposited by some wild animal visitor.”

Walkers who found the jelly near Patterdale in the Lake District last week, sent a sample to the Royal Botanical Gardens in Edinburgh for analysis.

Botanist, Dr Hans Sluiman investigated and ruled out the algae, fungus and alien options.

He said there was evidence the sample came from some animal, possibly a stag, but was calling on help from a zoologist for answers.

jelly-143433875.jpg

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/loca...ry-star-jelly-on-marsden-moor-86081-29654055/

Huddersfield boy is latest to find mystery ‘Star Jelly’ on Marsden Moor

Oct 25 2011

THE mystery of ‘Star Jelly’ has hit Huddersfield.

Across the UK, walkers and nature lovers have been finding a strange white jelly substance in the countryside.

The unexplained phenomenon has people baffled, with some believing it is a fungi and others saying it could be alien material.
Jelly

But the most common theory is that it is remnants from a meteorite shower known as ‘Pwdre Ser’ or ‘Star Jelly’.

Up to now the peculiar jelly has mainly been found in Cumbria and Scotland and at the weekend hikers in the Lake District were debating what had caused another recent deposit.

Now the mystery of the blob has come to Huddersfield after a puddle of the jelly was spotted by seven-year-old Golcar boy Ketan Jalota.

Huddersfield boy is latest to find mystery ‘Star Jelly’ on Marsden Moor

Oct 25 2011

THE mystery of ‘Star Jelly’ has hit Huddersfield.

Across the UK, walkers and nature lovers have been finding a strange white jelly substance in the countryside.

The unexplained phenomenon has people baffled, with some believing it is a fungi and others saying it could be alien material.
Jelly

But the most common theory is that it is remnants from a meteorite shower known as ‘Pwdre Ser’ or ‘Star Jelly’.

Up to now the peculiar jelly has mainly been found in Cumbria and Scotland and at the weekend hikers in the Lake District were debating what had caused another recent deposit.

Now the mystery of the blob has come to Huddersfield after a puddle of the jelly was spotted by seven-year-old Golcar boy Ketan Jalota.

brothers-51011826.jpg

jelly-143433875.jpg

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
英国湖区到处发现外星人大便

http://news.xinhuanet.com/tech/2011-10/28/c_122208766.htm

英湖区遭半透明胶状物“入侵” 似科幻片怪体
2011年10月28日 10:11:41  来源: 科技日报 【字号 大小】【留言】【打印】【关闭】

英国坎布里亚的帕特达勒湖区,日前遭一种半透明胶状物“入侵”,酷似1958年科幻影片中的变形怪体。一些人认为这个神秘来客来自于外太空,由流星雨带到地球,其他人则表示这种怪物会在动物发情季节出现,应该与发情季节有关。

半透明胶状物曾是1958年热门科幻影片《变形怪体》的灵感源泉。1950年,美国宾夕法尼亚州费城的4名警察发现一个巨大的抖动的神秘胶状物,直径达到6英尺(约合1.82米)。恐怖片《变形怪体》由史蒂夫—麦奎因领衔主演。与影片中展现的怪物不同,坎布里亚湖区出现的胶状物并没有让当地社区陷入恐惧之中,此外,也没有出现任何有关超自然现象的报告。

这种物体被形象地称之为“星果冻”,有人认为它们由流星雨带到地球。它们不时在世界各地出现,一直让科学家大为不解。上一次目击“星果冻”是在2009年,在苏格兰山区发现。“星果冻”的历史可以追溯到14世纪,可能是青蛙、蟾蜍或者蚯蚓的残骸,但检测结果并不能证明这种推测。

帕特达勒湖区度假别墅业主罗布—谢泼德是首批发现这种怪物的人之一。现年43岁的谢泼德说:“周一,我从朋友口中得知出现这种胶状物,第二天,我亲自到现场查看,看看自己是不是被他们骗了。他们认为应该是‘星果冻’,由流星雨带到地球。据我了解,上周至少有其他5个人看到了这种神秘物体,这一地区此前从未出现这种怪现象。”

帕特达勒店铺老板、现年53岁的汤姆—德里斯考尔也看到了这些神秘的胶状物,同样对它们的身份产生困惑。他说:“在周末与好友外出时,我们遇到了6个或者8个神秘的胶状物。我们最初认为是青蛙卵,仔细观察后推翻了这一猜测。我用手摸了摸,虽然感觉与青蛙卵差不多,但由于个头与人脚差不多,我不认为它们是人类或者任何动物的产物。我已经在这里住了6年,每周都要去湖区三四次,但此前还从未看到这种东西。我被彻底搞糊涂了,不知道它们究竟是什么。”

2009年,苏格兰出现“星果冻”,爱丁堡皇家植物园藻类专家汉斯—斯鲁曼博士曾参与调查。他说:“当时,我将它们放在显微镜下观察,以确定它们是不是藻类。虽然发现了少量藻类细胞,但这些物质可能是被植物物质污染,因此无法证实它们的身份。我发现它们几乎完全由水构成,但就是无法确定它们到底是什么。这种果冻状物质并不经常出现,将它们从山上带下来后,它们已经很不新鲜了。它们可能是有毒青蛙的残骸,被其他动物吞掉后又吐了出来,但没有人能够确定这一点。”

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I swear, with all sincerity that I have seen this in the rural areas of SG.

I used to see amongst the grass it in the plantations behind where my Grandma lived in Ulu Sembawang, especially on a cool day after a heavy rain.

But I must say they are smaller, about the size no bigger than that of a golf ball, they looked pretty strange, almost like a mushroom that exploded it's outer shell leaving behind only pus.

To bad, it never did occur to me to touch it, because we were told to pluck fruit from only certain trees and not piss off the inhabitants of the netherworld by being "too" adventurous.

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The matter proved that human knowledge and so called scientists or experts are very limited indeed. Also that we had adopted the wrong attitude that human is so knowledgeable and intelligent and KNOW EVERYTHING. Even on earth there are many things we had yet discover and study not to mention the infinity of space.:rolleyes:

Confucius: 子曰:知之为知之不知为不知是知也。

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This kind of threads, GMS should be very active, instead of occupying the political threads. I really hope someone will start the Apollo 20 thread.