• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

help 1, boast; fine 10, quiet.....

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Mr Speaker, Sir, please allow me to just make a point of clarification on Mrs Lina Chiam's point about the old lady selling tissue papers. She mentioned about different locations, which could be the hawker centres or public places.

As the Mayor of the North East CDC, and also on behalf of other mayors, I would say that these are the cases that we probably have to deal with or engage with on a ...daily basis. The point to clarify is that the Government is not out there to put fines on these individuals. The policy as regards hawking is to make sure that there are no unlicensed hawkers out there and to make sure that the public places are orderly and not chaotic.

But for individuals, like the old lady selling tissue papers, we have seen such cases and for some of them, they have their personal options and they make a choice. But I do agree that for others, they may need help. And I am always very delighted, or I would say heartened, that people can send us messages to highlight certain individuals (old lady or old man) who are hawking around with tissue papers. How do we approach it?

We do not give them a fine.

We send officers down, to talk to them, and see what they need. In fact, just last week, I received another message through Facebook that actually highlighted that there was this lady selling tissue papers and needed help. Immediately, we sent our officers there, tried to talk to the lady and see what she needs. And it turned out that she needed some financial assistance and so, we helped her.

So, it is with that compassionate approach that we deal with the issue. If not, organisations like CDC would not have been set up. We are really set up to build this safety net for every individual that needs help." - Mr Teo Ser Luck, 12th Parliament

seriously, do the pap find tissue uncles or aunties? why are they not boasting about such incidents?