• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gerald Giam KOs Auctioneer Ser Luck, Sotong de Souza, Baby Saver Janil in one swoop

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: Mr Speaker, I like to respond to a point of clarification from Mr Teo Ser Luck. He asked who can predict the right number, the right figure between supply and demand in the area of transport, healthcare and housing capacity. Did the MOM and ICA not know we were letting in this huge influx of foreigners? Did they inform MOH, MOT and MND? And was the left hand not talking to the right hand, or was it because the imperative of economic growth took precedence over the welfare and the comfort of our people?

(Knowing that his auctioneering "skils" don't work in parliament, he raised his white flag, sat down and such the fcuk up).

===================

Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: Mr Speaker, Sir, I would like to clarify some points that Mr Christopher de Souza made. Mr de Souza said that the Government is not accountable to MPs. Parliament’s role is to keep the Executive Government −

Mr Christopher de Souza: That is not what I said, Mr Speaker.

Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: Mr Speaker, Mr Christopher de Souza said that the Government is not accountable to the Workers’ Party MPs. Mr Speaker, Parliament’s role is to keep the Executive Government −

Mr Christopher De Souza: Mr Speaker, that is not what I said.

Mr Speaker: Mr Giam, I think the point was he said that the Government is not accountable to the Workers’ Party.

Mr Christopher de Souza: Mr Speaker, Sir, I did not say that the government of the day is not accountable to MPs. I did not say that the government of the day is not accountable to the Workers’ Party MPs. The government of the day is not accountable to the People’s Action Party. In the same vein, the government of the day is accountable to the people of Singapore and, therefore, that is a cornerstone, a hallmark of our democratic process.
(Read the entire exchange to have a good laugh on how the Sotong tried to worm and wriggle out of his own stupidity, needing his comrade Speaker Mike to save his further embarassment).

=========================

Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: Mr Speaker, a point of clarification in response to Dr Janil Puthucheary. He said my data and my speech were based on flawed study. Now, let me quote from the Department of Statistics’ Yearbook of Statistics Singapore 2011.

He said that the figures I gave were based on “Acute Care”. That is incorrect. It was based on “Overall Hospital Beds” in Singapore. The Member was suggesting that there are actually more beds in the “Extended Care” sector because of our ageing population. That is actually not true because in 2000, there were 4,007 Extended Care beds but in 2010, there were 3,172 which is a 20% overall drop. In the public sector Extended Care alone, there is a 39% drop from 3,292 to 2,010.

Dr Janil Puthucheary: Mr Speaker, I will try to be brief and not get into the technicalities of microbiology nor epidemiology. There is a link perhaps between what happens in a hospital and the infection rate. I was merely pointing out that the specific study he chose to quote which was endorsed by the Royal College was based on flawed data. In my opinion, I do not think the technicalities of my professional opinion and his reading of that is perhaps best debated in this House. I am willing to proceed with that if there was a request but I do not think it is appropriate, Sir.
(Read also how this baby-saver ex-Malaysian worm, tried to untie himself from his illogical statements in the exchange and then still tidak mahu kala thinks parliament is not the right place to debate. Brought in red herrings about hospital infections when the issue was the number of hospital beds.)

- http://geraldgiam.sg/2011/10/debate-with-pap-mps-after-my-parliament-speech/

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Gerald Giam KOs Auctioneer Ser Luck, Sotong de Souza, Baby Saver Janil in one swo

Can you imagine if WP nominated Eric Tan instead of Gerald Giam to parliament. Can fathom the outcome.

Janil is no different to the old man and tactic of questioning statistics. Chris de Souza came out badly in this . Despite his qualifications, I susect that his intelligence is quite iffy.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Gerald Giam KOs Auctioneer Ser Luck, Sotong de Souza, Baby Saver Janil in one swo

10-20 years ago, an MP of gerald's caliber would be fielded as a PAP candidate. fast forward to today - they can only attract 2nd rate MPs and sycophants like tin pei ling and chirs

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Gerald Giam's speech has rekindled the glowing embers of what I thought was my dying pride to be Singaporean.

Well done Gerald, very soon, you can take on LKY's self-deluded false logic that they have to keep jacking up ministerial pay astronomically to find people to serve Singapore.

Fact is, The People want to serve Singapore, just not as another running dog of the PAP dictatorship.

WP MPs are a testament to that.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Janil is no different to the old man and tactic of questioning statistics.

makes me wonder if every public policies that have been made so far calculated based on the ROI of the value for each strata of the populace... which leads to the next question: how much am i worth as an economic digit? :eek::eek::eek:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Both Chris and Janil should consider what the outcome would if either of them stood against Gerald Giam in the next GE at a SMC. I think they know what the results would be if they make these kinds of comments.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal

Both Chris and Janil should consider what the outcome would if either of them stood against Gerald Giam in the next GE at a SMC. I think they know what the results would be if they make these kinds of comments.

Chris can talk sense at times... but Janil is a softcock loser who at best deserves a tight bitch slap

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Janil's father's antics in the 70s, landed people in jail. Old man lost his bundle massively and demanded retribution. So they rounded up a whole bunch of people including Ho Kwon Ping, people lost their citizenship etc and this mudderfucker is now a PAP MP.

This is typical old man. His point is that he will make the offspring of his enemies his bitches and and this is no different. He has done to so many. The father actually turned up for the launch of MIW book and cosied up to the old man.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Janil's father's antics in the 70s, landed people in jail. Old man lost his bundle massively and demanded retribution. So they rounded up a whole bunch of people including Ho Kwon Ping, people lost their citizenship etc and this mudderfucker is now a PAP MP.

This is typical old man. His point is that he will make the offspring of his enemies his bitches and and this is no different. He has done to so many. The father actually turned up for the launch of MIW book and cosied up to the old man.

Ditto for Janadas, whose president-father Devan Nair was forced to run road and died a broken man in Canada. And now the NTUC got the cheek to do stuff to 'honour' him when they are no where near the care and concern that Devan demonstrated for the Singapore's workers.

And don't get me started on that choh boh and chiak liaw bee Zorro "Minister in PM's office" Lim Shit Say.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

I must say our WP boys and gal in Parliament are giving them the 3rd degree. Goes to show all these PAP coat tail MPs are lighter weight than blood sucking mosquitoes in our malaria swamp called Parliament. Let's fog and smoke them out. They have gotten used to the soft life so let's give them a taste of the real hard knocks in politics and cut and thrust!

Btw, did you tune in to the lame Young PAP debate thread I started? Well, laugh yr head off at their amateurish acts.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They look 'good' only because the Bradell Brothel self-edit and show up only their stronger sides and the MIWs believe their own press releases.