• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Qantas Grounds Entire Fleet

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, this is the first time I ever heard an airline taking such drastic action!

Link: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/qantas-grounds-entire-fleet/story-e6frfku0-1226180315173

Qantas grounds entire fleet

Qantas will lock out all its employees covered by the agreements that are currently in dispute, forcing an immediate grounding of its entire fleet. "We are grounding the Qantas fleet now," Qantas chief Alan Joyce has said, adding that planes currently in the air would continue to their destinations.
The lockout will begin at 8pm AEDT on Monday, but Mr Joyce has said to maintain safety standards meant the grounding had to be effective from "right now".
"We are locking out until the unions withdraw their extreme claim and reach agreement with us," Mr Joyce has told a press conference.
He has said he has informed the government of his decision.
He has said overseas staff would not be affected by the lockout and would continue to be paid.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's about time. Qantas unions have been stirring shit up demanding more pay in an already tight industry. Imagine having to pay a baggage handler in Changi Airport a 5 figure monthly salary after overtime, or an aircraft technician demanding to get $80/hr for normal rates, Changi would be filled with Mercs and BMWs belonging to Blue Collared workers.

Undergrads might as well quit studying then and aspire to sweep the floors that these overly paid labourers walk on.

If the airline didn't do this, the government would have nationalised the entire airline in one fell swoop and will run the National Carrier into the ground until until some Asian White Knight came in an bought over the airline.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Qantas decision is the best. Die die together. Nothing to lose. Qantas bankrupt all employee will not get anything no salary ,bonus, benefit ........................
Now the card is in Qantas management. The union will eat shit.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's about time. Qantas unions have been stirring shit up demanding more pay in an already tight industry. Imagine having to pay a baggage handler in Changi Airport a 5 figure monthly salary after overtime, or an aircraft technician demanding to get $80/hr for normal rates, Changi would be filled with Mercs and BMWs belonging to Blue Collared workers.

Undergrads might as well quit studying then and aspire to sweep the floors that these overly paid labourers walk on.

If the airline didn't do this, the government would have nationalised the entire airline in one fell swoop and will run the National Carrier into the ground until until some Asian White Knight came in an bought over the airline.

If I might add, Qantas was doing ok when it was owned by the Australian Government. It was after the airline was privatised that this crap start to happen. Qantas was outsourcing everything to Asia, the australian workers know about this sure tu lan one wat...and the CEO got millions paid to him, that money would have been better paid to workers.. these CEOs are running the organisation to the ground and pocketing millions. What has the CEO done to justify his pay?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't believe it is not butter.

_56357066_013245230-1.jpg

_56355772_qantas1.jpg

The unannounced grounding of Qantas left thousands of people stranded at international airports.

_56358607_qantas2.jpg

The shutdown was expected to affect more than 13,000 people over its first 24 hours.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_56358609_qantas3.jpg

Qantas and the Unions have been in dispute over restructuring since August.

_56358757_qantas6.jpg

Check-in in the Perth Domestic Airport - 29 10 2001
Australia's industrial tribunal can demand an end to the lockout of workers ordered by Qantas.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now whole world MNC looking at the outcome. If Qantas succeed then new time union will have no power to negotiate.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

now the world know the wisdom of our lauLKY..he is a GOD....singapore will die without him.SIA will die without his intervention. these pilots are demanding the sky, the moon and the stars....singaporeans better count their blessings instead of kpkb...i lim kopi here so happy....now you see QUATAS shut down the whole fleet...really siao!!!..where got such thing..only the angmohs can do such drastic thing...don't care about other people...millions stranded.million plans aborted.million things disrupted...siao leow this kangaroo airplane!!!...so sinkies better be happy and worhsip the greatness of our great leeders!!!...come i spent your kopitehO...lim!!!

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
860x.jpg

Passengers queue at Qantas check-in counters at Changi International Airport in Singapore on October 29, 2011. Australian flag carrier Qantas on October 29, took the drastic step of grounding its entire fleet indefinitely in an escalating industrial dispute, a move unions called 'a stunning overreaction'.

x870.jpg

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Qantas took the leaf from book of LKY....

but who is happiest? Richard Branson's Virgin...

You right never never let employee blackmail company. If always blackmail by employee no point continue just shut it down and close the company.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been looking at Qantas reports. The only operation making money for the company is its Frequent Flyer Program.
And it has been bleeding $15m DAILY since the strikes begun, & as long as unions continue striking until Xmas. Bookings will be at record low because passengers are not flying with the 'roo.

So the CEO really has no choice!

He should be paid more than the raise at the AGM few days back.

However, i'm pretty sure Alan Joyce will get the SACK

Why? For restructuring a dodo bird?

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm hope you are not the head of any company.

Will you want company slowly bleed to dead or make hard decision to be stronger.
Slowly dead company will also close down.
If I were they CEO/biggest share holder, I will make the same decision.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good move by Qantas...Aussie Unions are getting too big headed.....tooo demanding...there has to a right balance of both......