• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Part-Time Cashier Also Can Get PR. Now Bring in TB! Well Done, FAP!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Third student at Bedok school diagnosed with tuberculosis[/h]
Published on Oct 25, 2011

Bedok Town Secondary School student Jarah Lachica (right), who has been diagnosed with tuberculosis, chatting with visiting schoolmate Delyshya Serafina on Monday at Changi General Hospital. Looking on is Jarah's mother Medonia Lachica. -- ST PHOTO: SAMUEL HE

By Melissa Pang
A Secondary 4 student from Bedok Town Secondary School has been diagnosed with tuberculosis (TB) - the third student from the school found to have the infectious disease this year.
On Monday night, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said that this new case was 'not an identified contact' of the other two students, who contracted TB in April and July this year.
The three were from different academic levels and were not close contacts, said a ministry spokesman.
'However, we are conducting further genetic analysis to ascertain if the cases are linked,' she said, adding that the results will take some time to be finalised.
The ministry was notified of the new TB case on Monday.
The spokesman said screening of close contacts for the latest case will start, and investigations are under way to determine if there are students or teachers who have been exposed.
She added that transmission of TB can occur in the community and cases may therefore not have clearly defined exposure history. 'Early detection and compliance to treatment are therefore essential to control the spread of TB in the community,' she said.
In the latest case, student Jarah Lachica, 16, was admitted to Changi General Hospital (CGH) last Friday. She is in an isolation ward and on medication. But she is in good spirits and took her first O-level paper at the hospital yesterday.
Her mother, Mrs Medonia Lachica, 43, said that Jarah appeared to be fine until Thursday night, when she started coughing while studying.
'She went to the toilet and coughed out quite a lot of blood. I was very worried and immediately rushed her to CGH,' said the Singapore permanent resident from the Philippines. Tests confirmed that the teenager had TB, which primarily affects a person's lungs.
Her 17-year-old brother, who also studies at the school, was tested for TB in April as he had been in contact with the first infected patient. His test results were negative.
Mrs Lachica, a part-time cashier, said she will take her two other children to be tested for TB.
Bedok Town Secondary principal Chia Chor Yann said the school will work closely with Tan Tock Seng Hospital's Tuberculosis Control Unit to identify and screen staff and students who have been in close contact with Jarah.
The school will continue to monitor students and teachers, and work closely with the relevant health authorities on preventive and intervention measures, he said.
He added that none of the students and teachers screened for the previous case in April tested positive for active TB infection.
The school reported its first case of TB involving a 17-year-old female student in April this year. A second student was later reported to be infected a few months later.
When the first case came to light, the TB Control Unit notified the school and began testing students and teachers who had been in close contact with her.
A total of 45 students, including classmates and 10 subject teachers were tested. A previous report said some students tested positive for the latent form of the disease but it is not known how many were affected.
TB is spread through tiny droplets released into the air when a person with an active form of the disease coughs or sneezes. Treatment involves taking antibiotics over a period of about six months.
Dr Cynthia Chee, a senior consultant at the unit, said those who have had prolonged, close exposure - in terms of the number of hours - may acquire a latent form of the disease.
She said a person with latent TB infection has the TB germ in the body but remains well and does not spread the germ to others. She added that only one in 10 people with latent infection will develop the active disease.
Medication is needed to prevent latent TB from becoming active.
Health Ministry figures show that between January and June this year, there were 795 new cases of TB. The year's final tally is expected to exceed last year's total of 1,478 cases.
MOH, in its September update on the TB situation in Singapore, had attributed the rise to factors such as increased global travel and an increased transmission in the community due to a delay in diagnosis and treatment.
Worldwide, TB infection rates have gone down, according to the World Health Organisation's 2011 Global Tuberculosis Control Report published earlier this month.
A total of 8.8 million people around the world fell ill with TB compared with 9.4 million people a year ago.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=4]Volume 17, Number 3—March 2011[/h][h=4]Dispatch[/h][h=1]Tuberculosis among Foreign-born Persons, Singapore, 2000–2009[/h]http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/17/3/10-1615_article.htm?mid=51041

After economic recovery and liberalization of the immigration policy in Singapore in 2005, there was an influx of migrant workers and immigrants from countries with high incidences of TB and a corresponding increase in TB notifications among this population. Of these persons with TB, >75% came from 5 of the 7 countries (India, China, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and the Philippines) with highest incidences of TB (12,13).
The large increase in the number of TB case - patients from Indonesia, the Philippines, and Myanmar reflects the influx of migrant workers from these countries. This finding is consistent with the predominance of cases reported in foreign-born persons 20–39 years of age...

The estimated TB rate in persons born in Singapore decreased from 49.7 cases/100,000 population to 41.8/100,000 during 2000–2007 but increased to 46.5/100,000 in 2008 and 45.2/100,000 in 2009. This increase followed the increase in cases among foreign-born persons in 2005. Transmission from foreign-born to native-born persons may have occurred, especially in increasingly crowded urban settings of Singapore.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nvm part-time cashier. I've witnessed unskilled Banglas getting, not just PR, but pink ICs. :rolleyes:

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nvm part-time cashier. I've witnessed unskilled Banglas getting, not just PR, but pink ICs. :rolleyes:

The PRC beer promoter that used to provide bbbj for $30 has oso gotten her pink ic......... when queried how did she manage to obtain it she said one of her customer was a senior ICA officer..... she just made sure she gave him tip top service everytime :p

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is 24 hr Pinoy convenience store called AJ Supermarket.. Many branches here in Spore..Some are even located in the HDB heartlands.... Their bloody store employ mostly their fellow Pinoys as cashiers and assistants..

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinoys aint stupid, but they are god damn fuckin annoying. I've worked with some of them and they all got a bad thing t say about sinkees. I forgive them when they say sinkees are ugly but the other stuff I cant let it slide. Some earn less than 1k and still got the galls to give sinkee advices. When I hear them tell any sinkee colleague of mine off, I always remind how shitty their cuntry is. How they treat their own street kids and how rampant prostitution is in their garbage invested country.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... MOH, in its September update on the TB situation in Singapore, had attributed the rise to factors such as increased global travel and an increased transmission in the community due to a delay in diagnosis and treatment. ...
cant even find root of prob correctly ... lidat how 2 solve even a simple prob? ... :rolleyes:

ze root of ze prob is ze uncontrolled influx of ft's! ... :rolleyes:

hauses no enuff! ... hospitals no enuff! ... invasion of diseases! ... :*: ... n dat loon burger stuff himself wif 8 mths bonus 4 all dese ... :oIo:

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only that, my pinoy tennis kaksi also say so.
Very discriminating too. Worse still, they steal
under yr nose while being nice to u in front.(cash out chq, forge signatory)
I dumped them all coz i had enuf of their nonsense.
Sing holy songs/hymns; come pay day try to
seduce u for more pay, give them lobang for
cleaning job, my goodness steal Rolex!!!!
The list could go on n on..............

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinoys aint stupid, but they are god damn fuckin annoying.

Anyone you see here annoying?

4537174081_93eab4f9eb_z.jpg

4537173343_d5b227f5c1_z.jpg

4537802324_874d9936d2_z.jpg

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Aiya.... what's the big deal about TB, they have long in Geylang been bringing in VD, HIV, Hepatitis, cunninglingtulitis......