• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bedok Reservoir - Oct 25 2011 , another body, suicide place.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Social problems is now floating to the surface, with so many suicides at this reservoir, becoming a place to die!
========================================

Oct 25, 2011

sinGAPORE - Another body has been found at Bedok Reservoir this morning, the fifth such incident in just five months.

Police have cordoned off a section of the reservoir bank, directly opposite to housing block 717.

An eyewitness Yeo Kin Kiat, 53, told AsiaOne that the body was pulled up by police officers at about 7.25am.

Sources said the body belonged to a elderly woman, and she was wearing a red top.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Social problems is now floating to the surface, with so many suicides at this reservoir, becoming a place to die!
========================================

Oct 25, 2011

sinGAPORE - Another body has been found at Bedok Reservoir this morning, the fifth such incident in just five months.

Police have cordoned off a section of the reservoir bank, directly opposite to housing block 717.

An eyewitness Yeo Kin Kiat, 53, told AsiaOne that the body was pulled up by police officers at about 7.25am.

Sources said the body belonged to a elderly woman, and she was wearing a red top.

looking like the Foxconn repeating here...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect something more sinister. Why 90% of the suicides at Bedok Reservoir? They should bring in all the priests/imams/pasters/monks quick.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Copy cat suicides. With so much cases recently, it naturally became the site of choice. Many years ago, used to be a 7th storey red brick building in Hock Hai (where the crocodile brand shop).

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Copy cat suicides. With so much cases recently, it naturally became the site of choice. Many years ago, used to be a 7th storey red brick building in Hock Hai (where the crocodile brand shop).

agreed, the media should stop sensationalizing these deaths. suicide is the ultimate cry for help/attention.

a suicidal person would think: if i died at bedok reservoir, i would surely get a tonne of media attention.

is it a surprise so many of the recent bedok reservoir suicides were all about revenge? (the red outfits - which signify revenge)

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng wonders if bedok reservoir has bcum a designated "yellow box" for jumpers just like smokers?:confused:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many countries dont allow Suicide locations to be known or no. of suicides in the country.. They dont do it because it might set off a trend..(Etc.. Some who is feeling down and is sucidal and reads about a sucide case.. He will tend to think that thats how people escape and there is people doing it..So they do it themselves.) Wedsites like Stomp.com.sg should have some control and not allow suicide posts to be published and MSM should also not publish suicide case.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
read that the victim is a 50+ auntie, i believe it's related to monetary problem. last month, i picked up one uncle from polyclinic going to the nearest mrt station. on reaching the fare was $3 and he got only $2. i said never mind, he told me he was going to commit sucide as he has been living like that for the past few years, his health not good and no one want to employ him. he is a single old man with no children to depend on. i only told him to LET GO, "kua pua", dun know how to console him.
in my heart, i thought what fucking sad state sinkieland getting into.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
read that the victim is a 50+ auntie, i believe it's related to monetary problem. last month, i picked up one uncle from polyclinic going to the nearest mrt station. on reaching the fare was $3 and he got only $2. i said never mind, he told me he was going to commit sucide as he has been living like that for the past few years, his health not good and no one want to employ him. he is a single old man with no children to depend on. i only told him to LET GO, "kua pua", dun know how to console him.

Why didn't you find him a job? Or give him $?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
friend,

He said he was actually going to chinatown to meet his friends, as i was still in a daze as in why'd a stranger tell me that he going to die. I'd have driven him there and given him some money. true story!

Why didn't you find him a job? Or give him $?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't talk cock lah. Right now I suggest you buy insurance and resist the temptation of dying for more than a year. After that at least you'd do your parents a service.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excuses. I told you already: every single human behaviour, action and thought is motivated by self-interest. :smile:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really!

same logic, tell me what'd you do if a stranger walk up to you and said he is going to die and ask you for money? won;t you be suspicious?

Excuses. I told you already: every single human behaviour, action and thought is motivated by self-interest. :smile: