• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I got a PRC citizenship for my baby daughter

Suana

I married a PRC wife and after months of consideration, we finally decided to give birth in China and get our baby girl a PRC citizenship.

Now my daughter can say "kiss my ass and say goodbye to PAP..........:biggrin:"

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I married a PRC wife and after months of consideration, we finally decided to give birth in China and get our baby girl a PRC citizenship.

y u want ur daughter 2 kiss ur ass 1st den say gdbye 2 pap? ... :confused:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a bad move in my opinion unless you intend to raise your family in PRC. That would be another bad move as well.

Your daughter is not liable for NS, and keeping a SG passport gives her more options. PRC has even lesser human rights than SG, and many 1st-world countries don't trust a PRC passport. So good luck.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a bad move in my opinion unless you intend to raise your family in PRC. That would be another bad move as well.

Your daughter is not liable for NS, and keeping a SG passport gives her more options. PRC has even lesser human rights than SG, and many 1st-world countries don't trust a PRC passport. So good luck.

I tend to agree with your view. Though China is booming and economy is expanding, there's still many issues there unresolved. Human rights is one of them, one-child policy, then there are not enough supply of basic needs with the large population and questionable quality of products, construction, corruption are still happening.

I know quite a few PRCs here in Sydney and they are still migrating out of China in large numbers to different parts of the world. (Most never return after experience the life in the west).

It would take at least another 15-20 years for China to well respected as there's simply too many blacksheep around.

Thus, getting a Spore passport is not all too bad. Getting to many parts of the world do not require a visa or getting a visa is fairly easy, and for instance, in NSW a Sporean driving license gives u a direct conversion to a Aussie NSW driving license but not for China and many South East countries.
Since there is no NS liability, I see there is more benefits then harm getting a Sporean passport, is a matter how you make use of it. Think twice!.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I married a PRC wife and after months of consideration, we finally decided to give birth in China and get our baby girl a PRC citizenship. Now my daughter can say "kiss my ass and say goodbye to PAP..........:biggrin:"

good for you... my kids all have prc citizenship... my wife a hongkong PR card holder... can't imagine my kids living under the pap... :biggrin::biggrin:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a classic case of jumping from a hot pot into the fire. The PAP is wretched, but it doesn't mean we should blindly flee to the next place we can go. The PRC commie govt is far more cruel, and their society is far more cruel than here. We're talking about govt goons who beat up, kidnap and kill protectors. Businessmen who put poison in their products. Filthy and rude barbarians wherever you turn. This is one step back for you and your future, my friend.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
angry_one is correct. He might be filled with rage but he is still thinking coherently. Pple blinded by their disgust with PAP are doing dumb things like getting PRC citizenship for their children.

come on lah, PRC has more than 1 billion citizens and growing. an extra baby means one more to feed. Singapore is facing negative population growth. every extra baby is treasured. govt even gives money for each baby.

take the Singapore citizenship for the girl and when the girl reaches 21, she can decide to go wherever she wants. I really pity the baby girl for being borned to an idiotic father like Suana. She has the good karma of being borned to a Singaporean father and unfortunately her bad karma is that her father is an idiot.

kitkat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your daughter is not liable for NS, and keeping a SG passport gives her more options. <!-- / message -->

Not really, it may be better for his daughter as she has more options.

Born in China, has 2 citizenship options
- has PRC citizenship
- has Singapore citizenship, need to renounce when 21 years old

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the PAP doesn't allow you to have 2 shitizenships? Unless this does not apply to children below 21?

In that case keep the Sinkee one, and get another from a more civilised cuntry. Millions of chinks want to get out of China, and the TS want to go in...... :(

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL... china has vast resources to survive on its own... the pap singapore has nothing except the so-called reserves which the peasants are not entitle to... one can go back to basics and survive in times of economic depression while in pap singapore... the common people can trampled upon for the elites to continue with their luxury way of life...

Suana

My daughter can get her Singapore passport anytime before 1 year old. If we apply her citizenship after 1 year old, we have to write in to explain.

Getting a PRC citizenship is more difficult because there is no immigration policy unless very special grant by the central government.

My daughter can still apply for Singapore PR through education or working in Singapore when she grow up (in fact she may chose to go elsewhere, not only Singapore). If we don't arrange her PRC citizenship now, she will not be eligible later on.

Many people think of having dual citizenship at the same time but it is NOT ALLOWED by either government. Furthermore if she revoke her citizenship at age 21, she will not be able to enter Singapore for whatever reasons for the rest of her life.

Singapore and China government just agree to exchange data base. I think ICA subsequently will be very busy interviewing those people having dual citizenship.

I also wonder 50 years from now when the sea level rises 1.5m due to global warming, where should Singaporeans stay? Should we squeeze together at Bukit Timah Hill, Torlong Bangka Hill or Redhill? I think my daughter will be fortunate to choose where to stay in mainland China.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah your daughter is a linguitic genius being able to say such things at such a young age.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suana may think long term where there's a possiblity that female would eventually need to serve NS later...Also, LKY has said that about 20 years from now China would catch up with the living standard and Lee's worry that SG would be kaput when the massive PRC leaves SG or stop coming as FT! I guess Suana has made a better option for his daughter...any way, SG citizenship or PR is easy to get later lah...

Suana

Suana may think long term where there's a possiblity that female would eventually need to serve NS later...Also, LKY has said that about 20 years from now China would catch up with the living standard and Lee's worry that SG would be kaput when the massive PRC leaves SG or stop coming as FT! I guess Suana has made a better option for his daughter...any way, SG citizenship or PR is easy to get later lah...

I agreed with depeche. For those sillyporean who have not been to China before or just been here for tour or not long staying enough, please do not make silly commends.

Just for my opinion, we must see what is happening down here and going to happen. Sillypore is just the size of Inner Ring (the smallest expressway ring in Shanghai), it really means nothing in China.

There are ang mos working in Pub as waitress in Shanghai or Beijing, ang mos drawing local salary in local school as English teacher just because they canot or don't want to stay in their Ang Mo's country. So fellow sillyporean (including me myself) please be open and accept the fact that the world is far bigger than what our government told us and WE ARE NOT NO. 1. We are just someone from a very small island located in S.E. Asia.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congratulations! now your daughter is just a number. You better take care of yourself. If you die young, your daughter will have a hard time fighting the BILLIONS of other daughters trying to get a job.

You have made her life more difficult. You are doing a reverse of what thousands of mainland Chinese are doing.

All the best.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agreed with depeche. For those sillyporean who have not been to China before or just been here for tour or not long staying enough, please do not make silly commends.

Just for my opinion, we must see what is happening down here and going to happen. Sillypore is just the size of Inner Ring (the smallest expressway ring in Shanghai), it really means nothing in China.

There are ang mos working in Pub as waitress in Shanghai or Beijing, ang mos drawing local salary in local school as English teacher just because they canot or don't want to stay in their Ang Mo's country. So fellow sillyporean (including me myself) please be open and accept the fact that the world is far bigger than what our government told us and WE ARE NOT NO. 1. We are just someone from a very small island located in S.E. Asia.

Brudder do not compare ang mos and yourself ok.

Ang mo have welfare and goberment pension in their native cuntry.

Sinkee and Chinkee got didly squat.

Ang mo rams his moped, breaks his skull and need brain surgery, his goberment foot the bill.

Sinkee and chinkee get simple ailments no one gonna help you. With the current food contamination and viruses in China, is their heath sector capable enough to diagnose and treat you and your family fast and safely?

If a mass virus outbreak happens, who gets priority to health care? Here again I emphasize that ang mo will get first class treatment in their own country for free. All they have to do is fly home. Where would you go?

Don't be fooled by the shiny new buildings in China my friend. China is not oil nation, therefore infrastructures will be badly maintain in the future as more and more buildings sprout up. All these are only facade.
For example where are they gonna find the money to maintain their Olympic venues? The birds nest stadium alone cost thousands a month to maintain.

Brudder it is a communist country, no one knows any details of anything even though if one stays there all his life. You want your child future to be a mystery?

Take care. Good luck.

QQQ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations! now your daughter is just a number. You better take care of yourself. If you die young, your daughter will have a hard time fighting the BILLIONS of other daughters trying to get a job.
You have made her life more difficult. You are doing a reverse of what thousands of mainland Chinese are doing.

this freaking monkey cannot read but can type