• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Yvonne Lim Can Win Top 10 Most Popular Actress Even Though She's Been Away From PAP S'pore For 3 Years!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1651140702496.png

TAIPEI - Singaporean actress Yvonne Lim has reacted to her win at the recent Star Awards - even though she has not acted in the last few years.

On Sunday (April 24), she won her ninth Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste prize at the Star Awards, which celebrates home-grown Chinese-language television.

The 45-year-old, who was not present at the ceremony, will clinch the All-Time Favourite Artiste award if she wins a 10th award.

However, there were some netizens who asked if it was fair as her last acting credits were Channel 8's While You Were Away and Toggle's A World Of Difference in 2019.

Lim has been living in Taiwan since her marriage in 2014 to Taiwanese businessman Alex Tien, 42, a member of the now defunct boy band B.A.D.

The couple have a seven-year-old son, Alex Junior (or A.J.), and five-year-old daughter, Alexa.

On Tuesday, Lim expressed her thanks for the award on social media.

She wrote: "As much as I miss my work and acting, my commitment to my family and as a mother to two young kids plus the pandemic has made it difficult for me to leave my family in Taipei and come back for projects."

She added: "So having a constant presence on my IG is the only way I can feel connected to everyone."

Asked if they would like to see their mother returning to Singapore for acting, Alex Junior and his sister both nodded, Lim said.

"Does this mean I already have my stamp of approval from my kids?" she asked on social media.

"When I received requests asking me to come back, I always felt bad for not being able to do so. I guess this time I may have to seriously consider doing so."

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/e...n-recent-years-yvonne-lim-wins-at-star-awards

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like Sinkies are a bunch of nostalgic losers. Yearning for something or someone who’s not even here. Maybe they will bring back the non-aircon buses back.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these por lan par try to get to jibs at mediscorpse n make it look like sought-after, knn, another old hag,must be trying very hard to get a job, all these useless CMI