• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young football player apologizes to Messi

Mitch

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chinese young football player apologizes to Messi

Ecns.cn, January 26, 2016

China's young football player Li Boxi has apologized for being inhospitable when he and other players were greeted by Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi on a sports reality TV show.

7427ea210acc18110f250c.jpg

Young Chinese footballers pose for group photo with Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.[Photo/Video screenshot]

In a video clip that went viral on the Internet, Messi walked into a locker room and shook hands with Chinese players. While he was wearing a big smile and appeared friendly, some Chinese players remained either impassive or fixed in their seats.

The tepid response to the superstar evoked criticism over the players' arrogance as well as jibes at China's history of poor performance on the football field.

In response to the online sensation, Li, a member of football club Beijing Guoan, wrote on his micro blog: "I want to apologize to Messi. It's impolite to shake hands while not standing up."

Li also said he was upset at that time because he was not satisfied with the reality show's arrangements and they didn't have a chance to play with the star.

"To be a football star, I have to be a better man. I will bear in mind this sentiment and try to improve my shortcomings," the young player added.