• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Xtian Married Golden Beetle Want More Children Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not when your hubby's familee is rich? See how many times she mentioned she's Xtian. Sounds like some evangelical talk here. :eek:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Family first always and you can't go wrong
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM a 23-year-old Chinese Singaporean housewife and mother to a 10-month old son. Being not very far off from my own childhood, I would like to address some issues on growing up in today's society, and marriage and children.
I was born into a Christian family. My mother, a single parent who herself started off as a very young mother, is a very pro-life and family person.
From a very young age, she would always tell me: "Career comes later. Start your family first."
Of course, this wasn't easy to swallow growing up in a society where results, career and money matters all come first. But looking at my mum and her example to me, I began to think for myself about what I wanted in life.
During my school years, when my friends asked me what I would like to be when I grew up, my answer was - to settle down and have a family.
Not that either of these prospects aren't daunting enough. Money aside, being married isn't an easy feat.
And what about parenting? Having kids is not an easy task. Handling a baby sounds like a nerve-racking and highly stressful task.
For myself, as a young girl going to church, I helped out at the weekly baby group. And I loved the experience of handling babies and being around them. So, from a very young age, my maternal instincts kicked in and I knew what I was in for should I plan to have my own kids.
At the age of 21, just a year after graduating with a diploma, I married my boyfriend who was then 27.
I was lucky that my husband came from a rather well-to-do family and we did not have to scrimp and save over a few years to make the big event happen. Rather, his parents loaned us a small sum of money and we managed to hold a decent wedding dinner at a decent hotel. But not all Singaporeans are as fortunate as we are.
Perhaps this is something the government could look into. If the government is encouraging young singles to get married, perhaps they could help with the finance part of this?
At the age of 22, I had my son Lucius, and during the pregnancy, I realised how right my mother was. I sailed through my pregnancy with ease.
I feel that if the government is encouraging more singles to get married, it should aim to educate them earlier - during their school days - about relationships, as that is when mindsets begin to form and stay.
During my own school days, I observed that a large part of boy-girl relationships start in school when kids are curious about the opposite sex and jump into relationships without knowing what they are committing themselves to.
When they don't know how to manage their emotions, they go from partner to partner, and by the time they leave school, they have already become disillusioned with the opposite sex.
These mindsets stay with many for life, and all of these factors contribute to young singles choosing not to settle down so soon.
Maybe now is really the time to steer away from academics and place greater emphasis on family and family life - from Motherhood courses for girls and Fatherhood courses for boys to Couplehood talks.
I would also like to suggest that in the same way that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has publicly applauded the Singaporeans who "upgraded" themselves and are successful in their careers and lives now, he could also applaud mothers who have been successful in their homes. This would include my own mother, a single parent of three and who is currently a Family Life Educator at Fei Yue Community Services. These are the women who serve as role models to the younger generation of women like myself, and who will influence and shape the behaviour and mindsets of the young tomorrow.
As for me, I am definitely not going to be stopping at one child or two. And in light of the current rising cost of living, I will be returning to the work force.
No doubt, I will be considered as a fresh graduate. However, work and study can be done at any time. Family will always come first.
Sylvia Low (Mrs) <!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2005/07/sne_part_108.html

"A 92-year-old man walked into a Tanjong Pagar doctor's clinic on Wednesday night to seek treatment for a common cold and fever. The visit cost him $64.
Citing this example, his son-in-law, a well-heeled doctorate holder, complained to the Health Minister last night that medical costs were getting "too unaffordable", especially for people well beyond the insurable age like his father-in-law.
The minister's response: "His insurance is that he has a good son-in-law".
Khaw Boon Wan adds: If you feel health care is important, then you must be prepared to spend a certain percentage of your income, say 10 percent, on it.. You can't say healthcare is important but please could the Government pay for it."
-Making sense of health-care dollars, Straits Times, 17 June 2005

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, husband married her at 27, and she has a kid almost immediately.

Statistically, she is more likely to get a divorce than people who marry later. Add the fact that her mother is also a single parent, the likelihood increases.

Lets see what song she sings next when she gets a divorce.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, husband married her at 27, and she has a kid almost immediately.

Statistically, she is more likely to get a divorce than people who marry later. Add the fact that her mother is also a single parent, the likelihood increases.

Lets see what song she sings next when she gets a divorce.

agreed..:biggrin:

married at 21..

mum at 22..

divorce at 25..

remarried at 27..

mum again at 28..