• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Winner of EPL 2010/2011

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prelude to the new english premier league season is here.
The community shield pits last seaosn's premier league and fa cup champions Chelsea against rivals and premier league runners up Man Utd.

Chelsea's recent poor form have caused many to see Chelsea no up. Plus of course there are a large number of Man U fans in Sg. As such, a lot of the SG herd is betting on Man U to beat Chelsea.

Overseas, the "shrewdies" are mainly betting that this match will be a draw.

jw5

Loyal
Chelsea's recent poor form have caused many to see Chelsea no up. Plus of course there are a large number of Man U fans in Sg. As such, a lot of the SG herd is betting on Man U to beat Chelsea.

Overseas, the "shrewdies" are mainly betting that this match will be a draw.
As at 8.45 pm, SG Pools odds are:
Chelsea 2.5
Man Utd 2.5
Draw 3.05

People are uncertain because Man Utd plan to use this match to improve their fitness and many players won't play at all or won't play the whole game. Chelsea have Cech injured and Drogba on the bench, not fully fit.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
As at 8.45 pm, SG Pools odds are:
Chelsea 2.5
Man Utd 2.5
Draw 3.05

This is yet another one of those games where Pools load the over round into a favourite team (Man U) to makan those betting on the team. Most overseas market quote Man U as the outsider by quite a large margin.

jw5

Loyal
From espnstar.com

Martin O'Neill quits Aston Villa
Martin O'Neill has resigned as Aston Villa manager just five days before the start of the new season, the club can confirm.

Villa released a statement on its offical website announcing the departure of O'Neill, adding that reserve team manager Kevin MacDonald has assumed the role of caretaker manager and will prepare the team for the opening Barclays Premier League game of the season against West Ham on Saturday at Villa Park.

Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa, said: "The club would like to thank Martin for the great work he has done at Aston Villa over the past four years. He has helped to establish the club in the upper echelons of the Premier League, has taken us to Wembley and we have also qualified for European competition for the past three seasons under his management.

"We wish him the best in the future."

O'Neill's shock departure comes as the club wrangles over James Milner's impending move to Manchester City. It is understood that the timing of O'Neill's resignation points to a possible renewed frustration over the club's continued willingness to sell its star players.

"I have enjoyed my time at Aston Villa immensely. It's obviously a wrench to be leaving such a magnificent club. I would like to pay tribute to the Villa players, my coaching staff and the Villa supporters for all the support and encouragement they have given both the club and me personally during my time as manager," O'Neill said in a statement.

"I wish them all the best for the future. I will obviously be assisting the club in the immediate short-term with regard to the handover of my duties."

O'Neill has led Villa to sixth place finishes in the Premiership over the last three seasons.

jw5

Loyal
The first weekend of the new EPL season has 2 potentially cracking matches:

Spurs v Man City

Spurs will want to prove that they are worthy of a champions league place instead of Man City. With players like Bale, Lennon, Modric, Dawson and Huddlestone developing further, they will feel confident of doing well in the new season.

Man City have boughts lots of new players with Milner and Balotelli (another potential talented troublemaker) about to join them. But they haven't bought any really great players and their defence, despite 2 new full backs and 2 very good keepers, doesn't look strong. Team unity and morale may play a key role in their ambitions this season. There's huge pressure on the manager and his big name and big money players.

The other match is
Liverpool v Arsenal on Sunday.

Liverpool should be much improved this season, now that Benitez and his micro managing and petty ways have gone, and Gerrard and Torres have decided to stay. Arsenal look good but they really need a good solid keeper, which they still haven't got.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spurs v Man City: Spurs enter the match as the favourites. The herd concurs and are buying Spurs to win.

Liverpool v Arsenal: Liverpool is the bookie identified favourite for the match. The herd don't really believe this and are buying Arsenal to upset Liverpool.

LauMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mani the Parrot, made the following predictions:
Spur vs M City - M City to win
Aston Villa vs West Ham – West Ham to win
Wolves vs Stoke - Wolves to win
Bolton vs Fulham - Draw
Blackburn vs Everton – Everton to win
Wigan vs Blackpool – Wigan to win
Sunderland vs Birmingham – Birmingham to win
Chelsea vs West Brom – West Brom to win
Liverpool vs Arsenal - Draw
MU vs Newcastle – Newcastle to win

D

Dodomeki

Mani the Parrot, made the following predictions:

Chelsea vs West Brom – West Brom to win
:eek:

MU vs Newcastle – Newcastle to win
:eek:

jw5

Loyal
Spur 0 - M City 0. So Mani has got it wrong for the first match.
So far only 2 out of 7.
Wolves beat Stoke and Bolton drew with Fulham.
Got AV vs WH and Wigan vs Blackpool horribly wrong. Well, most probably did for the latter.

jw5

Loyal
Man City looked a very ordinary team in their first game away to Spurs and only managed to come away with a goalless draw due to the heroics of keeper Joe Hart, who was surprisingly given the nod over veteran Shay Given.

Newcomers Blackpool caused a major shock when they defeated Wigan 4-0 away.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newcomers Blackpool caused a major shock when they defeated Wigan 4-0 away.

Why would it be a major shock when most bookmakers stopped taking bets on Blackpool winning this match? Only SingaporePools staff still sleeping and install Wigan as favourites to win. :rolleyes:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would it be a major shock when most bookmakers stopped taking bets on Blackpool winning this match? Only SingaporePools staff still sleeping and install Wigan as favourites to win. :rolleyes:

Please don't shout this so loud. Being able to makan Pools is one of life's great joys.