• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why some Chinese cannot attend red and white events ?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know ? The white events refer to funerals and wake. That one I can understand. There is 晦气 meaning negative energy which may "stick" to you when you leave the area.

But what is so bad about red events such as wedding and birthday ?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know ? The white events refer to funerals and wake. That one I can understand. There is 晦气 meaning negative energy which may "stick" to you when you leave the area.

Every thing need any pow. Better stay home.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Becos they are guniangs.
Red and white = pink
They attend pink event.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For the superstitious ones, even the 'positive' occasions can have a negative impact if clash with another event, or against their zodiac sign for a particular year. :biggrin:

Or they just want to avoid the assholes at the wedding or birthday party. Understandable. :wink: