• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who dat?: 1 in every 3 members of Gen Z does not know a band called The Beatles existed

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who dat?: 1 in every 3 members of Gen Z does not know a band called The Beatles existed

www.thestar.com.my
1717604.jpg

Artistes such as Aretha Franklin, U2 and The Beatles (pic) fall through the generational gap.

Photo: Filepic
Radio manufacturer Roberts Radio conducted a survey to see how music travels through generations and if some old popular songs can still be someone’s favourite.

The study covered 2,000 respondents in the UK, including members of Gen Z (born between the mid-1990s and early 2010s). They were asked how familiar they were with some stalwarts of music.

The results were:
Aretha Franklin: 36.64%
U2: 40.09%
The Supremes: 40.09%
Elvis Costello: 41.38%
Bee Gees: 41.81%
Phil Collins: 42.24%
Beach Boys: 42.24%
Blondie: 46.55%
Bon Jovi: 51.72%
Pink Floyd: 51.72%
Tina Turner: 53.45%
David Bowie: 53.88%
Prince: 56.03%
Paul McCartney: 57.76%
Madonna: 62.07%
Queen: 66.81%
Whitney Houston: 67.24%
Elvis Presley: 67.24%
The Beatles: 68.97%

Though many people appeared to have at least heard of the King of Rock ’n’ Roll Elvis, Whitney Houston, Queen and The Beatles, few had recognised Aretha Franklin, U2 or the Supremes.

Meanwhile, 57% of the respondents said they wanted old classics to be played on the radio, 36% preferred to search for older numbers themselves, while the rest said they found it difficult to relate to old songs.

The study also asked the Silent Generation (aged over 74) how familiar they were with modern artistes. The results were:
AJ Tracey: 0.93%
Olivia Rodrigo: 1.85%
Doja Cat: 1.85%
Post Malone: 2.78%
Cardi B: 3.78%
BTS: 4.63%
Aitch: 5.56%
Dave: 7.41%
Dua Lipa: 11.11%
Drake: 12.96%
Nicki Minaj: 13.89%
Billie Eilish: 25%
Destiny’s Child: 30.56%
Eminem: 32.41%
Bruno Mars: 32.41%
Harry Styles: 34.26%
Justin Bieber: 35.19%
Ariana Grande: 37.96%
Taylor Swift: 40.74%
Beyonce: 47.22%
Lady Gaga: 53.70%
Ed Sheeran: 61.11%

Though the names Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga and Beyonce are familiar to most members of the Silent Generation, very few know who AJ Tracey, Olivia Rodrigo or even Doja Cat are.

Meanwhile, only 18% said they found new music enjoyable.

The study also found that only 30% of people listen to chart-toppers on the radio, while the rest preferred to listen to their own choices. – The Nation/Asia News Network

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
More importantlee most of them whether is gen Z or silent gen will know or will be getting to know who is gansiokbin the fucking slut cum Internet whore :sneaky:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
More importantlee most of them whether is gen Z or silent gen will know or will be getting to know who is gansiokbin the fucking slut cum Internet whore :sneaky:
My uncle always talk with proof.
You can see for the silent gen the siao char bor lady gaga also on the top list just below Ed sheeran. This shows that people are interested in siao lang.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nobody remember Beatles also never mind..................Depeche Mode, U2, The Cure.....................more important............

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle always talk with proof.
You can see for the silent gen the siao char bor lady gaga also on the top list just below Ed sheeran. This shows that people are interested in siao lang.

@ginfreely now siao lang + fucking slut
Siao lang with sex involved.
That's why my uncle always say the whole world will be looking out for your fucking long and dark nipples :sneaky:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
They never heard of fleetwood mack too until it was played on some recent hit show and became a hit song.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have been utterly dumbed down by modern pop music. You might recognize some of the crap they listen to because those songs are mixed into TikTok videos.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally i also dont know whats the more popular bands currently. I am more of the 90s bands. 90s music brings out more genres. But the 80s gives us disco.