• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

VIDEO: Khaw said his words were "TWISTED"!!!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch Mr Khaw's explain himself in his own words here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=7169

(not shown on CNA)

Excerpts of Mr Khaw Boon Wan’s answer:

I think there is a misunderstanding and twisting of my words. The worst interpretation I have heard is “Khaw Boon Wan said send your parents to JB.” Do you believe Khaw Boon Wan make such a statement? Most of you know I am a Buddhist. Buddhism, like all religions, teaches filial piety…..How is it possible that Khaw Boon Wan will say ‘let’s send our parents overseas, abandon them.” So obviously people have reasons to twist it for their own personal interest, so don’t believe in what you have heard.

In Singapore, we have many nursing homes and for the low-income group, we heavily subsidize them so that they remain affordable and they don’t have to go anywhere else but I was just pointing out that nursing homes in JB cost so low because their lost of living is very low and the issue crops up because we are talking about hospitals in JB. I receive many requests for Medisave to be used for private hospitals overseas. There are some good hospitals in Johor and Malacca run by Singaporeans and the cost is low because it costs less to employ the staff there. So it is not that we are encouraging Singaporeans to go overseas for treatment, but if we allow Medisave, it opens up many options.

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch Mr Khaw's explain himself in his own words here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=7169

(not shown on CNA)

Excerpts of Mr Khaw Boon Wan’s answer:

I think there is a misunderstanding and twisting of my words. The worst interpretation I have heard is “Khaw Boon Wan said send your parents to JB.” Do you believe Khaw Boon Wan make such a statement? Most of you know I am a Buddhist. Buddhism, like all religions, teaches filial piety…..How is it possible that Khaw Boon Wan will say ‘let’s send our parents overseas, abandon them.” So obviously people have reasons to twist it for their own personal interest, so don’t believe in what you have heard.

In Singapore, we have many nursing homes and for the low-income group, we heavily subsidize them so that they remain affordable and they don’t have to go anywhere else but I was just pointing out that nursing homes in JB cost so low because their lost of living is very low and the issue crops up because we are talking about hospitals in JB. I receive many requests for Medisave to be used for private hospitals overseas. There are some good hospitals in Johor and Malacca run by Singaporeans and the cost is low because it costs less to employ the staff there. So it is not that we are encouraging Singaporeans to go overseas for treatment, but if we allow Medisave, it opens up many options.

buddhist so what? you mean those with religions never do any wrong or commit any crime?