• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

very many sinkie worshippers can communicate with Lee Kuan Yew

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

‘Eternal You’: A Horrifying Doc About AI Companies Recreating the Dead​

New documentary bowing at the 2024 Sundance Film Festival examines the tech companies using AI to create digital avatars of your dead loved ones

Lee Kuan Yew malays army.jpg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eternal You, a new documentary premiering at Sundance about the nauseating new world of digital afterlife technology, opens on a woman, Christi Angel, staring into a computer screen. She’s messaging with a dead loved one and tears are streaming down her face.

“This experience… It was creepy,” she says. “There were things that scared me. And a lot of stuff I didn’t want to hear [and] I wasn’t prepared to hear.”

We soon learn that Angel — quite the name, given this otherworldly endeavor — is a New Yorker who’s been using the program Project December, which allows users to speak with virtual approximations of their dead loved ones via an AI chatbot that simulates their ways of speaking and thinking, to convene with Cameroun, her first love. But when she asks Cameroun where he is, Cameroun responds that he’s “in hell” surrounded by addicts. Next, he’s “haunting a treatment center.”

“And then he said, ‘I’ll haunt you.’ And I just pushed the computer back because that scared me,” recalls Angel.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Jason Rohrer, the founder of Project December, is asked about this disturbing episode, he shrugs it off. He’s not responsibility for the technology he’s unleashed, he says, while admitting he doesn’t even fully grasp how it works.

“I am also interested in the spookier aspect of this,” he admits. “When I read a transcript like that and it gives me goosebumps, I like goosebumps.”

Filmmakers Hans Block and Moritz Riesewieck have crafted a sprawling portrait of the emerging business that is digital afterlife technology, interviewing everyone from tech founders and users to psychologists and AI ethicists to examine whether there are any potential benefits to it related to helping human beings process grief, and of course, the potential downsides.

With popular AI programs like ChatGPT creating “thanobots” made up of the digital communications of loved ones that allow you to talk to them after they’ve left this mortal coil, and Microsoft and Amazon filing patents for AI-fueled digital afterlife services, it’s important that we assess this technology before it’s too late.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Artificial intelligence will never be as powerful as human intelligence - the real intelligence.

Unfortunately, I think the PAP technocrats are too far gone to realize this.