• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegan diets don't work. Here's why

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That goes against what the ah neh vegetarian restaurants claim. :unsure:

AF1QipMD79a6abI8c7_NGFT1pTNaqCFgDc-hr24NNfdc=s0

AF1QipOUGr2MW3jnYwl2k2T0VbFWUAcbSKRSuBbtS8PM=s0

liamricci

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only combination of diet and exercises will give a result. The importance of meat for the human is always in doubt and we can leave for doctors and scientists. If i am doing a diet one day, i would definitely go with the fasting better https://betterme.world/articles/how-long-is-it-safe-to-fast/. You still can eat all your favorite products, but only in certain times of the day. Might just be a little tricky if you are invited for birthday or wedding.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
We know it doesn’t work.

Look at this joker! He’s the ex-President advocating for vegan food and he got heart attack!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/vegan-diet-heart-attack-reduce-health-risk-3538846

SINGAPORE: In 1980, I became a vegetarian for what I planned to be a year. My main reason for it was reading Diet For A Small Planet, a book by food expert Frances Moore Lappe about how meat production contributes to world hunger.

My one year of vegetarianism became 43 years. During that time, I went vegan and became an activist for plant-based diets and alternative protein, heading Vegetarian Society (Singapore) for more than 10 years.

Then, on Mar 18 this year, I had a heart attack, needing two stents and a lot of medication.

It wasn’t supposed to happen. Aren’t vegans “heart attack-proof”?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to be a vegan but 'cheat' once in a while without actually eating meat: eggs and bone marrow have all the nutrients you need.

D

Deleted member 178254

I disagree with the notion that vegan diets don't work. While they require careful planning to ensure all nutritional needs are met, many thrive on a vegan lifestyle. It's crucial to maintain a well-balanced diet, incorporating a variety of plant-based foods. If there are concerns about specific nutrients like B12, consider supplements. Speaking of which, you can find B12 supplements at this partner healthcare pharmacy. It's essential to focus on nutritional needs and explore reputable sources for supplements when necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if it doesn’t work there won’t be over 699m vegan ah nehs in india. and the ceca poopilation keeps increasing.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
It'a myth. Vegan diets are no healthier than meat-based diets.

A healthy diet is based on appropriate caloric intake (vs output), balanced proportions of carbs-proteins-fats, adequate vitamins, trace elements and minerals. To the degree that it may be harder to achieve the above, a vegan diet may actually be less healthy.

There are valid reasons for going vegan: religious/spiritual, moral (you hate killing animals), taste preference ( you don't like the taste of meat), adverse reactions to animal-based products. But don't do it for health.