• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Valencia will fail again when coaches are appointed on cronyism

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Experience as manager none... like big mouth Paul Scholes

Gary Neville takes charge of Valencia

2335702_heroa.jpg

Dec 2, 2015 12:02:00

The former Manchester United and England full-back will take his first steps in management with the La Liga club following the shock announcement on Wednesday

Gary Neville has been named the shock new manager of Valencia until the end of the season, the La Liga club have confirmed.

The former Manchester United and England full-back's first game in charge will be the Champions League clash with Lyon on December 9, as he takes his first steps in football management.

In a statement on the club's official website, Neville said: "I am absolutely thrilled to be given this opportunity with Valencia.

"Valencia are a huge football club of immense standing and I know from my time as a player the passion and dedication of the Valencia fans.

“I am really looking forward to working with the club’s talented group of players and am excited about the challenge ahead.

Valencia president Layhoon Chan added: “We are delighted to have secured Gary so quickly. He combines top level coaching experience through his role as a senior coach with the England national team and a world-class playing career with England and Manchester United.

“Throughout his career Gary has always shown great leadership both on and off the pitch. He is hugely respected in English football and it was his personal qualities which persuaded us that he was the right choice to lead Valencia until the end of the season."

Neville replaces Nuno Espirito Santo, who was sacked following the club's 1-0 defeat to Sevilla on Sunday.

He has combined work as a television pundit with a coaching role for England under Roy Hogson since May 2012, but will remain a part of the Three Lions' backroom staff.

The former Manchester United and England defender's brother, Phillip, who has been Valencia's assistant manager since June, will take charge of the Copa del Rey clash with Barkaldo on Wednesday and their league meeting with Barcelona.

The two brothers have links with the Spanish club through los Che's owner Peter Lim, who also has a 50 per cent stake in non-league side Salford City, who were bought by the Nevilles and their former United team-mates Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes in March 2014.

Last edited:

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Valencia: Voro assisted by Phil Neville at La Liga side

_86955648_pn.jpg

30 November 2015 Last updated at 18:03 GMT

Former Manchester United and England defender Phil Neville has helped take Valencia training following the resignation of Nuno Espirito Santo.

Nuno stepped down on Sunday, after just over one season in charge.

Neville joined Valencia as assistant manager in July, having previously been first-team coach at Manchester United.

The former Everton captain, 38, will support interim coach Voro until a new manager is appointed, the Spanish club said on Monday.

They both took training before Valencia's Copa del Rey last-32 tie at Barakaldo on Wednesday.

Valencia's next La Liga match is at home to champions Barcelona on Saturday.

Nuno, 41, announced his departure after Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Sevilla, which left Valencia ninth in La Liga.

They are third in Group H of the Champions League, still with a chance of progressing to the knockout stage. However, the Portuguese said expectations had not been met.

"We are all in agreement that the current situation is not good, and that we must all do what is best for the club," he said. "This has always been my intention."

Valencia finished fourth in La Liga last season but have struggled this term, winning five out of 13 games.

The club's Singaporean owner, Peter Lim, has a stake in Salford City, the non-league club co-owned by Neville with his former Manchester United team-mates Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the Neville bothers don't look smart to me..............i expect Valencia to finish mid-table at best............