• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UNI GRAD REGRETS STUDYING SO HARD FOR DEGREE – EMPLOYERS DON’T CARE ABOUT GPA”

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I regret was studying too much during my Uni days.

As a working adult in a managerial position, it really irks me that I’m usually the ONLY person in the interview panel who actually cares about what the applicant’s GPA is. I’m talking about entry-level hires by the way, not mid-career hires. Obviously nobody cares what your GPA is once you are applying for mid career positions but I would have thought GPA would be a significant factor in entry level roles.

I’ve noticed that the rest of the interviewers usually don’t pay much attention to the candidate’s GPA. For me, I always found that good grades reflect important qualities such as discipline, diligence, responsibility, capability and to an extent, intelligence. All important qualities needed to succeed in the work place.

But I feel like I’m in the minority as everyone else usually just takes a passing glance at the candidate’s GPA, and generally pay more attention to internship experience, attitude and vibe.

Call me old fashioned but internship experience is normally negligible (how much can you possibly learn in a few months) and attitude and vibe are very superficial qualities that anyone can easily fake during an interview. But you can’t fake a good GPA.

So unless you are gunning for a high level position like IB where GPA is a requirement, the rest of you just pass and get degree can already.

I see so many of you here stressing over your GPA but trust me, it’s like NS like that.

When you are in NS, doing well and getting into command school can feel like the most important thing in the world. It’s only when you ORD that you realise nobody gives a shit about what you did during NS.

Same for GPA. It will feel like the most important thing in Uni but in the working world for MOST jobs, it really doesn’t matter as long as you pass and graduate.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder employers prefer CECA and AMDK. Brainwashed by PAP style of education to blindly worship paper qualification.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, I always found that good grades reflect important qualities such as discipline, diligence, responsibility, capability and to an extent, intelligence. All important qualities needed to succeed in the work place.
Lol… this kind of useless turd thinking is what is so fucked up about govt sector

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
high gpa in bachelor’s degree helps in getting admitted to a master’s program in a good university and summer internships in startups and well established companies. superficial in job applications. if a recruiter sees a gpa of less than 3, straight into trashbin even if the bs degree is in engineering.