• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Translation of Lee HL's speech: What he really meant

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Parts in Blue are the translation from what he was trying to say, but due to his cambridge background, he could not speak in plain enough langauge for peasants to understand him.

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said the newly-elected PAP government has its work cut out for it after winning the people's mandate for five more years.

What he really meant - Mandate simi lancehow? WIn by 10% more only is barely a majority. Damn lucky I am not in jail now while my finances are being investigated by the new CPIB.

Speaking at the 30th anniversary conference of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC), Mr Lee said given the external environment, Singapore's overriding priority is to improve the lives of its citizens.

What he really meant - Why the fuck am I arrowed to speak at the GIC even. I should be speaking at the wifey's one at Temasek. where is my lazy ass father, he is the chairman of GIC, and he should be speaking here. I got better things to do"

To achieve this, it will firstly grow the economy by staying plugged into the world.

What he really meant - "As opposed to be unplugged from the world and going back into the stone age?"

Next, it will attract investments and talents into Singapore and also encourage Singapore enterprises to diversify, expand and move abroad.

What he really meant - we will attract 900K more new talents into the country so that companies will continue to invest here due to cheap labour. Even though we are an export oriented economy for the last 40 years, we are still trying to ask enterprises to diversify, expand, and move abroad where they can hire even more foreigners than they can in singapore.

The government will also transform and upgrade the economy because it cannot grow simply by increasing the workforce indefinitely.

What he really meant - we cannot increase the workforce indefinitely even though we badly want to, simply because there isn't enough land in this shit hole to put them. We have been trying to tranform the economy for decades now, but still can't get it right.

In this regard, it is also the Government's objective to raise income across the board and this includes the middle income households and those at the lower end.

What he really meant - I don't know how the fuck we are going to do that when we are depressing the wages of the peasants by letting in cheap labour by the millions.

Mr Lee said: "We are interested in per capita GDP and not just total GDP and we want to improve incomes across the board and that includes the middle income households and the lower income households at the lower end."

What he really meant - I just say this to smoke the peasants only lah, even i don't know what it means. Other countries measure this by purchasing power and standard of living, but we lan lan just use per capita GDP ok already lah.

Mr Lee added that this is a challenge for many countries in this era of globalisation and rapid technological change.

To achieve this, Mr Lee said the workforce must upgrade its productivity and this will be a challenging task for the next 10 years.

What he really meant - these poor suckers can upgrade all they want, but they will not be able to find any jobs that can pay enough to support them. Many countries who have this challenge do not let in millions of 3rd world cheap labour to deleberately depress their wages.

"We have to upgrade productivity than just go for expansion and that means very challenging tasks in the next ten years. (We have) to retrain workers now in the workforce so that they can be more productive and do better jobs. (We have) to educate future workers for the new economy so that when they come out of the education system, they are job ready and deployable."

What he really meant - Dispite the fact we have one of the highest educated work forces in the world, we must still upgrade mah. After upgrading, I will give your jobs to my FT pets

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro don't rub it in, my heart sinking the moment i saw this. I've done my part from Aljunied, i didn't do it because i already have the fucking lifts, i did it because i saw something wrong and i want to do my part for this country. An frail old man loved Singapore and like him, i tried to but i see nothing left to salvage.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
bro don't rub it in, my heart sinking the moment i saw this. I've done my part from Aljunied, i didn't do it because i already have the fucking lifts, i did it because i saw something wrong and i want to do my part for this country. An frail old man loved Singapore and like him, i tried to but i see nothing left to salvage.

Gay Loong is the anti-christ of all singaporeans.