• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Trans-age' Japanese man born in 1984 identifies as 28-yr-old

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
'Trans-age' Japanese man born in 1984 identifies as 28-yr-old
news.yahoo.com
30dd3e3221186155d015d6ae72e0ce31
[Source]

A 39-year-old Japanese man is making headlines for identifying as a "trans-age" individual and claiming to be 28 years old.

Embracing a new age:
The man from Kyoto, known only as Jackie, went viral in May after explaining his adopted trans-age identity on the reality show Abema Prime.
Jackie, who was born on Jan. 5, 1984, revealed that his trans-age identity journey was triggered by a distressing incident at work around seven years ago. Feeling the weight of societal expectations and judgment, he eventually decided to embrace an age that resonated with his personality.
"I felt a strong desire to stay young and relevant, and I found that being 28 was the age where I felt the most comfortable," he said. "It's an age where I can balance maturity with youthfulness."

He also shared that while he maintains his actual age on official documents and resumes, he navigates other facets of his daily life as a 28-year-old man.

Beyond chronological age: Jackie believes that Japanese society tends to place a premium on accumulated experience. He views actual age as a mere record of years passed since birth, arguing that it doesn't define one's abilities or achievements.

A psychological perspective: Psychologist and Kanagawa University professor Dr. Takashi Sugiyama explained to Abema Prime that individuals like Jackie, who perceive a significant emotional and mental age gap from their chronological age, are not uncommon in today's information-rich society. Age, he suggests, is increasingly challenging to process as society evolves.

Sugiyama further noted that Jackie's experience highlights the often-subconscious gap between one's perceived and chronological age. Trans-age individuals, like him, might use this gap to shape their self-image, often reinforcing their self-perception.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
now i know how pre-boomer grandpa mister @glockman is 85, and he pretends to be 28.
That Jap guy and I know there is a huge difference between biological age and psychological age. What you think, so shall you be. Hence, we're always in our twenties. Although I do need my little blue friends to help me perform like I was in my twenties!:biggrin: