• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toyota is top selling auto brand in Canada

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toyota Camry is Canada's top selling car, I suspect it is also the case in US. However in Singapore, the best selling car is likely to be a BMW. Here, the Camry is seen to be a poor-man's car - no prestige!!! Whatever the reason(s), Singapore gives the impression that the residents here are well-to-do, possessing name-brand products. Myself, a salaried working class bloke doesn't think of ever owning a BMW, or Benz - that's for the well-heeled! I am hoping to get a Toyota Prius for my next car, and hoping Toyota might throw in a hybrid engine into their Corolla model - that would make it really attractive. Walking around my current residential estate's grounds, I can only spot one or two Camrys/Acccord, many vehicles in the parking lot are BMWs and Audis. Even the motorcycles here are high-end - BMWs, Harley-Davidson's, and even a couple of Ducatis! The low-priced Honda Cubs are owned by the security guards who ride in to work from Johor! The government's policy of "discouraging" car ownership cannot succeed - every schoolboy (and girls too) dream of owning a car after they graduate and start working. To put a heavy price on car ownership won't stop people from wanting to own one, it just makes it more expensive. What is the solution? There is none. Good luck to the policy makers, it is just an unenviable and unachievable task.

Cheers!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/toyota-...elling-midsize-ahead-of-ford-fusion-1.2517429

Toyota Camry regains spot as Canada's top-selling midsize ahead of Ford Fusion

Published Friday, August 14, 2015 4:35PM EDT

It’s been a two-horse race for midsize car supremacy in Canada for the last decade.
The Toyota Camry landed the first blows, finishing 2006, 2007 and 2008 as Canada’s best-selling midsize car. The Ford Fusion followed that up with its own three-year streak as the top dog in the midsize segment from 2009-11. Camry then regained control in 2012 only for the Fusion to once again finish as top-selling midsize car in each of the last two years.
RELATED: Canada's best automotive sales rivalries in 2015
It hasn’t been all sunshine and roses for the second-generation Fusion of late though. Much like Canada’s overall midsize category, Fusion sales actually declined in 2014 despite finishing as the category'e best-seller. The Fusion held on to its best-selling status despite an 11 per cent drop in volume last year as most its chief rivals – including the Camry – posted even more dramatic declines. In fact, the midsize segment slid 11 per cent as a whole in 2014 even as Canada’s auto industry soared to record high levels.
The Present
So far in 2015, Fusion sales have continued to slide. Through the first seven months of the year, Fusion volume is down 15 per cent, a 1,687 unit decrease for Ford dealers across the country. The category as a whole is down 3 per cent with sharp declines being reported by the Honda Accord (down 20 per cent), Nissan Altima (down 21 per cent), Volkswagen Passat (down 24 per cent), Kia Optima (down 38 per cent), and Mazda 6 (down 14 per cent).
Sales of the Camry, on the other hand, are rising rapidly. Through seven months, the refreshed-for-2015 Camry is up 13 per cent to 10,745 units. With five months remaining on the calendar, the Camry already leads the second-ranked Fusion by more than 1,000 sales.
Toyota’s share of the core intermediate segment grew to 16 per cent through the end of July, a gain of two percentage points. In fact, the Camry’s market share through the first seven months of 2015 is two percentage points higher than it was the last time it led the midsize category, in 2012 and Toyota is on track to sell more Camrys in 2015 than at any point since 2008.
The Bigger Picture
While Camry is certainly a feel good story for Toyota, the news is even better for the Japanese automaker when one takes into consideration the far more popular Corolla. Ranked second among cars overall so far this year, the Corolla is actually the only one of Canada’s seven best-selling cars to have recorded a year-over-year Canadian sales improvement so far in 2015. While the Corolla’s 1 per cent volume gain is modest, it does make the compact Toyota Canada's prime Honda Civic challenger as other key Civic alternatives like the Hyundai Elantra, Mazda 3, and Chevrolet Cruze are fading rapidly.
Toyota actually sells about three Corollas for every Camry in Canada. While Americans continue to buy more Camry-class cars than Corolla-class cars, the midsize category is a relatively minor part of the overall Canadian auto market due to the strength of small cars and the continuous rise of small SUVs and crossovers. (Toyota Canada also sells more than two RAV4s for every Camry.) Only 15 per cent of passenger cars sold in Canada are midsize products, and that segment's share of the overall new vehicle market has fallen by nearly one-half of a percentage point through the first seven months of 2015 compared with the same period last year.
What this all means is that while the Camry is clearly back to its winning ways and it’s slice of the midsize pie is growing, the actual pie is shrinking.
Not Over Yet
As for the Fusion, don’t count out the Blue Oval just yet. In the month of July alone, the Fusion was actually Canada’s best-selling midsize car thanks to a 25 per cent year-over-year increase from July 2014 to 2,013 units. The Camry meanwhile ranked third for the month, some 684 sales back of the Ford.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans are very wealthy thanks to the PAP. That's why I am fully confident that the party will be returned to power with an even bigger majority in the coming election.

PAP is the best. LHL is the top dog!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Driving is for the aristocracy only in singapore,unless u are a taxi driver,

Surely u dont expect the aristocracy to drive a camry.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Todate, he is the undisputed leader in Peesai. No one has ever challenged him for that position.

His potential challengers have no brains, no balls or have brains, no balls. Whichever, LHL sits comfortably at the helm.

Cheers!

.................. LHL is the top dog!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Toyota Camry is Canada's top selling car, I suspect it is also the case in US. However in Singapore, the best selling car is likely to be a BMW. Here, the Camry is seen to be a poor-man's car - no prestige!!! Whatever the reason(s), Singapore gives the impression that the residents here are well-to-do, possessing name-brand products. Myself, a salaried working class bloke doesn't think of ever owning a BMW, or Benz - that's for the well-heeled! I am hoping to get a Toyota Prius for my next car, and hoping Toyota might throw in a hybrid engine into their Corolla model - that would make it really attractive. Walking around my current residential estate's grounds, I can only spot one or two Camrys/Acccord, many vehicles in the parking lot are BMWs and Audis. Even the motorcycles here are high-end - BMWs, Harley-Davidson's, and even a couple of Ducatis! The low-priced Honda Cubs are owned by the security guards who ride in to work from Johor! The government's policy of "discouraging" car ownership cannot succeed - every schoolboy (and girls too) dream of owning a car after they graduate and start working. To put a heavy price on car ownership won't stop people from wanting to own one, it just makes it more expensive. What is the solution? There is none. Good luck to the policy makers, it is just an unenviable and unachievable task.

Did I miss something, this guy is from Canada or Johor?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy this! Prestige and Environmentally friendly!!

_dsc6149.jpg