• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To All The HG Voters

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is inexcusable. By your previous arguments, Singapore is perfectly flawless and best in the world. Technical issue has no place in this TOP OF THE WORLD cuntry. An error is an error, vulnerablity is just an excuse unless you admit Singapore is not perfect and our leader is not perfect. Say it.

simply ask the question: if SG is flawless, he wouldn't be spending 25% of his time here only right? Rather he shld be spending 75% if not 100% of his time here.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
simply ask the question: if SG is flawless, he wouldn't be spending 25% of his time here only right? Rather he shld be spending 75% if not 100% of his time here.

Singapore is far from flawless. It's too crowded. It's too hot. It's too small and it doesn't have good mountain bike trails. However, none of these flaws is caused by the PAP. If the WP or NSP were to take over tomorrow, the weather wouldn't change, the Island wouldn't grow and the crowds would still be there.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is far from flawless. It's too crowded. It's too hot. It's too small and it doesn't have good mountain bike trails. However, none of these flaws is caused by the PAP. If the WP or NSP were to take over tomorrow, the weather wouldn't change, the Island wouldn't grow and the crowds would still be there.

Come on, who's talking about god-given attributes such as weather and geographical size. If that's not clutching at straws to defend your totally flawed arguments, I don't know what is.

In any case, it's also absolutely rubbish that S'pore being too crowded is not the fault of the PAP. It's entirely the PAP's doing in indiscriminately letting the flood of foreigners without upsizing the infrastructure that leads to the claustophobic effect. That's something which the PAP itself has already admitted and trying to address now, and u as a PAP balls carrier don't even know that and post sheer nonsense here out of blind loyalty

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Come on, who's talking about god-given attributes such as weather and geographical size. If that's not clutching at straws to defend your totally flawed arguments, I don't know what is.

In any case, it's also absolutely rubbish that S'pore being too crowded is not the fault of the PAP. It's entirely the PAP's doing in indiscriminately letting the flood of foreigners without upsizing the infrastructure that leads to the claustophobic effect. That's something which the PAP itself has already admitted and trying to address now, and u as a PAP balls carrier don't even know that and post sheer nonsense here out of blind loyalty

I'm merely giving the reasons why I don't spend more time in Singapore. I enjoy the wilderness and Singapore doesn't have any.

As for Singapore being too crowded it's been that way since the population was went beyond 2 million. The PAP has made things worse but I guess they have no choice since you have already pointed out that there are many useless Singaporeans who are unwilling to take on menial jobs but simply sit on their useless backsides and expect the government to provide for them instead.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

Understatement of the year. Even if we can change the climate (and by the way it has been done, just go to Marina Bay Gardens), it will be full of flaws.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread is intended for the voters in HG and it got drifted somehow.

Now back to the HG voters again,

Please remember, this BE is not about who is better, Desmond or Png neither is it about WP or PAP.
It is about you, the people of HG.
For the last 20 years or so, the people of HG have made Singaporeans proud..being the staunchest believers of what is right and what is not.
You did not budge when enticed by PAP with goodies and you were fearless when threatened with last in the Q for upgrading
It is the character and steadfastness in you that enabled HG to be what it is...a heroic accomplishment that will be legendary in the history of Singapore
Do you want to return your magnificent and historical achievement back to the hands of the manipulators because of one YSL?

Remember, this election is about preserving the the history of HG, vote wisely, once HG is broken, it is considered sold.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm merely giving the reasons why I don't spend more time in Singapore. I enjoy the wilderness and Singapore doesn't have any.

As for Singapore being too crowded it's been that way since the population was went beyond 2 million. The PAP has made things worse but I guess they have no choice since you have already pointed out that there are many useless Singaporeans who are unwilling to take on menial jobs but simply sit on their useless backsides and expect the government to provide for them instead.

Absolute rubbish! The over-crowding is only a recent phenomenon. It was never like this even when the population hit 3 million, not to mention 2 million. It's the opening of the floodgates to foreigners to fulfill LKY's hidden political agenda that causes it directly, coupled with PAP's lack of vision to upgrade the infrastructure to keep pace with the massive inflow of foreigners.

In any case, PAP had made another blunder. It passed a law for domestic maid to be entitled to one day off per week. With the MRT already over-stretched with hardly any standing place even on the platforms on Sunday now, imagine what it would be once this law comes into effect.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
While I think WP can't avoid talking about YSL at this BE, I'm sure HG residents as a whole will exercise rationality and common sense when they're in the ballot box. The candidate who can best represent their interests in parliament and improve quality of life (locally in HG of course) should get the votes, regardless of his party affiliations.

GMS has been harping on YSL incident. But we just need to ask this simple question: How has the YSL incident impact the daily lives of HG residents? (Other than his run road, no MP and having to go through a BE). Compare this with issues such as almost daily MRT train stoppages and the impact on residents. It's a no brainer.

Hopefully, good sense prevails. GMS will continue to stir shit and raise academic issues such as morality and integrity. Unless GMS dare to step forward and swear that he's saintly and pure and sinless, he has no right to denounce anyone for lacking in these values.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are being unrealistic again.
Of course Yaw-gate is closest to the hearts of Hougang voters because he was their MP once! Well, a failed and irresponsible MP though.

It is easier for people who are not Hougang voters to talk about Yaw-gate doesn't matter but according to the ground feedback, the undercurrent of backlash is mounting. If you don't believe, just ask any WP members who walk with LTK and Png in Hougang.

You are mismatching your grouses with Hougang. Hougang is the one who is going to be stuck with the MP they are going to vote, not you. Although Hougang voters may face the same daily problems of crowding and MRT break downs, they have additional considerations to make when they go to the poll on 26 May 2012.

Once bitten, twice shy. Hougang voters will be more discerning in their choice of candidates for this time round, all thanks to YSL.

Goh Meng Seng

While I think WP can't avoid talking about YSL at this BE, I'm sure HG residents as a whole will exercise rationality and common sense when they're in the ballot box. The candidate who can best represent their interests in parliament and improve quality of life (locally in HG of course) should get the votes, regardless of his party affiliations.

GMS has been harping on YSL incident. But we just need to ask this simple question: How has the YSL incident impact the daily lives of HG residents? (Other than his run road, no MP and having to go through a BE). Compare this with issues such as almost daily MRT train stoppages and the impact on residents. It's a no brainer.

Hopefully, good sense prevails. GMS will continue to stir shit and raise academic issues such as morality and integrity. Unless GMS dare to step forward and swear that he's saintly and pure and sinless, he has no right to denounce anyone for lacking in these values.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are being unrealistic again.
Of course Yaw-gate is closest to the hearts of Hougang voters because he was their MP once! Well, a failed and irresponsible MP though.

It is easier for people who are not Hougang voters to talk about Yaw-gate doesn't matter but according to the ground feedback, the undercurrent of backlash is mounting. If you don't believe, just ask any WP members who walk with LTK and Png in Hougang.

You are mismatching your grouses with Hougang. Hougang is the one who is going to be stuck with the MP they are going to vote, not you. Although Hougang voters may face the same daily problems of crowding and MRT break downs, they have additional considerations to make when they go to the poll on 26 May 2012.

Once bitten, twice shy. Hougang voters will be more discerning in their choice of candidates for this time round, all thanks to YSL.

Goh Meng Seng

Did I say YSL incident doesn't matter? Nope. I'm simply asking this question: Does the YSL incident make your life harder as a HG resident? The answer is clear. This is not the same as whether people are upset with what YSL has done. If I'm a HG resident, I'll be angry with him for running away. WP will have to manage this, no doubt. WP may even lose votes because of this.

Fortunately, HG residents are not like you. Who are so blinded that you can't even differentiate the various issues. Let the BE result speaks for itself. We'll see.

And I'll be watching you, and your actions and words.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

YOu deliberately left out one important change that will take place as a result of change of govt , the people are definitely in joyest of mood and Singapore spirit will be record high. There can never be a better celebrative day than having PAP kicked out for good and I hope the next taxi I hopped into, Lim Swee Say is the taxi driver whinning about unfair treatment.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
For WP members and hardcore supporters, losing Hougang would be like "end of the world" misery but I would think otherwise.

It would be a good thing for WP to lose Hougang or even just winning with a close shave margin. It will be beneficial to the whole opposition movement ]. No stock market could have uninterrupted bull run forever; along the way, they will have to have corrections in order to make the bull run longer, else you will end up with premature crash.

Most human beings are unstable creatures with emotional fluctuations. YSL fell right from the top because he got his head swelling after winning Hougang, always thinking he is better than LTK when he won the highest votes ever, more than LTK's past records. This head swell syndrome wasn't put to check as every WP members around him only add to the head swell by singing songs and praises about him, until he flew to cloud nine.

Imagine, just right before his scandal broke off, I was hearing about people talking YSL going to take over LTK... LOLx! That's the ultimate sign of death for any political disciple.

Similarly, if you want WP to move on stronger as well as opposition movement developing faster, WP will have to fall once, hard enough for it to learn the hard lesson on political reality.

Goh Meng Seng

So let's be realistic and down to earth
Would you be happier if WP lose or win?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For WP members and hardcore supporters, losing Hougang would be like "end of the world" misery but I would think otherwise.

Goh Meng Seng

That is an exaggerations, WP are not afraid to lose but losing an opposition voice in parliament be it just an NCMP or a single MP seat in parliament is a huge set-back for any activists group in Singapore. Nobody say it will be "end of the world". Do you know what I admire about LTK? He once spoke to the media in mandarin or someone in teochew about his take on the last election that "he is not afraid who will win or lose, as long as HOugang residents are happy, that makes him happy". I have never seen any political leader being so open minded as him and whatever internal riffs is beside the point. As usual, he confidently told reporters there is no harm for Hougang people to receive free porridge or free aids from PAP as long as it proved beneficial to the people, so what is there to worry about losing votes as a result, he said something to that effect. Unlike PAP, LTK believe in putting where his heart his - to serve, be kind to people - and not just about winning election as the ultimate purpose.

Nope, it is not the end of the world. There is no need to sensationlise about who we wish to support. We don't want to lose something that even SDP, NSP or even RP find it hard to get and wanted it so badly.

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

It would be a good thing for WP to lose Hougang or even just winning with a close shave margin. It will be beneficial to the whole opposition movement ]. No stock market could have uninterrupted bull run forever; along the way, they will have to have corrections in order to make the bull run longer, else you will end up with premature crash.

Most human beings are unstable creatures with emotional fluctuations. YSL fell right from the top because he got his head swelling after winning Hougang, always thinking he is better than LTK when he won the highest votes ever, more than LTK's past records. This head swell syndrome wasn't put to check as every WP members around him only add to the head swell by singing songs and praises about him, until he flew to cloud nine.

Imagine, just right before his scandal broke off, I was hearing about people talking YSL going to take over LTK... LOLx! That's the ultimate sign of death for any political disciple.

Similarly, if you want WP to move on stronger as well as opposition movement developing faster, WP will have to fall once, hard enough for it to learn the hard lesson on political reality.

Goh Meng Seng

I agree with you that even if WP lose HG, it's not the end of the world. The best lessons in life are experiential and WP will learn from the YSL incident and the coming BE, no doubt about that.

Humans are clearly flawed. That's why they're humans. LTK can't be perfect and he has never given anyone the impression that he thinks he's perfect. At least I've never felt that way. Maybe because he's careful about how he presents himself in public. Unlike you, you and your big mouth are dragging you through m&d that you'll never be able to cleanse. You simply talk too much. And when you do that, you contradict yourself over and over again. And when confronted, instead of explaining, you accuse people for not able to understand what you said, missing the context, etc. Really?

I shall be a broken record like you for once and ask you this one more time.

Position 1: Many weeks ago, you were happily speculating on 3-corner fights in HG, You dragged NSP and NS into the picture, forcing your former party and NS to come out and clarify their positions. NS even had to say she won't contest, and you blasted her. Your frequent postings in this forum and your own blogs, plus interviews to MSM are indicative of mischief (I would stop short of saying malice). Mischief in the sense that you seem to be instigating a 3-corner fight, and then you comfortbaly 隔岸观火,隔山观虎斗.

Position 2: Then last week, you changed position. You said this BE is resulted from YSL incident and WP should clean up the shit it created. Thus it should be a straight fight between WP and PAP.

Now, Mr. Goh, would you agree with me that these are two completely different positions? Yes, they're. You want to change positions? That's fine. We can always change our minds about issues, no problems. My humble question to you is simply this: Why the change in positions? What have changed? You said "context". Ok then, share with me the "contextual" change. Enlighten me.

I must have asked you this no less than 10 times now that I actually feel like I'mstalking you. I feel bad. But yet, you don't seem to have any sense of shame, twisting and turning, avoiding my simple questions. That's why I don't feel bad after all. Although I'm not as clever as you, not as famous, not as successful, at least I never run away from you when you address issues to me. I'm proud of myself taking your issues head on.

Until you take on issues directly, and not skirt issues like a weasel, I despise you. (Sorry, I know "despise" is a strong word, but that's how I feel. I want to be honest with myself. No offence to you, Mr. Goh.)

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you that even if WP lose HG, it's not the end of the world. The best lessons in life are experiential and WP will learn from the YSL incident and the coming BE, no doubt about that.

Humans are clearly flawed. That's why they're humans. LTK can't be perfect and he has never given anyone the impression that he thinks he's perfect. At least I've never felt that way. Maybe because he's careful about how he presents himself in public. Unlike you, you and your big mouth are dragging you through m&d that you'll never be able to cleanse. You simply talk too much. And when you do that, you contradict yourself over and over again. And when confronted, instead of explaining, you accuse people for not able to understand what you said, missing the context, etc. Really?

I shall be a broken record like you for once and ask you this one more time.

Position 1: Many weeks ago, you were happily speculating on 3-corner fights in HG, You dragged NSP and NS into the picture, forcing your former party and NS to come out and clarify their positions. NS even had to say she won't contest, and you blasted her. Your frequent postings in this forum and your own blogs, plus interviews to MSM are indicative of mischief (I would stop short of saying malice). Mischief in the sense that you seem to be instigating a 3-corner fight, and then you comfortbaly 隔岸观火,隔山观虎斗.

Position 2: Then last week, you changed position. You said this BE is resulted from YSL incident and WP should clean up the shit it created. Thus it should be a straight fight between WP and PAP.

Now, Mr. Goh, would you agree with me that these are two completely different positions? Yes, they're. You want to change positions? That's fine. We can always change our minds about issues, no problems. My humble question to you is simply this: Why the change in positions? What have changed? You said "context". Ok then, share with me the "contextual" change. Enlighten me.

I must have asked you this no less than 10 times now that I actually feel like I'mstalking you. I feel bad. But yet, you don't seem to have any sense of shame, twisting and turning, avoiding my simple questions. That's why I don't feel bad after all. Although I'm not as clever as you, not as famous, not as successful, at least I never run away from you when you address issues to me. I'm proud of myself taking your issues head on.

Until you take on issues directly, and not skirt issues like a weasel, I despise you. (Sorry, I know "despise" is a strong word, but that's how I feel. I want to be honest with myself. No offence to you, Mr. Goh.)

[video=youtube;ZUatnbaNfEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUatnbaNfEo[/video]

Check out 2:22 - the post-sex-change NSP Tampines team waving orange flags and shaking backside.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It would be a good thing for WP to lose Hougang
Goh Meng Seng

Thank you for your answer to my simple, down to earth question
The line above suffice, there is no necessity for you to explain or justify your actions
Your disguise is more transparent than PAP ... your feelings showed

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you fucking try to win it from WP?

Don't talk cock only. Walk the talk. Or you very scare you will even lose the deposit.

GMS sold his flat to fund a half-farked campaign last GE. He has no more $$$, so the next best thing to do is to come here and talk cock sing song.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS' assertion is this:

YSL incident, allegations of plagiarism, WP's performance in parliament so far (especially the debate on salary revision for Ministers) ==> WP is not a credible opposition party ==> Discerning HG residents, once bitten twice shy, will cause WP damage at the BE. In particular, the YSL incident means that WP did not vet its candidates properly, did not listen to ground (his) feedback on YSL when YSL's ECAs were widely known, LTK failed to take necessary actions, YSL should have apologised instead of run road.

He would also want you to believe that the undercurrent against WP is very strong (based on what he heard from HG residents) and that WP losing HG is not completely impossible.

WP losing HG is also deemed not a bad thing for WP and the opposition in general, as WP will then "wake up".

Sometime ago, he dragged NSP and NS into the picture by insiduously instigating a 3-corner fight in HG. Most recently, he said this HG BE shit was created by WP itself and therefore WP should clean it up, thus straight fight between WP and PAP. He did not clarify his apparent change in position despite numerous attempts to engage him on this subject.

In short, it would probably give him great pleasure to see WP stumbles at this BE. Although he claims to be a neutral polical observer/analyst.