• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This year's F1 road closures cause more jams than previous year's

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 22 Sep 2010
This year's F1 road closures cause more jams than previous year's

this_years_f1_road_closures_cause_more_jams_than_previous_year-thumbnail.jpg

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US"></SCRIPT><IFRAME class=FB_SERVER_IFRAME src="http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6&extern=2&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fxd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US" frameBorder=0 name=loginStatus scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<OBJECT id=flashXdComm name=flashXdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=1 height=1 type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> FB.init("94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6", "/xd_receiver.htm"); function callPublish(title, articleLink, description, thumbnailLink, myemotion) { var message = "is '" + myemotion + "' about this STOMP story: "; var attachment = { 'name': title, 'href': articleLink, 'description': description, 'media': [{ 'type': 'image', 'src': thumbnailLink, 'href': articleLink}] }; FB.Connect.streamPublish(message, attachment); } function shortenURL(articleLink){ shortURLLink = ""; $.getJSON("http://json-tinyurI.appspot.com/?&callback=?", {url: articleLink}, function(data) { shortURLLink = eval(data).tinyurI; }); } </SCRIPT>
Enraged
71%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Shiok!
9%

LOL!
0%

So sad
0%

Sure or not?
3%

Bochup
17%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
STOMPer Britjit was caught in a jam at Middle Road this morning as roads are closed for the upcoming Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix. She feels the traffic management for last year's event was better.

The STOMPer says:

"The F1 road closures are causing a traffic jam at Middle Road.

"This morning at 8.30am it took me half an hour to travel via bus from Sultan Mosque to Bugis Junction and the jam stretched all the way to Raffles Hotel...

"The roads going to the city are all jammed up. Most of the cars are stationary.

"From the National Library skybridge, I can see Middle Road and small roads which connect to Nicole Highway are all jammed up.

"There are also traffic wardens helping to direct the traffic.

"In the afternoon, the roads are still packed, especially those going towards Marina Square.

"Currently I can hear occassional car horns, perhaps from the drivers who are stuck in the jams from the small lanes exiting Victoria Street / Middle Road / Bras Basah Road.

"Three lanes became one lane due to the road closure, and traffic is unable to pass through the Esplanade as the road is closed.

"The buses cannot go through and the other motorists have to turn out.

"These two days, the jam has been quite bad.

"I feel there is not much signage to indicate the road closures, and the signs don't seem to be prominent enough.

"Although they shortened the duration the roads will be closed, but I feel the traffic management for last year's F1 was better.

"They closed the road in stages unlike this year's where it seems they are doing everything within the last week.

"Even the digital signs along the Nicole Highway do not carry announcements of the road closures.

"However, I searched the Internet and noticed that there is an annoucement on the Land Transport Authority's website and a plan where the affected areas are marked

Keywords: F1 , jam , road , closed

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dunno about Bras Basah end, but over at Shenton Way and Raffles Place, the traffic was very much better than previous year. My office is in Shenton Way.

Only Wednesday's (first day of road clousre) traffic was bad, cos a lot of drivers and commuters were caught off guard..

:smile: