• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The difference between religion and the gospel!

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
re·li·gion (r-ljn)
n.
a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

the word here is religion.

if god is any realer, someone would have won a nobel prize for discovering god by now. and all the reputable universities will be teaching god as a science and not just confined to religious schools.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
..........if god is any realer, someone would have won a nobel prize for discovering god by now. and all the reputable universities will be teaching god as a science and not just confined to religious schools.

Indeed we all are living in a reward-oriented society - Christians and non-Christians alike. After all who doesn't like to be rewarded and be recognized. We must however understand that there are two types of rewards - primarily - the quantity of the reward and the quality of the reward.

Nobel prize will certainly make winners instant millionnaire so does one hitting a toto jackpot. Frankly, one can find better chances of hitting toto jackpot verses getting a Nobel prize - just joking. Nontheless, we all must admire and give great recognition to these Nobel prize winners because many of them have contributed alot to improve the lives of people - except perhaps, ironically, some Nobel prize winners for Peace.....let's not talk about this for now.

One reward that all true believers of the God of the Bible must pursue is the heavenly reward that no prizes on earth can compare. We can read of the God's promise of His heavenly reward in 1 Corinthians 3:10-14. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

Even without these words, we know that earthly rewards come and go. They will finally turn into ashes. Just go to the flee market and you can see alot of old medals that were given to reward people for their achievements are for sale and you can easily buy one just for few dollars. At best some may end up at auction houses and some buyers are prepared to buy them for few thousands of dolllars. And that was it.

What form would then be the heavenly reward that we are promised? In the Book of Revelation we are revealed with just a small glimpse of the nature of the heaven reward such as God will remove all our tears, our sorrows, there shall be no pains, no sickness. There is no way that these heaven rewards can be fully described on 'earthly or human-term' because the reward is simply indescribable in earthly or human terms. For one thing - I am quite sure - we will not be made millionaire by the reward because we don't need any medium of exchange, USD, SGD, Yen when we are in the Kingdom of God.

So, if you are hoping to be a millionaire or a billionaire, heavenly reward is not for you to puruse but if you are looking for indescribable reward such as eternal life, for being in the presence of God, for fellowshiping with all true believers who have repented, for enjoyng God's creation - all the stars, all the planets, etc that God has created for our sole enjoyment (note: our is exclusive and this relates to only the true believers of the God of the Bible and the redeeming blood of Jesus) than the Gospel of Jesus is the way to these heavenly rewards. Jesus has said: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed we all are living in a reward-oriented society - Christians and non-Christians alike. After all who doesn't like to be rewarded and be recognized. We must however understand that there are two types of rewards - primarily - the quantity of the reward and the quality of the reward.

Nobel prize will certainly make winners instant millionnaire so does one hitting a toto jackpot. Frankly, one can find better chances of hitting toto jackpot verses getting a Nobel prize - just joking. Nontheless, we all must admire and give great recognition to these Nobel prize winners because many of them have contributed alot to improve the lives of people - except perhaps, ironically, some Nobel prize winners for Peace.....let's not talk about this for now.

One reward that all true believers of the God of the Bible must pursue is the heavenly reward that no prizes on earth can compare. We can read of the God's promise of His heavenly reward in 1 Corinthians 3:10-14. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

Even without these words, we know that earthly rewards come and go. They will finally turn into ashes. Just go to the flee market and you can see alot of old medals that were given to reward people for their achievements are for sale and you can easily buy one just for few dollars. At best some may end up at auction houses and some buyers are prepared to buy them for few thousands of dolllars. And that was it.

What form would then be the heavenly reward that we are promised? In the Book of Revelation we are revealed with just a small glimpse of the nature of the heaven reward such as God will remove all our tears, our sorrows, there shall be no pains, no sickness. There is no way that these heaven rewards can be fully described on 'earthly or human-term' because the reward is simply indescribable in earthly or human terms. For one thing - I am quite sure - we will not be made millionaire by the reward because we don't need any medium of exchange, USD, SGD, Yen when we are in the Kingdom of God.

So, if you are hoping to be a millionaire or a billionaire, heavenly reward is not for you to puruse but if you are looking for indescribable reward such as eternal life, for being in the presence of God, for fellowshiping with all true believers who have repented, for enjoyng God's creation - all the stars, all the planets, etc that God has created for our sole enjoyment (note: our is exclusive and this relates to only the true believers of the God of the Bible and the redeeming blood of Jesus) than the Gospel of Jesus is the way to these heavenly rewards. Jesus has said: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).

i can shit out gold bars from my ass, but i cannot show it to you how i do it, you just have to trust me. ok?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
the gospel is about god raping a 13-14 year old virgin called mary and a bastard of a son called jesus,,,,,

should god be in court with underaged sex?

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
the gospel is about god raping a 13-14 year old virgin called mary and a bastard of a son called jesus,,,,,

should god be in court with underaged sex?

Hmmm....are you saying that those who go for IVF to conceive babies should be jailed.....anyway, I am not pro-IVF because IVF is just creating life. Only God can create life.

Also, no where in the Bible spoke about the age of Mary, how on earth you come to the conclusion that Mary was 'underage?' And where you get the information that Jesus was conceived through sexual relationship? Please don't add any words to the Bible because the Book of Revelation tells us that God cannott tolerate anyone who takes away a word from or add a word to His holy scriptures (Revelation 22:18-19).

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Christians and non-Christians alike. After all who doesn't like to be rewarded and be recognized. We must however understand that there are two types of rewards - primarily - the quantity of the reward and the quality of the reward.

of course everyone likes reward ...but the point is ...is those reward real or just empty promises :wink: . that is the different .

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm....are you saying that those who go for IVF to conceive babies should be jailed.....anyway, I am not pro-IVF because IVF is just creating life. Only God can create life.

Also, no where in the Bible spoke about the age of Mary, how on earth you come to the conclusion that Mary was 'underage?' And where you get the information that Jesus was conceived through sexual relationship? Please don't add any words to the Bible because the Book of Revelation tells us that God cannott tolerate anyone who takes away a word from or add a word to His holy scriptures (Revelation 22:18-19).

u serve in the NS and reservist as well. holding M16-, M203, FG, GPMG etc.. arent you trained to kill? so dont shit about pro-life.... you will shoot when you are ordered to!

so now you are a spokeperson for an imaginary supernatural zeus god? can you produce some evidence that he has appointed you to express his will?
santa clause cannot tolerate people's inability to name the 12 deers that drag his sledge too. riiiiiiiiight.

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jews are asians like us too bro.
You don't know?

ha!!
well, our mitochondria showed that we all originated from africa somewhere in congo hundred and thousands of years ago.. genetically wise, we bear 4% of Neanderthal genes except the Africans.

question for you; what do you make out of the dinosaur fossil?

wait a minute: i knew what you will say, satan put these bones in the ground to confuse people...