• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Taiwan] - George Yeo blames USA and Nancy Pelosi for visiting Taiwan to provoke China, causing Taiwanese people to suffer China's wrath

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1694669398-65029a5677084.png

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Former U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi appears to have taken advantage of Taiwan during her high-profile visit in August 2022, according to Singapore’s former Minister of Foreign Affairs George Yeo (楊榮文).

Speaking in Taiwan on Wednesday (Sept. 13), Yeo said the Taiwanese government was “not so willing” to receive Pelosi, per the BCC. He said Pelosi’s visit put China and the U.S. on a war footing and further constrained Taiwan, causing its people to suffer.

Yeo said this suffering was driven by China’s need to mount a response that would ensure such a visit did not happen again. He said that in his understanding, neither side wanted to start a war because of the visit and controlled the situation.

The criticism follows Yeo’s description of Taiwan as a pawn in a geopolitical game between China and the U.S. in a recent interview. On Wednesday, Yeo also advocated for a China-Taiwan “Commonwealth” as a solution to avoid cross-strait conflict.

Singapore ex-foreign minister says Taiwan was used by Nancy Pelosi

Former Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou stands with George Yeo at the Asia-Pacific Forward Forum on Wednesday. (CNA photo)

Yeo is in Taiwan, where he spoke at the Asia-Pacific Forward Forum in Taipei about Singapore's perspective on Taiwan-China relations.

Yeo served as Singapore's Minister for Foreign Affairs between 2004 and 2011. He now holds positions with the World Economic Forum and in academia.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/ne...wan on Wednesday,causing its people to suffer.

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
George Yeo traitor. Got balls come back Aljunied GRC and fight it out. Instead of being an academic whore. Any state actor pays him he just writes or says shit.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahah.
What kind of information is George Yeo being fed every day? I'm really Interested to know. Maybe the kind of same information is being fed to me, I have happy to support China and unification of Taiwan.

But clearly China's economy is not so good. Others are leaving. China is trying to fill in every shoe. They can do low to high end manufacturing, they can do research of all kinds.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the chicons control the democrazies. So why did Nancy chicons masters allow her to go? Unless it's a chicons setup to provoke war

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe Taiwan should think big... it's time for them to take back China and reunite as One. Wumao don't flame me, they say to think out of the box isn't it?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Aljunied GRC reject and bonafide CCP shill has been barking a lot recently... must have been instructed by his masters to do so. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe Taiwan should think big... it's time for them to take back China and reunite as One. Wumao don't flame me, they say to think out of the box isn't it?

First about 60% of the current land area of the current PRC needs to become independent states. Especially those 'autonomous' regions. :cool: