• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Syed Putra no fight! China delivery rider breaks cycling record to send antidote to save snake bite victim

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

19-year-old delivery rider in China covers 5km in 22 minutes to deliver antivenom to woman who had bitten by snake​

by Yee Loon
06/02/2023
Reading Time: 3 mins read

19-year-old delivery rider in China covers 5km in 22 minutes to deliver antivenom to woman who had bitten by snake

GUANGXI, CHINA — “As long as I can save you, my life will have no regrets!” a part-time courier biker in Southern China rushed to cover 5km in 22 minutes to deliver antivenom upon receiving an urgent delivery request from a female customer who had been bitten by a snake.

According to a clip published on Nanning College of Technology‘s official Douyin page, the courier biker’s name is 19-year-old Yang Zhuofan(杨卓凡), a student from the college majoring in artificial intelligence.

He was working as a part-time courier during the holidays. On 30 January, Mr Yang received an urgent request to deliver antivenom to a female customer in Beihai, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region.

The woman requested that the drug be delivered on priority as she was bitten by a snake.

Female customer bitten by snake

Initially, Mr Yang estimated that it could take about 40 minutes, or at least half an hour, to complete the delivery.

But worrying about the woman’s condition, he immediately went to a pharmaceutical store in a downtown area to collect the snake antivenom and rushed to a small clinic in the nearby countryside which ran out of the drug.

While Mr Yang was speeding to get to the woman, he asked anxiously in the voice message: “Are you still alive? Are you still alive? I’m passing the No 1 Middle School now. Hang in there!”

“To save you, I put my life on a bet to fight against the God of Death. As long as I can save you, my life will have no regrets!” Mr Yang made his vow in a thick Guangxi accent.

Finally, he reached the destination in just 22 minutes. In another video, Mr Yang said after he saw the customer in her 20s looked fine, Mr Yang finally felt relieved.

Mr Yang’s kindheartedness win praise on the internet

Many netizens on Douyin praised Mr Yang for his kind gesture but also urged him to observe road safety as speeding on roads could be dangerous for his life.

A netizen wrote:” I cried when watching this video. Never thought that the boy next door or a sunshine boy can also be a hero, but he is also kind of dorky.“

“It warms my heart to see it, but this young brother should also pay attention to safety.”

safety.jpg

“Hot hearted youth Yang Zhuofan, you have the courage to take responsibility, praise for you.”

zhuofan-e1675671598864.jpg

Works as part-time delivery driver to reduce parent’s financial burden

According to a media report in China, Mr Yang said he works as a part-time delivery rider to reduce his parent’s financial burden and plans to save money so that he can repay his student loans after graduation.

However, he urged road users and delivery riders to always obey the safety rules on roads and noted that he was speeding to save a life at that time.

As a rider working under China’s biggest delivery platform Meituan, Mr Yang was awarded the title of “pioneer rider” and cash rewards for his act of kindness

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

19-year-old delivery rider in China covers 5km in 22 minutes to deliver antivenom to woman who had bitten by snake​

by Yee Loon
06/02/2023

19-year-old delivery rider in China covers 5km in 22 minutes to deliver antivenom to woman who had bitten by snake

GUANGXI, CHINA — “As long as I can save you, my life will have no regrets!” a part-time courier biker in Southern China rushed to cover 5km in 22 minutes to deliver antivenom upon receiving an urgent delivery request from a female customer who had been bitten by a snake.

According to a clip published on Nanning College of Technology‘s official Douyin page, the courier biker’s name is 19-year-old Yang Zhuofan(杨卓凡), a student from the college majoring in artificial intelligence.

He was working as a part-time courier during the holidays. On 30 January, Mr Yang received an urgent request to deliver antivenom to a female customer in Beihai, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region.

The woman requested that the drug be delivered on priority as she was bitten by a snake.

Initially, Mr Yang estimated that it could take about 40 minutes, or at least half an hour, to complete the delivery.

But worrying about the woman’s condition, he immediately went to a pharmaceutical store in a downtown area to collect the snake antivenom and rushed to a small clinic in the nearby countryside which ran out of the drug.

While Mr Yang was speeding to get to the woman, he asked anxiously in the voice message: “Are you still alive? Are you still alive? I’m passing the No 1 Middle School now. Hang in there!”

“To save you, I put my life on a bet to fight against the God of Death. As long as I can save you, my life will have no regrets!” Mr Yang made his vow in a thick Guangxi accent.

Finally, he reached the destination in just 22 minutes. In another video, Mr Yang said after he saw the customer in her 20s looked fine, Mr Yang finally felt relieved.

Many netizens on Douyin praised Mr Yang for his kind gesture but also urged him to observe road safety as speeding on roads could be dangerous for his life.

A netizen wrote:” I cried when watching this video. Never thought that the boy next door or a sunshine boy can also be a hero, but he is also kind of dorky.“

“It warms my heart to see it, but this young brother should also pay attention to safety.”

safety.jpg

“Hot hearted youth Yang Zhuofan, you have the courage to take responsibility, praise for you.”

According to a media report in China, Mr Yang said he works as a part-time delivery rider to reduce his parent’s financial burden and plans to save money so that he can repay his student loans after graduation.

However, he urged road users and delivery riders to always obey the safety rules on roads and noted that he was speeding to save a life at that time.

As a rider working under China’s biggest delivery platform Meituan, Mr Yang was awarded the title of “pioneer rider” and cash rewards for his act of kindness

5km in 22 mins is only 13.6kph my grandmother can cycle at that speed.

Even 20kph on a pedal bike is easy. Things only start to get hard above 30kph.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

dun imagine the roads there are beautifully laid bitumen like ours

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
dun imagine the roads there are beautifully laid bitumen like ours

I can easily do 15kph off road on my mountain bike. The article is a load of crap and the majority of those reading it are clueless.

5km in 22 minutes is a leisurely ride which requires almost no effort whatsoever. Even if it's up a 5% gradient it's still relatively easy for a 19 year old who is reasonably fit and not morbidly obese.

All this garbage about "speeding" etc. What a pile of crock. It's pretty obvious nobody bothered to work out what speed that 5km trip was ridden at.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can easily do 15kph off road on my mountain bike. The article is a load of crap and the majority of those reading it are clueless.

5km in 22 minutes is a leisurely ride which requires almost no effort whatsoever. Even if it's up a 5% gradient it's still relatively easy for a 19 year old who is reasonably fit and not morbidly obese.

All this garbage about "speeding" etc. What a pile of crock. It's pretty obvious nobody bothered to work out what speed that 5km trip was ridden at.
U reckon the the route is like a cycling track? It says autonomous region, surely it's a hilly rough terrain, very similar to your beloved Myanmar road conditions......

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
U reckon the the route is like a cycling track? It says autonomous region, surely it's a hilly rough terrain, very similar to your beloved Myanmar road conditions......

I reckon it could be a gravel road and cycling at 20kph on gravel is easy.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

May be dirt track? I know ur spandex bros never like do any thing off road. :cautious:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he was leelee so concerned about the safety of the lady can't he take a car or hitch a ride from grab ?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

After My uncle Lee read
My uncle think he was leefering to motosikal and the 22mins was leefering to the collection waiting time etc from pharmacy :geek:
So My uncle ask can your grandma leeleever the antidote in 22 mins while running to pharmacy and waiting to collect by car giving her some Asian handicap ? :geek:

Last edited:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

by Yee Loon
06/02/2023

safety.jpg

Biten by South Asia "snake" at KTV?