• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suspected drink driver rams into 10 cars in Potong Pasir

Watto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013
AsiaOne

20130103.193909_crash.jpg

Suspected drink driver rams into 10 cars in Potong Pasir

SINGAPORE - A driver believed to be intoxicated rammed into 10 parked cars in a HDB carpark in Potong Pasir early this morning, before falling asleep at the wheel, the Shin Min Daily News reported.

The incident happened at about 2.30 am at the car park of blocks 137 and 138 of Potong Pasir Ave 3.

According to the Chinese evening daily, the man had earlier drove his car up a kerb and struck a lamp-post before speeding away.

But he returned 30 minutes later, after realising that his license plate and bumper had fallen off because of the impact.

Said an eyewitness, Mr Wu, 40: "The driver wanted to park his car in a lot, but I don't know how he ended up hitting 7 cars in the process."

In an attempt to get away, Mr Wu said the driver knocked into 3 other parked cars.

The driver's car ended up wedged in between 2 cars.

According to another eye-witness, Mr Tan, 35, the man then got out and pushed the car in a bid to free it.

When that failed, he returned to the car and subsequently fell asleep at the wheel, said Mr Tan.

Mr Tan added that the police and officers from the Singapore Civil Defence Force arrived shortly after.

BMW damaged

Said businesswoman Ms Lin, 26, the owner of a BMW which was damaged in the accident: "If only I'd returned home from work later."

Ms Lin had arrived home just 15 minutes before the accident. She said she heard a loud noise after she got home and showered, but was too tired to find out what had happened.

"I knew something bad happened when I looked out the window this morning and saw that my car had moved," said Ms Lin, who had bought the car less than a year ago.

[email protected]