• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Support your local kopi tiam! Coffee chains are crowding Singapore in hopes of jumpstarting their global expansions

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why we have no target, woolsworth or Walmart? Instead we have so many rubbish coffee chains here

Young hipsters like to do cafe hopping on weekends, one day visit four or five cafes.

As for the supermarket business... can't have intruders infringing on the PAP regime's monopoly. :wink:

1024px-Ntuc_Fairprice.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I last visited Coffee Bean 15 years ago as a treat from a buddy. No choice, just a cost to keep someone else company. As for starbuck, I don't have any memory of it at all. I usually drink kopi at Kopi Tiam, even then I have stopped because of price hike and..the kopi quality is rather poor.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I last visited Coffee Bean 15 years ago as a treat from a buddy. No choice, just a cost to keep someone else company. As for starbuck, I don't have any memory of it at all. I usually drink kopi at Kopi Tiam, even then I have stopped because of price hike and..the kopi quality is rather poor.
Nowadays I make my own instant coffee and I bought from Amazon, very cheap

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays I make my own instant coffee and I bought from Amazon, very cheap
Not all instant coffee are healthy. Look for those marked "B" or look at the labels. I don't drink them regularly. If I need beverage, I drink soya bean unsweetened marked "A" on the box. Sometimes, I carry herbal drink - $1.50 a bottle you buy from Chinese herbal shops. Value for money than the small cup kopi at kopi tiam selling $1.20 to $1.60 price range.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Heard the Tiongs' Luckin Coffee is very popular now. If you use their shitty app to pay one cup costs only 99 cents. :biggrin:

Try the 'Hambella Coconut Dirty'. :roflmao:

photo_6140880043400869269_y.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard the Tiongs' Luckin Coffee is very popular now. If you use their shitty app to pay one cup costs only 99 cents. :biggrin:

Try the 'Hambella Coconut Dirty'. :roflmao:

photo_6140880043400869269_y.jpg
I try to avoid using APPS for such stuff. There are hidden bugs and you are most likely to end up being scammed of your Bank password and then money withdrawn without you knowing.