• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suddenly...Sinki got its majo back, kym?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, my students from China have been asking me if Singapore is part of China.

I had to explain to them that Singapore is not part of China but that it is a country, like China is.

Why is there such confusion?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all began when some influencers in China nicknamed Singapore “Poxian”, as in Po County. The reason given was that Singapore is so small, it’s just like a county in their country.

It gained popularity among China’s netizens and they started using it as they found it cute. My fear and worry is that our younger generation may be influenced by this trend and we may start to call ourselves Po County too.

Singapore, being a sovereign state, should be respected and addressed the right way.

Being small means we run the risk of being bullied by others.

Singapore has been described as being the size of a booger, and has also been called a little red dot.

Singapore does look like a red dot on the world map. Little red dot does not mean anything derogatory, unlike Po County.

In fact, nowadays, Singaporeans, including politicians, also sometimes refer to Singapore as the little red dot.

I find it problematic, though, when radio DJs, television and publication advertisements use the phrase “islandwide” or “whole island”. It sounds like we are only islanders.

Although it is undeniable that Singapore is an island, it is perhaps better to use “countrywide” or “whole country”.

The right and correct way of addressing Singapore is as a country, not just an island.

Upholding Singapore’s pride is every citizen’s duty.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, my students from China have been asking me if Singapore is part of China.

I had to explain to them that Singapore is not part of China but that it is a country, like China is.

Why is there such confusion?
If you study history, you will realise that Admiral Cheng Ho visited Singapore many times several hundreds years ago before British arrival. So yes technically Singapore has achieved independence from UK but we are still under China rule

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you study history, you will realise that Admiral Cheng Ho visited Singapore many times several hundreds years ago before British arrival. So yes technically Singapore has achieved independence from UK but we are still under China rule
Even so, we should be under KMT mah

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP loves sucking CCP cock, Obama and Biden are all in the CCP's pockets, more than half the world is bending over to get fucked by communism