• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ssshhh! Don't say "SDP"

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/component/content/article/2594-ssshhh-dont-say-qsdpq

Ssshhh! Don't say "SDP"
Sunday, 26 July 2009
Singapore Democrats

censorship-button.jpg

The title to this report "Political parties go online to extend their reach" by Valarie Tan of Channel News Asia seems straightforward enough -- Singapore's political parties, both ruling and opposition, are fully utilising the Internet to achieve their ends.

But wait, there's no mention of the Singapore Democrats anywhere! It reports on only two parties - the PAP and WP. This is particularly strange when the SDP's website, updated daily is by far the most read website of all political parties in Singapore.
CNA also writes that "Social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter are the latest ways Singapore political parties are reaching out to people online."

This website employs all manner of online instruments to reach out to Singaporeans. We have produced the most number of YouTube presentations, we were the first to get on Twitter with the most number of followers, and our supporters have even established a Friends of SDP Facebook page.

And yet in CNA's report, only silence about the Singapore Democrats.

The report also talks about the youth wings of both the PAP and WP. Yet, the SDP is the first opposition party to establish a youth wing. The Young Democrats was formed in 2000 and has since grown robustly. Again, absolutely no mention of this in CNA's report.

It is obvious that the media want Singaporeans to know as little as possible about the Singapore Democrats. If and when they do report on us, they will put on the worst possible spin. This is what the SDP is up against.

This trend will intesify as elections draw closer. The question that must be asked is: Why is the media so intent on hushing up news about, particularly, the Singapore Democrats?

In another instance, Alicia Wong of Today reported yesterday about the installation of CCTVs at Hong Lim Park (see here), obviously reading and then following up on the SDP's report two days before (see here).

Yet the newspaper refuses to acknowledge that the story was first reported on this website.

Are we complaining? No. We take this as the PAP badly wanting to get rid of us. Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more than just blacking out our news.

What is important, however, is that the Singaporean public must know the truth. We cannot let the media cover up the facts, at least not on the Internet.

We ask our supporters and followers to step up efforts to help us overcome this hurdle by spreading the SDP's news as far and as wide as possible through your emails, Facebook pages, blogs and so on.

Don't let the PAP use the New Media to fool the people too.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There's no mention of SPP, NSP or RP too.

As far as I can see, Kenneth JB has been very hardworking on Facebook.

Admittedly, SDP has the best political party website, most "advanced" in utilizing the New Media. I would say that SDP, with all objectivity, is the front runner in their New Media strategy.

NSP is not up to par yet thus, it is only reasonable that it is not mentioned. But NSP is gearing up with slightly a little more effort now with the filming of our National Day Message and putting up on Youtube for the first time. We may only be doing it in 3 languages at the moment.

I understand that SDP will be doing the same thing too.

Sometimes it is not the amount of networking you are doing or how many internet tools you are utilizing that count. It is more on the content and effectiveness of the messages that you brought fore to your targeted audience that counts. I can see that SDP is gaining ground in this aspect slowly through the internet.

Goh Meng Seng

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Admittedly, SDP has the best political party website, most "advanced" in utilizing the New Media. I would say that SDP, with all objectivity, is the front runner in their New Media strategy.

NSP is not up to par yet thus, it is only reasonable that it is not mentioned. But NSP is gearing up with slightly a little more effort now with the filming of our National Day Message and putting up on Youtube for the first time. We may only be doing it in 3 languages at the moment.

Sometimes it is not the amount of networking you are doing or how many internet tools you are utilizing that count. It is more on the content and effectiveness of the messages that you brought fore to your targeted audience that counts. I can see that SDP is gaining ground in this aspect slowly through the internet.

Goh Meng Seng

but what they reported is IRRELEVANT to peasants. do hungry and jobless peasants bother about FREE BURMA? chee is acting like real only when he's really an asshole!

just look at how SDP IB jams up my inbox:

You last visited: Today at 03:13 AM
Your Notifications: 55

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
but what they reported is IRRELEVANT to peasants. do hungry and jobless peasants bother about FREE BURMA? chee is acting like real only when he's really an asshole!

pondan hiao cheebye mouth! your "husband" dare reply you or not?.......lol........lol

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
You last visited: Today at 03:13 AM Your Notifications: 55

lanjiao sucking unemployed parasite old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, betrayer, all rolled into one!

go jump mrt tracks and end all your misery!

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
just look at how SDP IB jams up my inboxYou last visited: Today at 03:13 AM Your Notifications: 55

lanjiao sucking unemployed parasite old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, betrayer, all rolled into one!

Illicit gay activities:

Penal Code Section 377A states, “Any male person who, in public or private, commits, or abets the commission of, or procures or attempts to procure the commission by any male person of, any act of gross indecency with another male person, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years.”

Cheating:

Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he or she would not do or omit if he or she were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to "cheat". For example, A cheats if he intentionally deceives Z into a belief that A means to repay any money that Z may lend to him when A does not intend to repay it, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to lend him money. Cheating is punished with imprisonment of up to one year, or a fine, or both.

Father bashing:

Voluntarily causing hurt – A person causes hurt when he or she causes bodily pain, disease or infirmity to any person. Whoever does any act with the intention of causing hurt to any person, or with the knowledge that he is likely to cause hurt to any person, and does cause hurt to any person, voluntarily causes hurt. The penalty for voluntarily causing hurt is imprisonment of up to one year, or a fine of up to S$1,000, or both.

Theft of Temple Funds:

Theft is committed when a person, intending to take dishonestly any movable property out of the possession of any person without that person’s consent, moves that property in order to effect the taking. The penalty for theft is imprisonment of up to three years, or a fine, or both. It is more common, however, for offenders to be charged with committing theft in a building, tent or vessel, which is used as a human dwelling, or for the custody of property. The penalty for this more serious offense is imprisonment of up to seven years, and also a fine.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Sing,

Did you say, not too long ago, that SDP website is losing readership because it is too radical/confrontational? :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

OTC

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Sing,

Did you say, not too long ago, that SDP website is losing readership because it is too radical/confrontational? :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

OTC

Is that so? I have explained on this and will not deal with this anymore. The impact is for the "intended targeted audience". SDP has its strategy to appeal to a certain segment of activists. This is its "success" in this sense.

On the other hand, Kenneth may be more successful in gaining ground on the middle upper class with his intellectual appeal. As for WP, I will leave you to judge. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Leetahbar, the message is for certain targeted group and if it actually wins over this group of people, then they are successful.

Singapore politics are narrowly defined but a normal country will include its foreign policy as well. The issue of "Free Burma" actually touches on Singapore's foreign policy. Of course, to most Singaporeans this is none of their business or concern. This could mean many things and one of it may be that Singaporeans are not politically aware or just simply bochap what happens in other places around the world. We may not have that level of political consciousness as a people but this does not mean that a political party that raises such issue is wrong in doing so.

This is especially so when Burma is part of the regional organization ASEAN which we are playing an important role in it.

You may go on to talk about the human rights issues and stuffs like that. You could just say that SDP's message may not appeal to MOST Singaporeans as Singaporeans do not really put their focus in these issues. But the turn of events in the Minibond saga may have really "opened" many Singaporeans' eyes about the importance of defending or even fighting for your own rights and interests as a people. I shall leave this to another day. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cannot say like that. Goh Meng Seng goes protest in HK, how? This is called international dimension to broaden domestic political perspectives. Goh Meng Seng is interested in HK, Chee Soon Juan is interested in Burma, to each his own. As long as they don't bring in PRC or Burmese troops to invade Singapore, there's nothing wrong in helping or supporting foreign causes and learning from foreign politics. Whether that translates into domestic interest, support and votes, it's their judgment calls.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot say like that. Goh Meng Seng goes protest in HK, how? This is called international dimension to broaden domestic political perspectives. Goh Meng Seng is interested in HK, Chee Soon Juan is interested in Burma, to each his own. As long as they don't bring in PRC or Burmese troops to invade Singapore, there's nothing wrong in helping or supporting foreign causes and learning from foreign politics. Whether that translates into domestic interest, support and votes, it's their judgment calls.

why doesn't chee soon juan go to taiwan and make more noises? the hooliganism politics there suit him best. why doesn't he dare to make his mark there?:confused:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why doesn't chee soon juan go to taiwan and make more noises? the hooliganism politics there suit him best. why doesn't he dare to make his mark there?:confused:

Chao ah qua bapok pondan parent beater Leetahbar,

why doesn't u go to find a job and make money to maintain ur parents. why doesnt u dare to be a man rather than an unemployed leeching ah qua?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

if that's the case hor, chee should jus jolly bring his whole tribe and emigrate to burma. let's see he can last a day with the junta there.:smile:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You are as wise as Scroobal.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that's the case hor, chee should jus jolly bring his whole tribe and emigrate to burma. let's see he can last a day with the junta there.:smile:

Hiao cheebye mouth leetahbar, don't hide behind the keyboard. Meet me in person and see if you can last two seconds!...lol.......lol