• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sports Books Or Autobiographies

jw5

Loyal
Have you read any really good sports autobiographies or books written or co-written by current or former sportsmen?
What would you recommend and where can a copy be obtained?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
One that comes to mind straight off is "It's Not About the Bike - My Journey Back To Life" by Tour de France champion legend cyclist Lance Armstrong. One of those positive motivational books that captures the essence of the human spirit and fight for life.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you read any really good sports autobiographies or books written or co-written by current or former sportsmen?
What would you recommend and where can a copy be obtained?

Actually most famous, wealthy, successful people have very good autobiographies as well.

For football, I prefer reading about those club managers instead of the players. Didn't buy any, so can't comment as was just brisk reading through.
Read before Arsene Wenger's and Roy Keane's. Interesting but not that interested enough to buy. :o

For motivation, you can read some famous ones like Napoleon Hill,
For shares, economics, Warren Buffett, George Soros.

Actually a lot of people recommend books on Buffett for his eye on investment. But i think is not his eye on investment that makes him rich. It's his "scroogeness" that makes him rich. His mentality on compounding money with every cent saved and not spending it makes his money grow at a compounding speed which is what most of us or 99.99% of the population can't achieve. :p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have only followed Warren Buffet on a superficial level do not realise that he has made alot of his profits on successfully managing reinsurance "float". His latest big "float" bet is on Lloyds.

Oh and for for beginners on the stock market (those brave enough now!!), I highly recommend Peter Lynch's books : "One Up On Wall Street" and "Beating The Street", old books but with timeless sound easy to follow advice from one of the original wall street gurus.

Actually a lot of people recommend books on Buffett for his eye on investment. But i think is not his eye on investment that makes him rich. It's his "scroogeness" that makes him rich. His mentality on compounding money with every cent saved and not spending it makes his money grow at a compounding speed which is what most of us or 99.99% of the population can't achieve.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me El Tel is overated. Bobby Robson has never been given the credit he deserves, note he is the last english manager to take the England team to the last 4 of the World Cup.
Venables has been praised by many players in their own autobiographies as one of the greatest English football coaches ever.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coincidentally, both were ex-Barcelona managers. El Tel took Barcelona to the European Cup final.

To me El Tel is overated. Bobby Robson has never been given the credit he deserves, note he is the last english manager to take the England team to the last 4 of the World Cup.