• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore to get hotter in April, May & June

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

S'pore to get hotter in April, May & June

Fry me a river.

Ruth Chai |
clock.png
March 31, 2024, 06:02 PM

mothership.sg
singapore-get-hotter.jpg
Have you been feeling the heat in Singapore?

Bad news.

It could very well get worse in the next few months.

Temperatures in the next two months could rise due to the lingering effects of the El Niño phenomenon, which has affected temperatures in Singapore since the second half of 2023.

What is El Niño?​

El Niño is a natural climate phenomenon where the ocean surface warms as low-level surface winds, which normally blow from east to west along the equator, weaken or start blowing the other direction.

Since the warmest annual temperatures from any El Niño event typically occur the year after an El Niño forms, both for Singapore and globally, 2024 could be an even warmer year, the National Environment Agency’s Meteorological Service Singapore (MSS) said.
The lingering effects of El Niño could push up temperatures during traditionally warm months of the year, which are April, May and June.

According to MSS records, these three months are historically the hottest months of the year, with May the warmest month of the year with average daily temperatures of 28.6ºC.

Average daily temperatures in April are 28.2ºC and average daily temperatures in June are 28.5ºC.

Uncomfortably hot​

Matthias Roth, professor of urban climatology from the National University of Singapore’s (NUS) department of geography told The Straits Times that Singapore is likely to experience "above-average temperatures" in the next few months.

The increase in air temperatures associated with El Niño, coupled with high humidity, could make being outdoors an uncomfortable experience during the months of April to June.

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun believe NEA and MSS, mark my words, June 2024 will be cold. But anyway no sinkies will care as mostly will spend thousands of dollars travel overseas cold countries while I enjoy free cool weather in SG.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am reminiscing about those days I needed to wear my jacket.:frown: Now I am walking around naked at home.