• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Splits in the Singapore elite

spiritofchengsan97

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sideviews/article/splits-in-the-singapore-elite-michael-barr/

The third reason I doubt the likelihood of a split in the elite is that the best chance for such a split came and went in the mid-1990s when Goh Chok Tong was prime minister. Goh tried to use his position as PM and his control of the Ministry of Finance through his close ally, Finance Minister Richard Hu, to wrest the reins of power from the Lee family — father and son. He was doing this through a deliberate campaign of supplanting the Lee family’s patronage in the civil service and in the huge and powerful government-linked company (GLC) sector. The campaign promised to be particularly effective in the GLC sector.

Very interesting insights once again by Barr ...

GCT tried to reduce the Dynasty's influence in the corridors of power but gave up in 1996.

It seems to me that once the Old Man goes, the split will not be far off..

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LKY DEATH will be quickly followed by LHL cancer relapse. Then u will see end of the Lee empire!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY DEATH will be quickly followed by LHL cancer relapse. Then u will see end of the Lee empire!

I rather it happened in a quick and painless way - by voting them out in the next election before they have the chance to pull our CPF out of this cuntry.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems to me that once the Old Man goes, the split will not be far off..

Don't be silly. Who holds the reins at Temasek, and ultimately all GLCs? Whose family sits on the board of Temasek? His observation is 20 years late!

A slow one, this Michael Barr.