• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie SYT From SMU Found Drowned In Hualien, Taiwan! Rave Yacht Graduation Party Cancelled

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1686776455837.png

The family of a 22-year-old Singaporean woman who apparently drowned and was found off the coast of Hualien, Taiwan, is appealing for witnesses to come forward.

Even though it has been more than a month since she was discovered on May 7, 2023, and was brought back to Singapore on May 11, 2023, Amelia Moo Wen Si’s parents are still grieving.

The elder Moo, 51, and his wife would visit their daughter’s resting place every day — bringing along her favourite food, such as lei cha and sushi — while hoping that the circumstances which led to her death will one day come to light.

Not her first time travelling to Taiwan
Amelia Moo was a Singapore Management University law undergraduate and had just completed her final year examinations before her death.

Her father told Shin Min Daily News that she decided to go to Taiwan to travel from Apr. 28 to May 8, 2023.

He said he wasn’t worried, even though it was the first time she had visited Taitung, as she had been to other places on the island, such as Taipei and Tainan.

Friend tried calling back after receiving missed call
However, he realised something was amiss on the evening of May 7, 2023, when she didn’t respond to his messages.

He said the last known contact with her was when she tried to call a friend through Telegram messenger at 8:17pm.

The friend didn’t pick up the call but couldn’t get through to her after trying to call back at around 9pm.

Found off the coast of Hualien
Amelia Moo’s father said he contacted Taiwan police after 24 hours and notified the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Singapore Trade Office in Taipei for help.

He also called her hotel and found out she didn’t check out of her room.

Taiwanese media CTi News reported that she was found floating off the coast of Hualien on the afternoon of May 8, 2023.

When this news broke in Taiwan, Amelia Moo's identity was still not confirmed at that time.

Family believes it's not a suicide
Her father told Shin Min it was “impossible that she had suicidal thoughts”.

As preliminary reports found no indication of physical or sexual assault, and local police ruled out foul play, the father went looking for clues by himself while he was in Taiwan.

He found CCTV footage showing her at the beach near her hotel around 6:05pm.

He said she was strolling alone while there were around 10 other people on the beach.

He said she was only a step away from fulfilling her dream, as she had already secured a place at a practice and only had to pass the bar exam after.

He had also wanted to celebrate her birthday with her in a month's time and had already booked a yacht.

https://mothership.sg/2023/06/smu-law-student-drown-taiwan/

Attachments

• 1686776263080.png
    1686776263080.png
    782.4 KB · Views: 54

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
"As preliminary reports found no indication of physical or sexual assault, and local police ruled out foul play, the father went looking for clues by himself while he was in Taiwan."

I almost puke when I read this. Those Taiwanese police are complete idiots. This can never be a possibility.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm disappointed she didn't float.

Study so hard to die on a solo trip to Taiwan. Worth it? :biggrin:

By the way, is she a virgin? I know she was aesthetically disadvantaged, but I've heard of the debauchery in the NUS law faculty back in the day... not sure if something similar is happening in SMU too. :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm disappointed she didn't float.

Study so hard to die on a solo trip to Taiwan. Worth it? :biggrin:

By the way, is she a virgin? I know she was aesthetically disadvantaged, but I've heard of the debauchery in the NUS law faculty back in the day... not sure if something similar is happening in SMU too. :wink:
what if she was checking out her bouyancy?