• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Movie Star Hugo Says That You're Stupid If You Don't Buy HDB Flats! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1653925508429.png

'Stupid if don't buy': Hugo Ng pays $700k in 1 shot for HDB flat with 2 living rooms

Veteran actor Hugo Ng, 62, has spent around $700,000 on a 1,400 sq ft HDB flat in Singapore.
And he reportedly paid for it in one lump sum.

While it isn't clear what type of flat the 62-year-old purchased, he reportedly told Hong Kong media that his new home boasts three bedrooms and — very uniquely — two living rooms

The apartment may be an executive apartment — which have larger living areas and were first built in the 1980s and phased out in 2005 — or a jumbo flat, where two units are combined into one.

Last year, he told local media that he had bought a home in Sengkang.

The semi-retired star, who was born in Singapore, bluntly explained that there are government subsidies in place, and one would be stupid not to buy homes from HDB.

The reason for his purchase is his 24-year-old son Justin, who intends to work in Singapore after finishing his studies overseas.

Hugo spent a large part of his life abroad as his family moved to Hong Kong when he was seven months old.

In 2019, Hugo had planned to retire in Penang with his wife, former actress Lily Chung. He rented a 4,000 sq ft mansion for a monthly rental fee of 8,500 ringgit (S$2,800) for a year in Penang, Malaysia.

He was once undecided, but Hugo Ng finally buys a property in Sengkang

However, just three months after the move, Hugo and his family were unable to return to Penang after completing his work abroad because of the Covid-19 pandemic and the rest of the rental fees were paid in vain.

In an interview with Lianhe Wanbao, he revealed that his son likes living in Singapore and he also felt that it would be suitable for Justin to live here.

He previously also said he was leaning towards the idea of purchasing a property in Singapore.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the narrative is in line with the PAP and he is a celebrity of non-local origin but born in sg. Jackpot for PAP state media to jumping in and sounds the gong that having nearly million $ public housing is the correct way to go.

Remember, u MUST mentioned that he was born in sg, even though he left the nanny state before reaching 1 year old. This is a very important statement for PAP.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB flat is so cheap compare to HK condo. And Hugo will be able to sell his flat for more than a million dollars. He is a wise Hongkee.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed gansiokbin was fucking arsehole stupid for not buying hdb after 35yo and bought jb whore house instead made it stupidest among the stupid.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed gansiokbin was fucking arsehole stupid for not buying hdb after 35yo and bought jb whore house instead made it stupidest among the stupid.

For staying long term, it is always cheaper to live in the HDB flats. People regretted buying EC (even with grants) and private condo because it is very hard to sell it off. So if one is not rich it is better not to buy private property :biggrin:

I never consider going to that :poop: hole for a vacation not to say buying a property there :thumbsdown:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
For staying long term, it is always cheaper to live in the HDB flats. People regretted buying EC (even with grants) and private condo because it is very hard to sell it off. So if one is not rich it is better not to buy private property :biggrin:

I never consider going to that :poop: hole for a vacation not to say buying a property there :thumbsdown:
Gansiokbin not rich and bought condo and end up need to rent out own condo and rent from other people another low class condo wtf how stupid can some people be :geek:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gansiokbin not rich and bought condo and end up need to rent out own condo and rent from other people another low class condo wtf how stupid can some people be :geek:

This old hen had been struggling all her whole life to pay off these mortgages and buying properties that nobody even want to take look it

Stupid :cautious:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 147333

'Stupid if don't buy': Hugo Ng pays $700k in 1 shot for HDB flat with 2 living rooms

Veteran actor Hugo Ng, 62, has spent around $700,000 on a 1,400 sq ft HDB flat in Singapore.
And he reportedly paid for it in one lump sum.

While it isn't clear what type of flat the 62-year-old purchased, he reportedly told Hong Kong media that his new home boasts three bedrooms and — very uniquely — two living rooms

The apartment may be an executive apartment — which have larger living areas and were first built in the 1980s and phased out in 2005 — or a jumbo flat, where two units are combined into one.

Last year, he told local media that he had bought a home in Sengkang.

The semi-retired star, who was born in Singapore, bluntly explained that there are government subsidies in place, and one would be stupid not to buy homes from HDB.

The reason for his purchase is his 24-year-old son Justin, who intends to work in Singapore after finishing his studies overseas.

Hugo spent a large part of his life abroad as his family moved to Hong Kong when he was seven months old.

In 2019, Hugo had planned to retire in Penang with his wife, former actress Lily Chung. He rented a 4,000 sq ft mansion for a monthly rental fee of 8,500 ringgit (S$2,800) for a year in Penang, Malaysia.

He was once undecided, but Hugo Ng finally buys a property in Sengkang

However, just three months after the move, Hugo and his family were unable to return to Penang after completing his work abroad because of the Covid-19 pandemic and the rest of the rental fees were paid in vain.

In an interview with Lianhe Wanbao, he revealed that his son likes living in Singapore and he also felt that it would be suitable for Justin to live here.

He previously also said he was leaning towards the idea of purchasing a property in Singapore.
I've already said before. As a Singapore citizen, it is a privilege given by the government to buy your first subsidized housing. This is also taken into consideration of your NS contribution to your country. You'd be a fool if you don't take advantage of this privilege. This can also be your starting point to upgrade to private properties at a later stage.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've already said before. As a Singapore citizen, it is a privilege given by the government to buy your first subsidized housing. This is also taken into consideration of your NS contribution to your country. You'd be a fool if you don't take advantage of this privilege. This can also be your starting point to upgrade to private properties at a later stage.
How about i shit the govt so much that i dun want any of their pretentious offer that lead to more unnecessary liabilities and expenses in the future. The future that ties the unnecessary expense and cost to the govt.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about i shit the govt so much that i dun want any of their pretentious offer that lead to more unnecessary liabilities and expenses in the future. The future that ties the unnecessary expense and cost to the govt.
You should take what you can when you can. YOLO.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDBs are money traps. Most will not be able to take out profits from their lifetime scrimping and saving because PAP instituted a new rule where youngest new tenants taking over your flat must be able to live there until they're 94 years old, within the remaining lease.

After yr lease left 50 years, you won't be able to sell it because no young person is eligible and no old person will want to buy because they have their own HDB already. You end up stuck with it until 99 years and value goes back to ZERO!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDBs are money traps. Most will not be able to take out profits from their lifetime scrimping and saving because PAP instituted a new rule where youngest new tenants taking over your flat must be able to live there until they're 94 years old, within the remaining lease.

After yr lease left 50 years, you won't be able to sell it because no young person is eligible and no old person will want to buy because they have their own HDB already. You end up stuck with it until 99 years and value goes back to ZERO!
If so, why are you living in one yourself?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you had to ask this question, then I think you're hopeless in financial. Probably would not even understand what I talk about.

BTW there's a Bentley at my multi storey carpark.
Don't bull-shit lah. Blk 325 Yishun where got multi-storey carpark? I don't live in Slumland Yishun, but a Google map search will reveal.

By the way, your argument is flawed. Even if you cannot sell after 50 years, you can still rent it out after your 10 years of initial occupation. By the time the lease is zero, you would have recovered your purchasing cost of the flat + surplus. Your financial knowledge is truly inferior and flawed. You argue just for the sake of opposing the government no matter how illogical it will be.

Let me cite you a real example: Presuming you rent out at just a nominal rate of S$2,000/month and after just 40 years, you could have recovered S$960,000. Isn't this more than enough for the general purchase price of a present day flat and especially if you had bought new from the HDB?

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Even oppies can buy PAP subsidized HDB flats and make a profit. Which other government in the world will treat oppies so well?