• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore hospitals and doctors don't really care about the welfare and interest of the patients they treat now.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore hospitals and doctors don't really care about the welfare and interest of the patients they treat now.

Too lazy to handle the red tape of the drug batches and expiry dates, hospitals and doctors would not accept donations of unused drugs because they don't have the technology/ burden to track unique batch numbers (in case of batch recall) even for patented drugs worth "thousands of dollars".
So healthcare is now a wasteful multi billion dollar business as well, abusing the reasons of red tape to profit much more?
Doctors are like bankers and car salesman, but have little interest in treatment of poor, or poor don't receive treatment or are dissuaded from doing so?
Then the government says healthcare costs is increasing, so they start robbing the people by increasing GST taxes, incurring more stress to society and the economy, such that people develop more cancers....

We live in a cold and materialistic world where doctors dream of becoming and behave like bankers as well.

If the government is disinterested in the recycling of unused patent medications towards their use by needy and poor people, then the government should allow for the listing and donations of unused prescription medications on Internet platforms like carousel and Facebook as well.

=====================

Forum: Not able to donate medication after wife's death
Published. NOV 29, 2021, 2:00 AM SGT
The article "Should donors of unsold food be exempted from liability?" (Nov 25) reminded me of a situation I faced in October 2019 when my wife died suddenly of end-stage brain cancer.
I was left with unused and unexpired cancer drugs worth thousands of dollars which I could not give away freely to other patients (whether needy or not), as no doctor or hospital would accept the drugs given the protocols underlying the dispensing of medication.
Over the past two years, I tried to sound out various hospitals, medical professionals and non-profit organisations as to how to prevent the wastage of those drugs, but to no avail.
It has been more than two years now and the expiry dates of the drugs have passed.
How can Singapore develop as a caring society when, for costly medication, there seem to be no procedures or protocols in place for us to prevent wastage and at the same time do good?
Harry Tong
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-not-able-to-donate-medication-after-wifes-death

chanwoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hospitals and doctors just wanna make money, patient welfare is not their concern there.
It has always been like this ever since that useless son takes over his father throne. Just look at how they handle Covid, it's like they experimenting with Singaporeans lives. We're like lab rats to them that forever need to jab vaccination over and over again until all Singaporeans die from side effects then they happy with their newfound ah nehs.