• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg video] - Malay Woman berates NTUC FairPrice’s staff at the fish counter for not being able to speak English..complaining to Fairprice’s management

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I support this makcik, although she seems a little screw-loose. That china girl doesn't speak English, doesn't know how to gut a fish, she has no business working in her job. She should be working in Geylang!:biggrin:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have seen a ATB at a NTUC Fuckprice cashier, asking loudly if she could become a member. She then took out her ICBC card to pay for her groceries. :biggrin:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support Pritam 101% on this. All workers or anyone with any business to do in Sinkeepoo need to undergo an English proficiency test. Not all Sinkees are Chinese. But all speak some level of English.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support Pritam 101% on this. All workers or anyone with any business to do in Sinkeepoo need to undergo an English proficiency test. Not all Sinkees are Chinese. But all speak some level of English.
Get lost from supporting the opposition. You too stupid, as evidenced by your idiotic support for mandatory jabs, to join us.
Fuck off.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support anyone, whether they are from the present gahment or from the opposition, who supports logical thinking. This is how people with sound reasoning speaks...

How WP supported the government's Covid-19 efforts​

"Clearly, a unity of purpose was the need of the hour," Singh said while moving on to his second point, focusing on how WP supported the government's Covid-19 efforts.

He said in some countries, the government's approach to the pandemic were attacked by opposition parties trying to gain political mileage. However, the WP did not do this. It did not "ride on misinformation" nor contribute to misunderstandings over national policies.

The WP encouraged Singaporeans to clarify their doubts through proper channels instead.

"For example, in the middle of 2021, MP for Sengkang Jamus Lim came out to clarify that the tragic death of a young resident was not due to Covid, as was being openly propagated by some individuals online, ostensibly to sow doubts about vaccine safety," Singh said.

As the elderly were more susceptible to the virus, WP also worked closely in ensuring that senior citizens were protected against Covid-19 by getting vaccinated.

Singh thanked former WP secretary-general Low Thia Khiang for agreeing to put out a video in Mandarin and Teochew explaining his experience with vaccination and why it was important for senior citizens to get vaccinated.
Singh acknowledged and thanked other WP members and volunteers who contributed to the government's Covid-19 efforts.

For instance, WP's He Ting Ru shared that she took her vaccination while still breastfeeding to assure concerns from nursing mothers, and other WP members donated to the Courage Fund under the National Council for Social Services which sought to provide support to lower-income households affected by Covid-19.

WP’s political posture during Covid-19​

Lastly, Singh shared on WP's political posture during Covid-19 and what the public can expect from them when such crises strike in the future.

"As early as February 2020, when the Unity Budget was announced, the Workers' Party made clear the tone we would take on the Covid-19 crisis.
We called for a unity of purpose and for politics to take a backseat. In June 2020 as we exited the Circuit Breaker, and a few weeks before the elections, I reiterated in my speech on the Fortitude Budget, that the Workers’ Party did not come in to publicly criticise the government on its handling of an unprecedented crisis.

We were determined to support, and not undermine the national effort."

Singh said that WP will continue to lead with this approach in times of national crisis, as a political party not in government. At the time of the pandemic, they implemented necessary protocols and did not compromise with national measures or the safety of Singaporeans.
In the event of potentially problematic rules when operationalised on the ground, WP's town council officers would submit feedback to the agencies concerned.

"We took the view that any feedback would be taken seriously by civil servants and we endeavoured to work as one Singapore. As has come to be expected of our public officers, they did not let us down," Singh said.

"In times of crisis, we will unite as a country, as a society, and as a polity."​

Singh paid tribute to the workers "in the trenches" and "supporting the fight", from nurses to cleaners to doctors to delivery persons and drivers, and called them "heroes."

He also commended the public officers, such as civil servants, teachers and men and women in uniform, and said we must honour them for trying to allow Singaporeans to live their lives as normally as possible, while keeping us safe.

Singh paid tribute to those who have lost family members to Covid and people who suffered from Covid-19 or vaccine-related ailments, and hoped that the Ministry of Health will follow up on vaccine injury claims.
He also expressed appreciation to the Multi-Ministerial Task Force for their efforts in guiding Singapore through Covid-19.

"The Workers’ Party supports the motion to the extent that it expresses gratitude to all in Singapore who contributed to the nation’s fight against Covid-19 and affirms the government’s efforts to learn from lessons of the last three years," Singh said as he ended his speech.

Nominated MP Joshua Raj Thomas praised WP for not "seeking to opportunistically seek political mileage" in Parliament during his speech on March 21.
He commended Singh and WP for standing in unity and supporting the government in times of crisis, allowing the government to focus on dealing with critical and urgent issues instead of being distracted by political challenges.
"It gives me confidence, and it should give all Singaporeans confidence, that in times of crisis, we will unite as a country, as a society, and as a polity," Thomas said.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all.must understand ,she not complaining, papigs always class them as talents but English CMI, fake cert, so how to expect them to integrate,Singh is correct ,they cluster amo g themselves, but papigs in the ivory tower still blur blur they only know how to threaten when someone highlight like ' watch Yr tone', wat the hellebore paid millions to suckers that Don even how to debate,one of them also Don know how to answer n reply ' wat u think' ,a joke

gutpunch

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree should be requirement for workers who need to interact with customers to be able to speak basic engrish but hor... so farnee for this makcik to say the atb cannot "commute" (to work) lol

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're manning a frontline counter regardless whichever vendor u working for, @least some basic Engrish proficiency is required ! Makcik is not wrong in this aspect...

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I support this makcik, although she seems a little screw-loose. That china girl doesn't speak English, doesn't know how to gut a fish, she has business working in her job. She should be working in Geylang!:biggrin:

Sekali 'she' scold you, "Eh hello, I'm not makcik ok! I'm bapok understand? Bapok!"

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wot happened to the national almgiage? China girl should be fluent malay speaker like this indonesian chinese woman.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

There are many merdeka and pioneer sinkies who don't speak a word of english or mandarin. They speak either a chink dialect only, muud or keling. You want to revoke their sinkie citizenship?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many merdeka and pioneer sinkies who don't speak a word of english or mandarin. They speak either a chink dialect only, muud or keling. You want to revoke their sinkie citizenship?
We are talking about people coming into Sinkeepoo with English as the lingua franca.

We are not talking about the old sinkees with zero English language skills. They have citizenship by birth.

Anyway, their numbers are small and their expiry dates are due soon, so no issue there.

Just like the number of unvaxxed here are too small for anyone to bother. Even if they caught COVID anytime soon and die without vaccine protection, there is no issue of them clogging up the healthcare system. Most will just come here and engage in spreading nonsense among themselves that no one cares. :biggrin: