• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Toddler Girl dies after car accident at River Valley, parents appealing for witnesses

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
helper with 2 small kids? let me see...helper probably yepping on the phone or having video call...holding to the small one, letting the elder one run around...whose fault?
Probably chatting away with bangla bf while trying to control the kids running in front by shouting "don't run, slow down, wait for me". That's how accidents happen.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember the good old days of health centres where the ang pai girls were named after household names for easy reference eg Nokia, M1, Chanel, Gucci, Lexus, LV etc

that one i no know lah...................a respectable person like myself never go to any places of ill repute one............. :frown:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably chatting away with bangla bf while trying to control the kids running in front by shouting "don't run, slow down, wait for me". That's how accidents happen.
Always blame. Maid but not driver. Drivers should always be wary of people crossing in residential areas. It's the drivers job to do that.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the mother is a SPG?

up till now the mother id remains
a mystery ...

even the reporting is half baked ...

Quote ,

"Dr Orlic’s wife Michelle, a 38-year-old British lawyer, reached the hospital as soon as she could after speaking to the police at the accident location."

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 194544

View attachment 194545
View attachment 194547
View attachment 194549

View attachment 194543

Four-year-old Zara Mei Orlic celebrated her birthday on New Year’s Day and went on her first skiing trip in December, but on Jan 23 her life was cut short in a fatal accident near her home.

Zara was walking to her River Valley home after pre-school with her two-year-old sister and their maid Lily when a car came from around the street corner and knocked her down.

Speaking to The Straits Times on Jan 27, Zara’s father Nick Orlic said the maid was holding the younger girl’s hand and carrying their school bags, and had given Zara the green light to cross the road after checking that it was safe

Zara’s six-year-old sister was not with them at the time.

Dr Orlic, a senior lecturer at Nanyang Business School, said: “Zara was a careful girl. She was taught to check the roads before crossing.”

The street was usually not busy with traffic either, he added, although illegal parking and speeding cars were a problem.

The maid, an Indonesian in her 30s, said she could not reach Zara in time to prevent her from being hit by the car.

All she could do was scream for the driver to stop, but the car stopped only after some time.

Dr Orlic, 39, said he was at home, just minutes away from the accident spot, when he got a phone call from the maid, and he raced down to where Zara was.

“When I saw her, my heart sank. Her skull was shattered. She was bleeding profusely from her nose, mouth and head. And her eyes were closed,” he said.

Singapore Civil Defence Force paramedics arrived soon after and found that Zara had a faint pulse, he added.

The child was rushed to hospital, where a surgeon told Dr Orlic that Zara’s chances of survival were not good.

However, Dr Orlic said, the doctors continued to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on Zara for about half an hour.

“I asked them to continue keeping her alive till Michelle arrived because I wanted us to make a decision together.”

Dr Orlic’s wife Michelle, a 38-year-old British lawyer, reached the hospital as soon as she could after speaking to the police at the accident location.

Seeing Zara for the first time after the accident, she broke down in tears, said Dr Orlic. “She did not realise how bad the injuries were before she had seen Zara.

But she was very brave. Together, we told the surgeon to stop the CPR and said: ‘You can let her go now.’”

In response to queries, the police said there was an accident involving a car and a pedestrian in Institution Hill towards River Valley Road on Jan 23 at about 4.55pm.

They said a four-year-old girl was taken unconscious to hospital, where she later died of her injuries.

The police added that a 40-year-old woman was arrested under suspicion of careless driving causing death.

Dr Orlic – who has lived in Singapore since 2012 and, like his wife, is a permanent resident – said Zara was a joyful child who loved dancing. She also adored her sisters.

He added that she loved her first skiing trip in 2023 and spent a memorable Christmas in Croatia, where Dr Orlic is from.

Zara was too young to ski but wanted her father to be with her the whole time. So, Dr Orlic took her for three hours of skiing lessons and stayed by her side for all the skiing activities.

He is happy that he was able to have that time with her, he said.

He added: “Lily noticed that Zara was singing to herself cheerfully just moments before the accident. It gives us some comfort to know that she was happy when she died.”

Lily will be getting professional psychological help to cope with the trauma of witnessing the accident, he said.

The family, Dr Orlic added, will hold a private funeral for Zara on Jan 28 and 29.

The name "Zara" has diverse origins.

It can be of Arabic, Hebrew, or Slavic origin, each with different meanings.

In Arabic, Zara means "princess" or "flower," while in Hebrew, it translates to "seed" or "to sow."

The Slavic origin suggests "dawn" or "morning light."

The kid lived a good life, can get to see snow alps, learn skiing, my kid only go JB nia...din even know how to swim.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/KrHhWZXPmHh9LjJX/?mibextid=xfxF2i

Screenshot_2024-01-30-23-23-39-53_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg