• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Singaporean man puzzled when he found out on Reddit how most Singaporeans seem to earn over $10k monthly when he only earns about $2k monthly

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
frustrated-young-asian-man-sitting-laptop-scaled-e1707670070913.jpg

https://theindependent.sg/man-puzzled-by-how-so-many-singaporeans-earn-around-8-10k-easily/

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I was quite surprised when a friend I met recently told me that he was holding some senior managerial posts and earning $8K+ a month. That's after spending more than 23 years in the company. I thought he would be earning more than $20k a month. Is it true that many senior executives are paid pittance salary? I've totally lost touch as I had not been an employee for more than 20 years.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diploma holder rarely make it to management positions here, PAP talk cock say hire based on merit in reality since 1965 is all look at paper only

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I was quite surprised when a friend I met recently told me that he was holding some senior managerial posts and earning $8K+ a month. That's after spending more than 23 years in the company. I thought he would be earning more than $20k a month. Is it true that many senior executives are paid pittance salary? I've totally lost touch as I had not been an employee for more than 20 years.
lol I am surprised he’s earning $8k if he is what he claimed to be - senior management.

Is it senior manager at McDonald’s restaurant?

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a loser. :rolleyes:

Please do not denigrate him. He is after all, a fellow citizen, one of us, descendants of our visionary Founding & forefathers whom gave us our todays.

He is probably young, fresh out from ITE or N level, but still EDUCATED, at least enough to know the 3 'R's - Reading, wRiting & aRithmetic...

S$2000 is far too low for a Singaporean to survive. As he is young & NOT born out of a vacuum, he would have family to support, After CPF deduction, helping family funds & living expenses, he would be left with little for RECREATION, left alone critical SAVINGS as NO Human is born to work, but only work TO LIVE life. He is NOT a robot.

The average salary of a Singaporean is at the least far above $2,000. That may be factors why he is earning such a low salary:-

a)
He had been MADE USED of by either unscrupulous big MNCs or barely surviving SMES, MISUSING his citizenship to beat MOM law's on foreign workers within a quota - every 3 citizens for 1 foreign cheap or guan xi 'talent'.

b) He is content with the comfort zone of working under aircon environment, office attire, screw upgrading efforts by us taxpayers funding, went for fixed pay & hours & dares not or not well informed of better alternatives with same privileges, even if without an education certificate but just more sweat. Even dedicated delivery personnel earns more than $3000 a month at OWN TIME, let alone bus drivers with annual leave & other privileges - $5,000/mth.

He is born with the gift of Free Will, but may he realize the consequences & accept such.

As for those whom are earning $8,000/mth, there is NO need to envy them. It comes with heavy responsibilities, & in our society based upon merit, such a salary can be gone with failures to perform, even for an MP whom earns $15,000/mth at the next election.....

Higher salaries is SUSTAINABLE in Singapore as we are a Port city in an UNIQUE location as well as our friendly terms with neighbors & friends. There are MUCH opportunities for all - employers & employees, to EACH earn a fair & honest sustainable living, which is a policy by MOM.

However, nothing is forever. Do not begrudge oneself of honest opportunity & recreation as all needs it but Save up what one has & best be humble & reasonable, to the vagaries & conflicts in our World, be ADAPTABLE, to put food on the table for oneself & loved ones, & help others whenever we can, to live a meaningful life...

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for those whom are earning $8,000/mth, there is NO need to envy them. It comes with heavy responsibilities, & in our society based upon merit, such a salary can be gone with failures to perform, even for an MP whom earns $15,000/mth at the next election.....
Aiya it’s like envy those Grab drivers who CLAIMED to earn $10k la. Earn so much end up will use for medical fees. It’s been proven that long hours of driving usually mean poor health.