• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Singaporean man forced to pitch tent to sleep just outside his hoarder mother's full-of-rubbish HDB flat

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
301123_boon%20lay%20tent%20clutter.jpg

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/i...n-who-pitched-tent-outside-cluttered-boon-lay

Examples of hoarding in HDB flats to illustrate why this man felt forced to pitch tent outside flat to sleep :

file.jpg

Hoarding-StyleMag.jpg

first-photo.ashx
Clutter-Hoarding-1024x683.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There comes a point in time when one must learn how to declutter. For example, borrow books instead of buying them. If you received many gifts and trophies from your workplace, they need to be discarded. Only keep some of the more truly memorable, vintage stuff e.g. some old toys, stamps and coins, artwork etc.

It's all about balance. It's the same with money, some people are obsessed with spending, others are obsessed with saving. There is no balance. One needs to figure out when, how and how much to save or spend money.

The same goes for food: feasting must be balanced with fasting.

Reactions: jw5

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key question to ask when decluttering is : 1. Will I be needing and using the thing in the next 1-2 years; and 2. Will I still be around in the next 10 - 20 years to use those things?

The Crow

Alfrescian
Loyal
His mum will be very happy to stay here ... :o-o:

Attachments

• ak_pgl_181021 copy.jpg
    ak_pgl_181021 copy.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 32