• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] Redditor did not give ang bao at friend's 5-star wedding dinner due to being flat broke, friend texted angrily to demand where is my ang bao?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally, I would totally stop going to all weddings, funerals and gatherings altogether. Doesn't matter if you are rich or poor. Not even if you work in some job which requires 'networking'. Out of sight, out of mind. :wink:

Honorary mention: baby showers. Congratulations, you had squirted out a brat who survived for around a month. Want a medal for that? :rolleyes:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melayus give gifts, and every week you can find their weddings at Concorde Hotel. :biggrin:

Wrong. Melayus invite for the blessings and wellwishes the guests would give to the newlyweds.
We don't care about the money. Their presence alone is sufficient for us.
And also nowadays we don't do it at the void deck anymore so those bigots who keep complaining about noise during weddings can STFU.
Now I shall turn the tables on you.
So the question remains, when will you stop funeral and burn money at the void deck, you dirty cheap scum. Why don't you do it at a luxury hotel?

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays, per table can be 2k, what a ripoff but many couples are stupid, nobody gives a flying fuck 2 hours after the dinner

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays, per table can be 2k, what a ripoff but many couples are stupid, nobody gives a flying fuck 2 hours after the dinner

I had the privilege of attending a super high SES wedding dinner some years ago. Fried rice sprinkled with foie gras. Free flow of premium red wine. Live band on stage playing jazz music. It was truly quite the experience. :biggrin:

Wrath

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about replying "fear not! The angbao is on its way, and I promise it'll be worth the wait. Get ready for a little surprise headed your way!" :biggrin:

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I would totally stop going to all weddings, funerals and gatherings altogether. Doesn't matter if you are rich or poor. Not even if you work in some job which requires 'networking'. Out of sight, out of mind. :wink:

Honorary mention: baby showers. Congratulations, you had squirted out a brat who survived for around a month. Want a medal for that? :rolleyes:
Wise.
Better if enforced with determined action.
Not easy.

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
giphy.gif