• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - NTU students complain they feel like animals in a zoo when hordes of Tiong tourists come into NTU and stare at them in their classrooms

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Disruptive and crowded​

NTU students previously voiced their grievances on Reddit, sharing how the tourists have become disruptive.

The common places that students have spotted the influx of tourists in NTU are The Hive, The Chinese Heritage Centre and South Spine.

In one post, one user lamented that they could hear the tour guides on their megaphones in the classrooms. They also pointed out that with the influx of tourists, the food courts have gotten busier, and the ground floor of a student building has become a gathering place for tourists instead of students.

Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-4.31.27%E2%80%AFPM.png
Screenshot via Reddit

Another Reddit user wondered about the influx of young tourist schoolchildren visiting The Hive building.

Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-4.45.54%E2%80%AFPM.png
Screenshot via Reddit

In the comment section, some users shared that the students in the tutorial rooms at The Hive feel like zoo exhibits for tourists.

Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-4.52.31%E2%80%AFPM.png
Screenshot via Reddit

Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-4.54.42%E2%80%AFPM.png
Screenshot via Reddit

The tutorial rooms at The Hive have floor-to-ceiling glass panes that allow anyone walking past to look in.

Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-4.47.54%E2%80%AFPM.png
Photo via Google Maps

Some also noted that this happened for years, even before the Covid-19 pandemic.

Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-4.58.46%E2%80%AFPM.png
Screenshot via Reddit

Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-4.59.01%E2%80%AFPM.png

https://mothership.sg/2024/02/ntu-tour-registration-policy-2024/

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This what mediocrity looks like. Lazy sinkies can't even handle china 996 hustle culture. :cool:

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
My secondary school neighborhood school in 2008 MOE organise some China-SG school exchange program, fuck those Ah Tiongs come to SG see our school facilities so modern they like some country bumpkin noisy fuck never see outside world before

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTU is a PRC dumping ground and social lab. Go browse its web site and see how many Tiongs are hanging out there on a scholarship. many are postgrads, mostly PhDs. After they graduate, hopefully, these Tiongs will be grateful and become Sg shitizens. So expect more days of being human spcimens.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTU is ranked fairly high in global rankings but it's not because of it's "cultural diversity" with plenty of China, Indian, ASEAN students subsidized to study in Singapore and inferior teaching staff from these countries. Student can feedback about shitty professors, but nothing will happen to them.

NTU is like a shithole these days. The campus is like Chinatown or Little India these days.

While our local kids teach tuition, work part-time or use parent's CPF loan for their uni education, the NTU foreign students enjoys sex orgies in campus dorms during weekends, and with got spare allowance to smoke weed these days because most are on an all-expense paid trip (fees, lodging and allowance). Without subsidies and scholarships, foreign students will rather go to another university in Singapore or another country. Moreover, only a tiny fraction of Singapore's leading politicans and wealthy families enrol their kids to NTU; local students from better-to-do families will rather go to another local university or overseas than going mingle with poorer peers in NTU.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTU is ranked fairly high in global rankings but it's not because of it's "cultural diversity" with plenty of China, Indian, ASEAN students subsidized to study in Singapore and inferior teaching staff from these countries. Student can feedback about shitty professors, but nothing will happen to them.

NTU is like a shithole these days. The campus is like Chinatown or Little India these days.

While our local kids teach tuition, work part-time or use parent's CPF loan for their uni education, the NTU foreign students enjoys sex orgies in campus dorms during weekends, and with got spare allowance to smoke weed these days because most are on an all-expense paid trip (fees, lodging and allowance). Without subsidies and scholarships, foreign students will rather go to another university in Singapore or another country. Moreover, only a tiny fraction of Singapore's leading politicans and wealthy families enrol their kids to NTU; local students from better-to-do families will rather go to another local university or overseas than going mingle with poorer peers in NTU.

Any place that is geographically close to a SAF army camp is by definition a shithole.

Same for malls, HDB flats, condos etc.

adaliedn

Alfrescian
Loyal
This sort of thing annoyed me too at university. I don't like public speaking or being the center of attention. Therefore, when you are surrounded by people from the group and many unknowns, it is not very cool. In order to somehow calm myself down, I spent my free time on hobbies. https://lastminutewriting.com/ helped me with my studies. I am very happy that I finally graduated from university and now I work from home

Last edited: