• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG new law to target online scam

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle says introducing new laws is not useful.
The only way to prevent online scams is to revert to a limited digital world like rewind to year 2k. This simply means digital technology has failed and it is better to admit failure than faking it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apart from scams, the Online Criminal Harms Bill also targets illicit activities such as terrorism, use of online platforms for drug trafficking and spread of exploitative or voyeuristic images.

Very ambiguous and ominous. But I'm sure daft Sinkies believe that to be for their own good. :biggrin:

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
No use one, elderly only know how to press press press on smartphone, they will not know what were they pressing. My grandma always turn on bluetooth which I dun get it why she never use and everytime turn it on. She told me just anyhow press if dunno.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many online scams were reported to our police, involving monetary scams, phishing, fake HR, etc

Very often, IO will call the victim on the phone and said that it was not under their purview and case close.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Barking up the wrong tree.
They should target the vulnerability of the banking system esp the payment system.
By going all out to convert everything possible to go digital or online , the PAP is one of the major cause of this problem.
An example is the physical token for online banking which was converted to a mobile app/digital token without giving customers a choice.
I would prefer a physical token as it is safer and more secure and I do not mind carrying it around as its so small .
PAP has sacrificed safety and security for speed and convenience.
It allow banks to hire less frontline retail banking/counter staff and make more profits at the expense of consumer account security.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should target the vulnerability of the banking system esp the payment system.
By going all out to convert everything possible to go digital or online , the PAP is one of the major cause of this problem.

Exactly, the source of the problem cannot also be the solution, especially 'solution' made by rubberstamping laws. :cool:

I predict they will use this to create more income opportunities for their cronies, while also tightening online censorship, in the name of 'fighting against scams'. :roflmao:

These globalist PAP technocrats are very predictable. :wink:

...collaborations around technology governance, digital currencies, and smart cities.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An example is the physical token for online banking which was converted to a mobile app/digital token without giving customers a choice.
I would prefer a physical token as it is safer and more secure and I do not mind carrying it around as its so small .
PAP has sacrificed safety and security for speed and convenience.
It allow banks to hire less frontline retail banking/counter staff and make more profits at the expense of consumer account security.
Our banking system though shitty isn’t that vulnerable yet
You see how those losers kena scammed it’s all old school tactics with some new twist only.
If you got idiots giving out their passwords and OTPs easily then what kind of extra safeguards also no use
Got victims can say they were busy so just click the links sent by scammers without verification. Some can anyhow download apps onto phone when knowing full well now important info is kept in our phones. People who take such laissez faire attitudes to safeguard own monies deserved to be scammed

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smart Nation til become Tio Scammed Nation indeed.

Knn, now then implement this law. How many people were being scammed for the past few years losing their entire savings?