• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Malaysians (enslaved in Cambodia?) SCAMMING Singaporeans ON A RAMPAGE now

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Viper0402 :​

1) Previously received calls from a female asking do I know who she is, why do not know who she is since she's lost her phone and wallet, blah blah blah.... few days later received same type of calls from a male, ALL heavy with Malaysian Chinese slang.

2) Friends on Facebook recently posted the same encounter with these Malaysian Chinese scammers with MANY posted replies from their friends receiving the same calls from Malaysian Chinese RECENTLY too.

These scammers are simply waiting for you to identify that "someone", then say keep in contact while go on a research on this particular "someone" online on social medias, etc., then days later, resume all the phonecalls asking for help and money, etc.
The female SCAMMER even come back with my wife's name, asking how is she...

So WHO else is here is FACING this NEW WAVE of Malaysian Chinese scammers?

Joseph12 :​

lion21 said:
These Malaysians trapped in Cambodia

Ya. Could simply be they are kidnapped & at scammer's mercy

brownkai :​

Yes I have this call from this guy msia accent super strong... Call more than 3 Times over a year Liao...
First time received the call tell me he just change number ask me to take note... So I ask who is this... He just keep telling me u dun recognize my voice meh? How can u like that? Old fren still dunno who am I? Blah blah...
I'm confused and kinda pissed by not telling me who the f he is... But I just tell him okie I take note ur number and bye...
Then 2nd time he call maybe 6 mths later... But I remember the same style and **** again but from a different number... Then I just play along asking him when u coming to Singapore meet me... He quite shocked... Then tell me he is sinkie I say Mai tok cock la... Ur msia accent so strong....
Third time almost a yr... I ask him how r u... I like to treat u makan he jitao hang up...

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never UNDER - ESTIMATE scammers. They too will learn, research & upgrade their tactics & strategies. Today, thanks to Microsoft's Vall -E Text To Speech system, all it takes is a mere 3 seconds to imitate one's speech pattern, & then use the tonal quality to read out entire texts in that same voice.

Therefore, a scammer will conduct a conversation with you, record your voice, & then USE your voice to scam your family members for money. Imagine a call to your mother, claiming to be you, & that you had lost your wallet, have no cash & in urgent need of money to fly back to Singapore, or other excuses to make one part with money.

Remain calm. There are ways to beat such AI advancements MISUSED by scammers.

When one receives such calls, always VERIFY the identity of the callers even if it sounds like your son/daughter/husband/wife,etc such as :-
a)What is the name of the Primary School you attended.
b)What is the name of your mother.
c)What is the name of your Uncle's 1st son.
d)What is the name of the restaurant you ate at before leaving Singapore, etc.

Purpose:- to create more permutations of integers within the AI system with infinite possibilities beyond its ability to compute. The scammer will do research on the persons to be scammed such as details from social media facebook, tik tok, instagram, stolen handphone details, etc, but with variations on the verification questions asked, there is little possibility of the scammer getting all questions correct, & thus revealing the scam.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cambodian scammers are controlled by some Tiong cartel. They specifically target the Tiongs or ethnic Chinese ones there.

Those Malaysians probably work for them.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money knows no skin color, nor does any scammer cares about one's skin color. It is the money that they - cartel or individual - desires for, at the expense of others whom they deemed as below their supposed 'intelligence, race, religion, etc'. Scammers knows that one day their supposed 'luck' will run out one day, as they too know they are only mortals & not perfect, thus their way of life is to life only live for day, spend all they ill gotten gained today as there may be no tomorrow for them.

Our Singapore govt had tried various thru public education to protect citizens & those whom lived here, such as using tech to fight them using QR code or ScamShield type apps. The thing about tech is that what one creates, so too can another, thru the computer & tech accessories.

However, tech is not all encompassing & without flaws, as it is made by flawed mortals as no mortal is perfect. The Human Brain is FAR FAR more advanced than any computer that exists today, even Quantum computers that can trace every single Human on Earth life history thru Blockchain methods as naive Humans use tech to promote themselves thru social media. From one mere instagram post of food taken at a spot, it will reveal one's location & diet. With more posts, generative AI will have a clear picture of that individual, & trawled from that individual's social media input such as whatsapp, facebook, etc & even bank, jobs, Court & govt interactions, AI will have full information from that individual within its huge blockchain type storage banks, to use or misused when necessary.

Therefore, precautions are needed as we delved into this new World, as Evil does exists in our World. However, Evil can never triumph against good as proven in Humanity's existence for millennia. It may win battles, but as long as there exists still good & rational Humans, evil will never win the war.

As tech is flawed, being made by equally flawed mortals, misused by evil, thus lay the loophole that we Humanity will achieve victory. It lays within our gifted minds, thru CRITICAL thinking.

Our govt's efforts to protect citizens should not lay in FULL dependence of tech. Tech will help, but in many other ways. The public education focus should be on INDIVIDUAL EFFORT. Simply - ALWAYS, ALWAYS - VERIFY any correspondence or contact, & the means to do so. It takes only a few seconds, but it will save one's life, if not one's hard earned life savings over decades. While AI have enormous capacity to store information, it can never beat the amount that our complex brains can store, & retrieved for critical matters.

There may be some conmen or conwomen whom will use the traditional method of face to face contacts. Do invite them to do so, as in Singapore, there ARE surveillance cameras EVERYWHERE - in shops, in corridors, in streets, etc. The con person may escape & hide from one camera, but there are far too many cameras elsewhere that one cant hide from. There is NO escape for criminals in Singapore.