• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP - Aug 2015 - Official Opening of the New SDP HQ

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Advice for SDP

(ok, even if you were to brush this off, I would still say it)

Don't say things that can get you sued... even if what you say is true, not unless there is no concrete proof from independent, non-disputable sources that the PAP cannot dispute

Don't provoke the PAP or other opposition parties into a confrontation

Don't get into a controversy

Don't protest for the sake of protesting

Don't let Vincent Wijeysingha ruin your campaign... in 2011, he almost provoked Tharman in a debate, he is no longer SDP, stay away from him, he may ruin your election chances if his mouth is too loose

Don't put all your eggs in one basket... you want to maximize the chances of winning in all the constituencies you contest

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
One would have thought SDP might win Holland-Bukit Timah GRC with the YOG scandal, but instead the 60% didn't have issues with YOG and put Vivian in parliament! That's why don't put all eggs in one basket :smile:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One would have thought SDP might win Holland-Bukit Timah GRC with the YOG scandal, but instead the 60% didn't have issues with YOG and put Vivian in parliament! That's why don't put all eggs in one basket :smile:

Sometimes you have to take risks. LTK left his HG fortress to put up a WP 'A' team in Aljunied, the strongest he could assemble, and achieved victory.

Likewise, I think it would be wise for SDP to gun for Holland-Bukit Timah by putting a strong 'A' team there. They can achieve the 10% vote swing, now that Vivian is one of most hated and useless PAP ministers.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes you have to take risks. LTK left his HG fortress to put up a WP 'A' team in Aljunied, the strongest he could assemble, and achieved victory.

Likewise, I think it would be wise for SDP to gun for Holland-Bukit Timah by putting a strong 'A' team there. They can achieve the 10% vote swing, now that Vivian is one of most hated and useless PAP ministers.

How many percent did SDP gain in Holland-Bukit Timah the last time ?

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal

But this time it looks like LTK fears losing Aljunied, he or the other Aljunied MPs dare not venture out, they did not want to suffer the same fate as CST.

The SDP put up a very strong team in Holland-Bukit Timah in 2011 with Vincent Wijeysingha, Tan Jee Say, Ang Yong Guan. And yet, this SDP 'A' team lost to a small time minister, Vivian who is facing a YOG scandal. Even with the YOG scandal, Vivian score a convincing 60%. I'm sure the results were disappointing, many people at that time thought Vivian would lose.

There are two sides of the coin: Vivian may be one of the most hated and useless PAP ministers in the eyes of the opposition supporters, but Vivian is also one of the most loved Ministers among the government supporters :eek:

My personal view, it is tough to defeat Vivian, I would not risk all my 'A' team at Holland-Bukit Timah. So I would not put all my eggs there. Like a good portfolio, I spread out my investment to minimize risks. But then, no risk, no gain, if SDP is to capture Holland-Bukit Timah and they didn't put all their 'A' team there, they probably regret not doing so. On the other hand, if the SDP put all their 'A' team in Holland-Bukit Timah and Vivian is to shine again in 2015 with the SDP 'A' team defeated, then SDP would miss yet another opportunity to represent the people in parliament.

But at the end of the day, this is for the SDP team to decide, it is their call :smile: