• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Robinsons - Clearly Piece of Shit Cuntpany from Glassdoor Reviews!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
July 24, 2017
Helpful (18)
Robinsons Singapore Logo
"Confession of an ex staff"
★★★★★
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
Doesn't Recommend
Neutral Outlook
I worked at Robinsons Singapore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros
1. I enjoyed working with my ex-boss who gave me the autonomy to make decisions and room to grow. She led the team to develop in their own strengths whilst helping deal with the political landscape above. 2. I launched many key initiatives during my stint there and till date, I am proud to say that I was part of the team who brought ideas and initiative to live. We dared to dream and brought those dreams into reality.

Cons
1. It is a shame looking at the product direction and campaigns now. They lack strategic direction and focus. The high standards set when Robinsons Orchard (now The Hereen) was first established is visibly diminished or dare I say, even gone. 2. I have concerns on how the HR department is functioning. It does not have a proper protocol for staff engagement, staff pulse check or even exit interview. These are all key tools that are utilized by most organisations to have checks and balances in place to ensure the organisation is moving in the right direction or not letting anything slip. 3. Similar to what many others have shared, favoritism is clearly an issue here too. I have personally experienced potential hires being "blocked" due to "undisclosed" (seemingly political) reasons. Gossip and rumor-mongering seem to rule here, beyond logic and common sense. 4. I have since left the company for a while now, and yet, based on feedback shared with me by colleagues that are still in the organisation, nothing has changed since then. If anything, the decay and issues there have only gotten worse. 5. I have enormous respect for the old guards that have stuck it out in the company, in hope that things change or get better. But at the same time, I heave a sign of relief for those who have experienced the decay and made a choice to leave. It take a lot to leave something you care about, but only if one deems that it is beyond saving or hope.

Advice to Management
I loved the brand but I like many others have chose to leave in the end. I did not have an opportunity to do an official exit interview back then when I left. Should you want to speak with me in private, leave a review here with contact (not sure if you can reply to me directly) and I'm happy to connect (only if I'm confident my details will be kept confidential).

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
September 29, 2020
Robinsons Singapore Logo
"Very political and toxic environment"
★★★★★
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked at Robinsons Singapore full-time for more than a year
Pros
Got discount in Robinsons as well as other brands such as Ted Baker or Royal Sporting House
Cons
Very political and toxic environment. A lot of gossip and favoritism floating around all the time, and some bosses rule by fear instead of by reasoning.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
January 10, 2020
Helpful (3)
Robinsons Singapore Logo
"Full of talented people but poor management"
★★★★★
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Singapore
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked at Robinsons Singapore full-time for more than 3 years
Pros
Good working colleagues 2 Off days per week Benefits
Cons
Poor management Indecisive and lack of proper direction from top managements
Advice to Management
Wake up and do a personnel review . Starting from those right at the top. Once a great company , now it's all gone to waste due to poor decision makin

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
March 30, 2015
Helpful (23)
Robinsons Singapore Logo
"Unprofessional & manipulative middle to senior management who practices favoritism"
★★★★★
Managerial Role (Head Office) in Singapore
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I have been working at Robinsons Singapore
Pros
- Great staff discount across Robinson Group of Stores - 25-day medical leave, unlimited medical claims at list of specific company doctors
Cons
- No annual or performance bonus since 2012. - Dental claim is only $150 - HR team is unprofessional, does not adhere to confidentiality, shows favoritism to certain departments and participates in negative gossiping. - HR does not look into departments that have high turnovers (of more than 5 people at one time) and does not conduct exit interviews when they are able to avoid doing so. - HR team does not look at improving self, expects all staff to visit the company portal to look at the incentive schemes and staff manuals. They do not answer for their oversight and pushes the blame to the staff. - Middle management instigates negative gossiping and the senior management emboldens them, causing a lot of internal office bullying. Many are afraid to stand up due to indirect threats of being asked to or forced to leave. - Senior management does not give credit when it is due, promoting the ones whom they favor. - Senior management is unprofessional and often makes personal attacks on staff. - Senior management often reprimands staff if results of reports are not pleasing to them and demands staff to alter the reports inaccurately to make themselves look better before presenting them to top management. - Senior management often makes unofficial rules within departments that do not apply to other departments.
Advice to Management
There needs to be an internal review on the senior management team. Often, unofficial directives are given and employees who have commitments (like children or house payments) will have to put up with it or risk losing their jobs. This in turn emboldens the senior management team to continue managing the department unjustly. It will always be a challenge to cultivate loyal employees.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don’t think , it was such a place in the earlier days of 50s to 80s , most of the staff were Eurasians with a good command of English ... and some worked till their late 60s